[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Westbrook for Torry Holt?

scuba chuck

Would you make this deal? My info is in my signature below. I'm currently 5-2 tied for 2nd best record in league. Issues are Westbrook's injury and lack of history in finishing a season and he has a bye week 9. Holt is holt, but I do have his QB on my squad already.

This is not a PPR league, but is a performance scoring league. Keep in mind that we do start 3 RBs, and I have Lundy on the bench and crappy chambers in my starting lineup (except bye issue this week).

Edited by scuba chuck

BTW, thanks for the input regarding my Jordan/Lundy dilemna!

I would not make this trade, based primarily on the fact that you need to start 3 RB's. Trading Westbrook leaves you with only 3 RB's, with Lundy being the 3rd. As we both know, Lundy is an unknown quantity, but has the potential to come through. And I'm sure that the WW is thin, at best at RB.

On the other hand, you are thin at WR and Holt is a stud.

So I guess the question you need to ask yourself: Is the risk of having only 3 RB's worth the reward of having a stronger receiving corp? Receivers are streaky, even Holt.

Don't do it.

I certainly see why you would like to get another reciever, but I would go a different route. Even with the constant aggrevation of wondering when westbrook is going to get shut down, I dont think you can afford to give him up since you have to start 3 RBs. I would not do it.

Bumpsky...

My starting offense for helpers...

Marc Bulger (backup Matt Leinart)

L Johnson, B Westbrook, C Taylor, (backup Wali Lundy)

A Johnson, C Chambers, (backup T Williamson)

It looks like you would knock Chambers out of your lineup for Lundy. Kinda scary having Lundy in the lineup every week since he can disapear like ever other Texas runningback.

I do like Lundy though, but having to start him every week regardless of matchup seems risky.

So I guess the question you need to ask yourself: Is the risk of having only 3 RB's worth the reward of having a stronger receiving corp? Receivers are streaky, even Holt.

I'm not sure if we are discussing the full potential of Westbrook's current injury and past history of injury, and lack of playing a full season. In my league, if we only count the games that Westbrook has played, he's averaging 20.75 pts/week. But because of the one game time decision where he sat (thus got a goose egg), he's actually 17.75 pts/week. OTOH, Torry's averaging 16.25 pts/week. His production is reasonably consistent in that his worst week is just 8 pts (consistent with Westbrook's worst week).

Add to the mix that I have Marc Bulger for my starting QB.

It looks like you would knock Chambers out of your lineup for Lundy. Kinda scary having Lundy in the lineup every week since he can disapear like ever other Texas runningback.

I do like Lundy though, but having to start him every week regardless of matchup seems risky.

Perhaps another way of looking at this is:

Westbrook + Chambers > or = or < Holt + Lundy (or insert some other waiver wire pickup).

IMO you are really rolling the dice with this trade. I would not want to go into the week with Lundi as an RB I have to start. The WR can be a little more unpredictable and I would rather have some RB with consistancy. What are his other WR? Any chance to give up Lundi for an WR that is better than Chambers without having to part with westbrook?

Stick with Westy in your position. True, he's injury prone and COULD break down this year, but when he plays he's a stud. I'd be hard pressed to value a stud WR over a stud RB any day, even if it is Holt. Case in point on some of these other posts, WRs are streaky and at least with Westy he's a huge part of the PHI offense in both rushing and receiving, so I'd take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday :D

No, dont give up westbrook for any one player.

This is my assessment in general as well. But what will I do with two mediocre players? Nothing. I have mediocre players. The trade essentially comes down to trading an injured guy for a non-injured guy.

It seems like u want to make this trade and are looking for people to back u up on that. If its what u want , do it , but I would ask him for another rb back in the deal, not some one great just someone better than Lundy.

Yep. If you can wait a week and see how Lundy does then do that.

Why not throw in Lundy (heck I traded him for Housh before the regular season began :D ) and see if you can find a nice RB somehwere between Westbrook and Lundy. Who else does he have at RB?

Yep. If you can wait a week and see how Lundy does then do that.

Why not throw in Lundy (heck I traded him for Housh before the regular season began :D ) and see if you can find a nice RB somehwere between Westbrook and Lundy. Who else does he have at RB?

His Roster:

Kitna, Pennington

Gore, James, Edge, Barlow, Harrison, L White

Holt, R Wayne, Fitzgerald, Chris Henry, Eric Parker

Keith Brooking, Daryl Smith, Derek M Smith,

Schweigert

Also note, that I am currently considering a trade of Donnie Edwards and Shelton Quarles for Fitzgerald. (same team)

Edited by scuba chuck