[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR Headache: PLEASE HELP

Undoubtedly the weak link in my team this season, my WR's have driven me nuts all year long. Bench Crumpler, he goes for a buck ten and 2 scores. Start him and bench Roy Williams, it's even worse (3 scores in a lone breakout game). I have to play the #1 team in the league this weekend and need your help picking WR's.

The candidates (I'm bolding the players I am leaning towards):

Hines Ward v. CHI - Don't like this matchup one bit with Big Ben hurting and a TOUGH Bear D coming after players. Ward has been a must-start, but is this the week to bench him?

Donald Driver v. DET - With Favre's decline, Driver has disappeared in the second half despite being one of the only talented receivers on the team. Can Favre find DD this week against the hapless Lions? Double points if he does as I am giving Brett one more go at QB.

Alge Crumpler v. NO - He HAS to score against the Aints, right? Probably my only MUST-START this weekend.

Roy Williams @ GB - Without Harrington, it seems like Williams gets lost. Garcia likes Vines and locks on to him. Can Roy score against the Packer D?

Sammie Parker @ DAL - Coming on late, but not the best matchup in the world. Worth a try?

Kevin Curtis @ MIN - Unless Jamie Martin magically reappears, I think Curtis is done with his midseason "season-saver"... not a plausible option.

So I guess of the last three, who would you pick?

Will try to help you if you leave a link. Thanks.

Undoubtedly the weak link in my team this season, my WR's have driven me nuts all year long. Bench Crumpler, he goes for a buck ten and 2 scores. Start him and bench Roy Williams, it's even worse (3 scores in a lone breakout game). I have to play the #1 team in the league this weekend and need your help picking WR's.

The candidates (I'm bolding the players I am leaning towards):

Hines Ward v. CHI - Don't like this matchup one bit with Big Ben hurting and a TOUGH Bear D coming after players. Ward has been a must-start, but is this the week to bench him?

Donald Driver v. DET - With Favre's decline, Driver has disappeared in the second half despite being one of the only talented receivers on the team. Can Favre find DD this week against the hapless Lions? Double points if he does as I am giving Brett one more go at QB.

Alge Crumpler v. NO - He HAS to score against the Aints, right? Probably my only MUST-START this weekend.

Roy Williams @ GB - Without Harrington, it seems like Williams gets lost. Garcia likes Vines and locks on to him. Can Roy score against the Packer D?

Sammie Parker @ DAL - Coming on late, but not the best matchup in the world. Worth a try?

Kevin Curtis @ MIN - Unless Jamie Martin magically reappears, I think Curtis is done with his midseason "season-saver"... not a plausible option.

So I guess of the last three, who would you pick?

Will try to help you if you leave a link. Thanks.

1204087[/snapback]

I think your bolded choices make sense because they are the best from which to choose. I agree with you that Chicago will be a tough match-up, but Ward is a big game player and Pittsburg must win. Anybody can score on Detroit, especially with Bly playing with that goofy cast on his arm and at Lambau. Crumpler is a crap shoot, but could be their best option, and N O is really bad.

In - Hines Ward. Yes, the week to bench him but he is your 3rd best play (70 yds and 0 TDs).

In - Driver has an above average game this week. (75 yds and 1 TD).

In - Alge Crumpler. Hard to ever play a TE over a WR, but a good play on MNFB (60 yds and 0 TDs).

===================================================

Out - Williams. Too hit or miss, but is definitely your #4 guy. Only thing really going for him is that I am playing against him this week and my luck has been worse than yours.

Out - Sammie Parker. #5, just not enough looks, could have a decent game but high risk for sure.

Out - Kevin Curtis. #6 for now, bad play, and if Martin appears, an ever worse play.