[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This season is just a formality

Seahawks21

Barring major injury catastrophes, this season is over. If the Seahawks are a 10, the next closest team is a 6 or 7. You can start designing the rings now. The NFL is going to play a season, and we're all going to get excited about some games and all that, but for all intents and purposes, this one is over.

They looked damn good Seahawks21 and appear to have the mental focus to repeat but... If Wilson gets hurt TJax isn't taking this team beyond a wild card game. If Earl Thomas gets hurt this defense suddenly has a weakness or two. If there are multiple injuries at any one position everything gets derailed. I'm going to enjoy last night's in and continue sacrificing virgins to the football gods for good halth ad bounces their(Seahawks) way.

Edited by Tripleshot
  • Like 2

Percy adds to the talent the team already had. But the team won't play lights out every week.

Also, I was surprised with how ordinary Aaron Rodgers looked last night. He wasn't at the top of his game. How much of that was the Seattle defense? Probably some but can't be all.

I'd argue, but it appears you may be right. :kicksrock: That said, that level of arrogance still makes you kind of a jerk.

I would argue that it isn't arrogance. I've been accused of many things, but being overly homeristic hasn't been one of them. A team would have to play perfect to come into Seattle in the playoffs and win, and there aren't teams capable of playing to that level. Unless, of course, it is the Cowboys' year.

Edited by Seahawks21

I would argue that it isn't arrogance. I've been accused of many things, but being overly homeristic hasn't been one of them. A team would have to play perfect to come into Seattle in the playoffs and win, and there aren't teams capable of playing to that level. Unless, of course, it is the Cowboys' year.

And what if next week Sherman goes down, or russell wilson? It's a long season....as an eagles fan I liked watching seattle, and didn't mind at all seeing them succeed. But the pompous attitude from the fans is turning a lot of neutral people away from them. Just my opinion. Most Seattle fans would probably say who cares what you think, but when things inevitably start crumbling don't be surprised if a lot of outsiders are there to laugh in your face.

Percy adds to the talent the team already had. But the team won't play lights out every week.

Also, I was surprised with how ordinary Aaron Rodgers looked last night. He wasn't at the top of his game. How much of that was the Seattle defense? Probably some but can't be all.

I had Rodgers ranked a lot lower than his ADP this year. I think he just isn't going to produce like in previous years.

I thought the packers (especially defense) looked worse than the hawks offense looked good.

I agree. Been hearing it here and from a personal Hawks fan (friend) of mine. He's talking about how Lynch is gonna make a lot of people regret passing on him in their drafts. I told him it was one game, and it was against the Packers who have a gaping gash in the middle of their defense. I could run on them while double fisting two beers..

I agree. Been hearing it here and from a personal Hawks fan (friend) of mine. He's talking about how Lynch is gonna make a lot of people regret passing on him in their drafts. I told him it was one game, and it was against the Packers who have a gaping gash in the middle of their defense. I could run on them while double fisting two beers..

You double fist bears?

:brew:

• Like 1

Championships are not won on paper at the start of the year. The NFL has always also stood for not for long, and with league parity and human error on officiating anything can happen. The call on Amad Brooks for roughing Brees last year was the difference in home field advantage between the Hawks and Niners. Things are really much closer than you think. Plus on any given year a running back suddenly lost a few steps, and a new star is born.