[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss, Portis, Johnson?

TBone

I'm in a prefomance scoring league that also awards one point per reception. I can keep two players. I'm tryin' to decided among Randy Moss, Clinton Portis and Rudi Johnson.

I'm leaning towards Moss and Portis, but I hate the thought of loosing Rudi Johnson. The Bengals are going to have an explosive offense and I think he is going to have a big year.

Is my judgement being clouded by my Bengal homerism? Any advice would be appreciated.

hmm what other running backs are going to be available besides the rookies? you have 2 pretty good running backs, but it would be hard for me to let moss go.

Edited by Robash

Painful choice. With everyone only keeping 2, most are gonna keep 2 RB studs if they got em. I would keep Moss and a RB. But which one, hmm? You'll make a gut call when the time comes. Don't worry about homerism, both RB's are worthy of keeping. If it were me, I would keep Rudi for 2 reasons. 1) pretty close to call, and 2)why not enjoy having a homer on your team? It's not like your asking Rudi or LT here.

i like your first thought, moss and portis. I was doing some reading yesterday to answer another question that regarded portis and according to the huddle here , Washington has one of the best schedules this year and there rankings for rbs have portis as number 7 and rudi at 14 for performance scoring. Portis had an "off year" last season and still had 1500+ total yards and 7 tds, what qualifies as a good year?

I'd keep Moss and Johnson. Decent RB depth this season. Moss is going to be catching ball upon ball upon ball this season and in future seasons. There's enough RB depth - assuming you have a decent draft slot - to pair a good RB (rookie or otherwise) with Rudi.

I'd personally keep both RBs and then do solid research find the sleeper WRs.

I am surprised there isn't more worry about Moss moving to Oakland honestly. Could be great (lots of shootouts, Collins has a big arm, nice compliment in Porter) or it could be a disaster (he is injury prone, Collins is simply not Pepper, and there's always media/PR/team relations problems).

But if you are set on keeping him, I'd take the chance on Rudi. I have Rudi ranked one spot ahead of Portis, who I feel gained too much value from running in Denver.

I'd personally keep both RBs and then do solid research find the sleeper WRs. 

I am surprised there isn't more worry about Moss moving to Oakland honestly.  Could be great (lots of shootouts, Collins has a big arm, nice compliment in Porter) or it could be a disaster (he is injury prone, Collins is simply not Pepper, and there's always media/PR/team relations problems).

But if you are set on keeping him, I'd take the chance on Rudi.  I have Rudi ranked one spot ahead of Portis, who I feel gained too much value from running in Denver.

901100[/snapback]

Sorry, gotta completely and respectfully disagree here.

Finding "sleeper WRs" is not going to make up for Moss' production. Come on.

Next, in Oakland, sure Collins is no Culpepper, but it only takes TWO OR THREE WELL-PLACED PASSES that can turn a normal 70-yard 1 TD Moss game into a 150-yard, 3-TD extravaganza. Collins is an NFL QB for a reason. He'll get the ball to Moss, that's not a question, IMO.

Portis is overrated. Sure, they "changed the offensive scheme to suit Portis' running style", but who knows how effective that'll be. Rudi's a far better choice as a keeper...

And YOU'RE saying Portis is overrated, too.. and yet you say he should keep him over Moss? Doesn't make much sense. :D

Sorry, gotta completely and respectfully disagree here.

Finding "sleeper WRs" is not going to make up for Moss' production.  Come on.

Next, in Oakland, sure Collins is no Culpepper, but it only takes TWO OR THREE WELL-PLACED PASSES that can turn a normal 70-yard 1 TD Moss game into a 150-yard, 3-TD extravaganza.  Collins is an NFL QB for a reason.  He'll get the ball to Moss, that's not a question, IMO.

Portis is overrated.  Sure, they "changed the offensive scheme to suit Portis' running style", but who knows how effective that'll be.  Rudi's a far better choice as a keeper...

And YOU'RE saying Portis is overrated, too.. and yet you say he should keep him over Moss?  Doesn't make much sense.   :D

901133[/snapback]

It's what I would do - I realize it's probably not generally what people would do. But it's not like you can't make a case for it.

I'd personally rather have something like Rudi/Portis and then grab two of the best available WRs (we aren't sure what they are, but you might land Walker, Andre Johnson, or even CJ, depending on who people keep). I preffer Rudi/Portis/Andre better than Rudi/Moss/3rd tier RB.

I guess what I am saying is that I think you'd have a much harder time landing another quality RB, while the pool may be full of quality WRs. This all really depends who else has been kept, and where he picks, but chances are all of the top 15 RBS will be gone, while several top 10 WRs will be around.

I'd rather have two top 15 RBs, that are potentially top 10 RBs, than Moss (on a new team with a mediocre QB) and one of them.

Note: remember that Moss will help Collins more than Collins will help Moss

Edited by Roo

How many teams in the league?...

What pick do you have in the draft?...

Do you utilize flex players?...

These are critical facts that would be helpful to give any kind of advice that is worth wild. Without knowing...as much as it breaks my heart to say it...I'd give up Moss and keep both RBs. In a 10 team league, you figure that 15-18 RBs will be kept. In this scenerio, you would still have a shot at some top WRs (here's where the draft position would be helpful). If you utilize a Flex...I'd pick the highest rated WR with my first pick and the best available RB on the way back. Just some thoughts.

Good Luck