[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who did you "Come up" with at the huddle ?

whomper

I was thinking about it today and we all became everyday posters at our own unique time..Who were some of the people that started becoming regulars around the same time as you ? Its funny because your post count or the date you joined has little to do with it. Some people joined a while ago and only started posting as a regular in recent years..I remember when I made the switch from casual poster to everyday reject guys like Puddy, Balla, Darin , Twiley , Jumpin Johnnies, tbone65, Chargerz are a few that come to mind that started posting on a regular basis around the same time as me..Im just curious about the huddle timelines..

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My join date has been lost in the mists of time. Taking a quick look I think I got here at roughly the same time as Grits, Easy n Dirty, proninja, Voltaire, policy, wiegie, Furd, Sacrebleu, ummm, that's all I can recall.

If any of these people recall me in my noobitude, feel free to claim primacy.

EDIT: I think I was a bit ahead of Atomic showing up as well, but not by much

Edited by Chavez

I was around for the first induction into the Huddle Hall of Fame and became a member myself before it was shut down.

"First induction"? There's a Huddle Hall of Fame? I wonder why no one has mentioned it.... :D

i remember cliaz starting to post quite a bit the same time as me. we were around the same post count for some time, and then he destroyed me, now pulling away by over 1,000. god i admire him. :D

i continued to post due to the kindness and great attitudes of guys like whomp and puddy who made this place feel like more than just a message board.

i mainly started in the advice forum and still spend too much time there. i applaud hugh and grits for the advice they have given there and the time they've spent helping others. i try to do the same sharing my thoughts, since i'm a ff junkie. they were also great in thickening up my skin with some light newbie hazing (of course, hugh still continues with it to this day ... :D )

now i'm in a few of the BoTH leagues and am proud to represent the huddle in one of the interboard challenges. i'm looking forward to competing against a bunch of you guys (and especially kicking yo's tail in The Empire).

i think chuck and i also came on around the same time as well since we were both batted around for newbie of the year at the same time ...

Edited by tonorator

I don't remember exactly...

I used to lurk here plenty around 1998 and beyond...

then started posting around 2000 before the new forums were put up and then became more active when the update was made...

I have no clue who came up with me, though...

I was around for the first induction into the Huddle Hall of Fame and became a member myself before it was shut down.

I was around for the first Mystery Huddler.

And before 4038 or whatever it was there was 2012

I was also inducted into the Huddle Hall of Fame. Most from that time are gone now, or post infrequently. Kid Cid and Blitz are the only regulars I can think of who have been here that long, maybe muck? Ramhock? Maybe Skippy and aqua too, I'm not sure. I did see a post from GRIDIRON ASSASSIN just the other day in the Football forum.

Blitz, or Land Shark (I loved that name, you shoulda' stuck with that one IMHO), or whatever...we've been through this a couple times now, it was remember the 1012, not 2012. It was your own thread for cryin' out loud, you'd think you'd remember. :D

GBCM

Aqualung, Balla & Tonorator come to mind, but i lurked for a while before jumping in. I was a site member at least a couple years before but didn't join the forums till fall of 04. I assumed it was full of hugh morans and as it turns out, i was right.

:D:D

I was also inducted into the Huddle Hall of Fame. Most from that time are gone now, or post infrequently. Kid Cid and Blitz are the only regulars I can think of who have been here that long, maybe muck? Ramhock? Maybe Skippy and aqua too, I'm not sure. I did see a post from GRIDIRON ASSASSIN just the other day in the Football forum.

Blitz, or Land Shark (I loved that name, you shoulda' stuck with that one IMHO), or whatever...we've been through this a couple times now, it was remember the 1012, not 2012. It was your own thread for cryin' out loud, you'd think you'd remember. :D

GBCM

Chief Dick was from back then, wasn't he (as Martyball, then Guntherball)? Darkbust/Dr Rock has been around for awhile as well.

Bronco Billy has returned as well. Billy Balata still shows up every now and again. Brees4Life. DomerJohn aka "the original metrosexual". Ah, there's some guy, was an Eagles fan, totally blanking on his name right now....

Whomp got most of mine since we started posting around the same time.

Most of the 4983 crew, Chargerz, Balla, JJ, Piranha, Juanruiz, Twiley, VQ2, Gunther, Brewer, etc. Never really felt like an outsider except when I first started posting and Spain punked me out a little (I offered to sell him a Tennesee Titans Superbowl Bet slip that I got during preseason the one year they were good). He lowballed me and I declined and he went on some great rant on how dare me call out the great Spain in the main forum, blah, blah blah.... good times.

Edit: Oh and the two teenagers, Seminoles and Broncosn05. Both of those pimply little effers too.

Edited by Puddy

Like Tonorator said we both were NOTY so we started posting around the same time (even though he was around longer than me). Really that's all I remember and strictly because of the Huddle awards. Of course I can barely remember where I live :D

Like Tonorator said we both were NOTY so we started posting around the same time (even though he was around longer than me). Really that's all I remember and strictly because of the Huddle awards. Of course I can barely remember where I live :D

i lurked in the advice forum for some time ... :D

Like Blitz and a few others, I was a member of the Hall of Fame, circa 1997/1998. A few others who are no longer around include:

Robdor

BowieMercs

swami

Team

WaKCo

Others who were active then and still are today include Blitz, Skippy, Big Country and a small handful of others...

Don't remember a lot from then as I have a photographic memory that suffers from overexposure :D

Remember the original Hugh thread. Buffett (H1) and I laughed so hard we cried. Believe Hughmongus was a part of that trade. Remember coming to Sky's aid as he was getting lambasted by Bronco Billy :D . Remember the lovefests Bronco Billy and DKeener(AZ) used to get into. Now I think they are actually kissing cousins and all that was a sick joke :D . Remember turning DGF on to the Huddle. Also remember him passing my post count in less than a years time :D Remember thinking Chavez fashioned himself as a modern day Siskel and Ebert mixed with Joseph Coors all wrapped into one and he actually is :D . Remember fondly the Weigie Board and being half drunk on a Friday night axing half baked questions and getting fully loaded answers :D Remember the first time I talked to Spain on the phone, love the guy, but his voice reeks of Peckerwood :D The rest is a blur of fun and frivolity that only this place can bring me :D

I really don't know--I didn't post on the boards until 2000 (I had used thehuddle rankings and start/bench list the years before that but up until then I couldn't imagine what sort of losers would post on a fantasy football message board... now I know :D ).

I remember posting with Az and Steeler in arguments about the 2000 elections. (I was convinced at the time that George W. Bush wasn't fit to become president, but they thought he would work out great.) I also remember interacting a bit with Chavez, Bier, capn_grunge (then known as pearl_x_jam), McNasty, policyvote, Sacrebleu, and a number of other people; but I am not sure how long any of them had been here before me. They may have "come up" with other huddlers but just weren't blatant about calling me a newbie tool.