[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Alexander to be on Madden?

Bonehand

This may be just rumor at this point, but it was just mentioned on KJR 950 sports radio here in Seattle that SA is holding a press conference later today to announce that he will be on this year's Madden '07 cover. :D

Edited by Bonehand

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year of Release Madden Title Cover Athlete Potential Curse

1999-2000 Barry Sanders - a week before training camp began in 1999, Sanders abruptly retired

2000-2001 Eddie George - After regularly averaging nearly 4 yards per carry in his first five seasons, he averaged only 3 yards per carry in the 2001 season, Key fumble vs. Ravens in playoffs; team lost in Divisional Playoff after losing Super Bowl in 1999

2001-2002 Daunte Culpepper - Vikings struggled to a 4-7 record until Culpepper was shelved with a season-ending knee injury

2002-2003 Marshall Faulk - Least productive season as a Ram up to that point; team missed playoffs after losing Super Bowl in 2001

2003-2004 Michael Vick - injured during a preseason game, injury kept Vick out for 11 games.

2004-2005 Ray Lewis - Critically seen as an off year; team missed playoffs after losing Wild Card Playoff in 2003, in 2005 missed 10 games due to injury

2005-2006 Donovan McNabb Missed 7 games in 2005; team missed playoffs after losing Super Bowl in 2004

2006-2007 Shaun Alexander ????

Edited by wcd480

2006-2007 Shawn Alexander ????

1429308[/snapback]

.........changed name to Shaun. :D Seriously, that is a scary looking list. Much worse than the supposed 'SI' jinx. The Steelers were all over 'SI' last year...... :D:D

This may be just rumor at this point, but it was just mentioned on KJR 950 sports radio here in Seattle that SA is holding a press conference later today to announce that he will be on this year's Madden '07 cover.  :D

1429229[/snapback]

:D

oh god... Okay quickly, I need a plan to trade him from my keeper team if this actually does happen.

So this brings to question; what type of fair trades would be good to get for Alexander if I were to trade him away? Would Tiki for LT be a good one? :D or is that asking too much? Either way, I'm pretty sure Alexander's stock won't get much higher than it is right now in terms of trading power. It's all down hear from this point on, but if he's on the cover of Madden his slide downhill might be sooner than expected! :D

:D I already made that assumption before this Madden cover news.  Just got a big contract, been consistent for awhile now, he's a RB.  You are right, all signs point to career low point.

1429728[/snapback]

before the Madden cover decision...I had him pegged as an 'avoid' player..

I cant beleive you beleive in a curse. Thats all coincedence. I guarentee shaun with 1400+ yards and 18+ TD's. I expect a monster year from Hasselbeck though.

1430129[/snapback]

Strong words; a guarantee is no small prediction! I can only hope you are right, but I think I'd feel a little better hearing this 'guarantee' coming from Alexander... after he denies Madden the opportunity to continue the Madden Curse. :D

Meh. Alexander has been one of the steadiest high-level FF contributers over the last few years. With no major injuries or age concerns looming (at present) I'm confident that he still belongs in the top 5 overall picks this year, pretty much regardless of format.

There are always going to be doom-n-gloom predictors with guys like Alexander and Tomlinson, each and every year. And one year, they'll be right. But I'll bet anyone a half dozen donuts and a cup of coffee that this year ain't gonna be year for Alexander. Barring random injury (see, e.g., Deuce McAllister) or random off-field problems (see, e.g., Jamal Lewis, Ricky Williams), Alexander remains one of the safest early first round fantasy picks out there.

Seriously, who would you rather have, outside of Larry Johnson?

Meh.  Alexander has been one of the steadiest high-level FF contributers over the last few years.  With no major injuries or age concerns looming (at present) I'm confident that he still belongs in the top 5 overall picks this year, pretty much regardless of format. 

There are always going to be doom-n-gloom predictors with guys like Alexander and Tomlinson, each and every year.  And one year, they'll be right.  But I'll bet anyone a half dozen donuts and a cup of coffee that this year ain't gonna be year for Alexander.  Barring random injury (see, e.g., Deuce McAllister) or random off-field problems (see, e.g., Jamal Lewis, Ricky Williams), Alexander remains one of the safest early first round fantasy picks out there. 

Seriously, who would you rather have, outside of Larry Johnson?

1430313[/snapback]

I always respect your opinion. But as far as who I'd take..... LT2. With Brees gone, LT will have an elite year this year. And I will avoid Alexander at all costs. Not just because the curse though, the fact that he has been so consistent along with his new contract spells doom to me. FF is about projecting so I'll take you up on your bet. Can we do Krispy Kremes and Starbucks? Let me know, I'm in.