[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you're bored.....

10 team league - redrafter

Standard performance (4 pt pass TDs) with reception pts.

start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D

At end of 7th round now, but, I figure what the hell, I will see ho the collective Huddle mind thinks I am doing out of the #2 spot.

Here are Rosters and the Draft Report.

My current roster:

Shaun Alexander (1st round)

Ahman Green (3rd round)

Cedric Benson (4th round)

Chad Johnson (2nd round)

Nate Burleson (5th round)

Roy Williams (6th round)

Dallas Clark (7th round)

Would like to hear any comments on where I may have missed a value pick, what teams you like thus far, what teams are gonna have problems, anything like that.

I love stuff like this. I'd say you are doing well so far.

I think CJ might have been a little early, but getting Green in the 3rd could pay off big value. And then grabbling Benson was smart too, and you certianly have solid WR corps.

I am surprised how late JJ and the other rookies went.

Big slick looked like he was in trouble (QB, WR, WR?!) but was lucky and got Tatum, Chris Brown (eh), and then Ronnie Brown. That might work out considering he had Manning and tight WRs.

Vick went way too early in my opinion.

Who you looking at for QB? Collins Favre Hasselhoff? Better get one soon.

900813[/snapback]

First thing I noticed. 5.01. W_T_F?

You're without a top QB, but that's a strategy I really like. Burleson should be HUGH this year, top 10 imo, and CJ is a stud. If Williams can stay healthy and Harrington doesn't suck ass (2 major question marks), you could have real strong WR's. Nice RB's. We'll see about Benson, but Green was good value where you took him. I might draft RB again next. Wait another round or 2 with QB, there's nothing out there anyway.

I think you did a good job. It's a 10 team league, so there's a lot of talent out there, and I don't think you'll be one of the best teams, but you should be decent, at least from what it looks like so far.

For some reason, for a 10 team league, and all that talent available, no team really stands out right now. Must be some solid drafting going on. :D

Nice team so far. Let me ask you this - which combo would you rather have: Ahman Green/Nate Burleson or Torry Holt/Cadillac Williams? It's a close call there, huh? If you prefer the Ahman/Nate combo you should be happy. If you prefer the Torry/Cadillac combo you could've had that instead.

Now for your 8th and 9th picks (in no particular order):

QB - Collins or Favre, and Palmer as a sleeper

RB - Gore (will be a starter if Barlow doesn't perform), Suggs (already a starter, but may be RBBC), Droughns (see Suggs), DeShaun Foster or Eric Shelton (Stephen Davis failed his physical), Travis Henry (injury or bad play by Brown and he's a starter), and LaBrandon Toefield (is Fred Taylor fully healed, and can he stay that way?)

WR - Jimmy Smith (old but consistent), Chris Chambers (not alot of competition for him), Ashley Lelie (only 50 catches last year, but 1000 yards, and Rod Smith ain't getting any younger), Plaxico Burress (decent competition with Amani and Jeremy), and Deion Branch (Brady shares the ball, but he is the #1 WR)

TE - You got Dallas Clark, so you may wanna wait to pick up a 2nd TE

K - Too early to take one

D - Pats, Bills, Steelers, Bucs (these 4, along with the Ravens may be the closest to a sure thing you can get for a defense)

The hardest part now is to figure out who you think you can wait an extra round on. That's the key for these middle rounds.

Teams I like so far in your league are the Coconuts and Manginas. I like yours between 3-5. No real problem teams so far, but Michael Vick went way too early. Good luck

Big slick looked like he was in trouble (QB, WR, WR?!) but was lucky and got Tatum, Chris Brown (eh), and then Ronnie Brown.  That might work out considering he had Manning and tight WRs. 

Who you looking at for QB?  Collins Favre Hasselhoff?  Better get one soon.

900813[/snapback]

I knew Vick would go that early.. the guy is a Vick lover, and in the keepr league we are both involved in, he is trying very hard to get him. At QB I am hoping to grab Hasselbeck, but, I am content ot sit back another pair of picks and go QB/QB in the 10/11 rounds and get me a pair with very favorable scheduling with each other (don't know who that is yeat, depends what is available, but something like a Brady/Brooks type combo, where I should be able to have a good matchp to play each week)

You're without a top QB, but that's a strategy I really like. Burleson should be HUGH this year, top 10 imo, and CJ is a stud. If Williams can stay healthy and Harrington doesn't suck ass (2 major question marks), you could have real strong WR's. Nice RB's. We'll see about Benson, but Green was good value where you took him. I might draft RB again next. Wait another round or 2 with QB, there's nothing out there anyway.

900834[/snapback]

I feel my team will be competitive, but I see no one really standing out as far and away having a great team so far... this 2 spot is a tough one to work out of.

I am hoping someone like Foster or even maybe BEttis makes it to me. An RB that can fill in for injury or byes if need be, and if the stars align, could be a solid contributor.

I don't think anyone in that league reads these boards, and if they do oh well, but right now I have entered ashley Lelie and Deshaun Foster as my prepicks for the upcoming rounds.... I highly doubt I will get them, but I think that Lelie is a steal this late, and he could easily start for me if Benson is not a full time starter in Chicago or one of my other WRs struggles.

How hard was it for you to pass on TO to take CJ?

Value wise, you scored big on Burleson and R. Williams. Even tho I think the WR position is the toughest to read in FF, I really like the WR corps you've assembled. Ahman was the pick to make when you did, I just hope he rebounds a bit from last season. He kinda scares me a bit this year. Would have been nice to see S. Jackson fall to you (IMO). Benson.........we'll have to wait and see. I think you reached a bit for Dallas, but with Pollard out of the picture, Clark could have a nice upside this season.

Top teams so far:

Coconuts

Manginas

Angry Americans (until his homer Vick pick)

Short Bus

Outside Lookin In

Gooch - Other than Daute and Gonzo, just don't like the feel of this team

Office Space - Bottom of the barrel (IMO)

Obviously you have your QB situation mapped out, so no need to rush here. RB wise, DeShaun Foster is the only name that really stands out in my mind. I'd snap him up. WR's look to be Ashley Lelie, Deion Branch, and Chris Chambers. Against conventional FF wisdom, Antonio Bryant may be worth a flyer in the later rounds.

Edited by Fenokee

How hard was it for you to pass on TO to take CJ?

900966[/snapback]

I appreciate all the input.

It was tough for me to do, but I just have one of those gut feels that TO is in for an off year. Not to say he won't still pt up WR stud numbers, just not typical TO numbers, and so I decided to gamble with CJ improving in his second year with Palmer.

I like the gamble on CJ. I honestly have bad feeling about both Moss and TO this year. Holt and CJ might be the top 2 this year.

Lelie would be a great steal, but you don't really need him - I suppose he's agreat backup WR or potential flex though. .

I think you jumped on Clark too quickly, personally. Sure, the "stud TEs" were gone, but Clark would have probably lasted until the 8.09, don't you think? You could have grabbed the Raven D for a "difference maker" at 7.02 and then hoped Clark lasted until the 8th. If he didn't, Heap and McMichael would have still been out there.

That being said, you still have a solid roster: Your RBs are solid; nice mix of younger stud, older hopeful stud, and potential rookie stud. Good young WRs.

That's all I got.

I think you jumped on Clark too quickly, personally.  Sure, the "stud TEs" were gone, but Clark would have probably lasted until the 8.09, don't you think?  You could have grabbed the Raven D for a "difference maker" at 7.02 and then hoped Clark lasted until the 8th.  If he didn't, Heap and McMichael would have still been out there. 

That being said, you still have a solid roster:  Your RBs are solid; nice mix of younger stud, older hopeful stud, and potential rookie stud.  Good young WRs. 

That's all I got.

901114[/snapback]

Could have been a little early on Clark, but based on the draft last year, I have a feeling there will be 2-4 more TEs gone in the next round or so. I toyed wit hthe Ravens D, but I think I will be able to get the Pats or Bills later on and still get good performances.

I thought it was a very good draft.

1.02 I'd have taken Alexander, without a doubt. ----> +

2.09 I'd have taken TO but that is just splitting hairs (same tier). ----> +

Would you have taken Dillon here if he'd have been there?

3.02 I'd have taken L. Jordan again, splitting hairs (same tier) but you might have been able to go Dillon then Johnson with this pick anyways, maybe. ----> +

4th A pick that really got my attention. I'd have proabably gone WR but I think you changed my mind. I don't know if it'd have been Benson but my experience has been that a RB you can start at the flex every week is something good. ----> +

5.02 I'd have taken Porter, you take Burleson. Splitting hairs. ----> +

6.09 I'd have taken Mason. Probably splitting hairs again. ----> +

7.02 I'd have gone Heap. I'd have gone TE here, just with Heap. I don't know if this rates a - so I'll give it a push.

Of a possible 7, I've awarded you a 6. But I'm not great at this game. So if you consider that a good score, you've been warned.

So.. draft went real slow today but i got Foster.

I think I can wait longer on QB as 8 teams have theirs and there are sytill a few starting slots to be filled.

I am debating Jimmy Smith, who, in the 9th round and as the 31st WR taken has to be considered a good value or going with the Bills or Pats D

Is this a mock, or for one of your leagues?

I like the foundation of your team so far BC. If you're contemplating a DEF in Rd 9, might I suggest you move your QB/QB plan up from rd 10/11 to 9/10. Looks like you'll land Hasslebeck, and then the turn will give you your desired back-up. Could start a QB run that would pave the way to your next pick.

Like you need the help :D

Is this a mock, or for one of your leagues?

I like the foundation of your team so far BC. If you're contemplating a DEF in Rd 9, might I suggest you move your QB/QB plan up from rd 10/11 to 9/10. Looks like you'll land Hasslebeck, and then the turn will give you your desired back-up. Could start a QB run that would pave the way to your next pick.

Like you need the help  :D

901930[/snapback]

It's for a real league with some friends and friends of friends. None of htem had experience running a league, they had just played in some before, so they asked me to set one up last year for htem.. I did and actually ended up winning thanks to a hot streak at the end of the season.

But, I like to bounce ideas off people here even though I am fairly sure what direction I am going.

I like Hasselbeck, but, with only one other team needing a QB and as we have 9 starters, I don't think a lot of teams will grab backup QBs yet, I feel comfortable waiting and getting either Hasselbeck, Brady, Brooks, Plummer and Huddle sleeper Palmer still available, Ican land one of those guys as my primary, possibly still get a second one of that group as my backup or a Leftwich/Brees type QB as my backup. Will have to do a quick schedule analysis based on who I get