[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give Chad Johnson & Jamal Lewis for Warrick Dunn

Deacon Frost

See my roster. I'm good at starting RB but I've got a bye week with Westy coming in week 9 and only Jamal Lewis available that week to fill the starting spot averaging 6.5 points per game plus the fact that Westy or LJ could get hurt and I need something more reliable than Lewis, Barlow, or Buckhalter.

I've got 5 playable wideouts. I traded Ahman Green a few weeks ago for Andre Johnson (12.5 ppg) and he's my undisputed #1 guy....not thinking about trading him.

...but the other 4? Chad's at 6.5 ppg himself but we're still waiting for the explosion. With Berrian (10.5 ppg), Javon Walker (surprising 10.5 ppg), and Hines Ward (10.7 ppg now after the Falcon game explosion), I think I can part with at least one of these guys to get Warrick Dunn (11.5 ppg) who's a good back anyway and who's got a week 9 matchup @ Detroit. Ward looks like a heck of a good matchup this weekend even with Batch starting at QB...maybe especially with Batch at QB.

He's also got Ronnie Brown (12.3 ppg) who he's continually ticked at since he drafted him at the end of the 1st round but Ronnie's at Chicago in week 9...great #3 back but definitely NOT what I need in that one week. He's also got Fred Taylor (10.5 ppg) who's got a week 9 date with the Titans...not too bad.

BTW, I'm 5-2 and he's 2-5 and feeling like he's almost out of it. He doesn't really think I'll part with Chad but I'm feeling pretty good about it. What would you be willing to offer if you were me?

Edited by Deacon Frost

Your running back depth is so weak, and your wide receiver depth is so strong that I can't see how this isn't a no-brainer for you (seeking a transaction that is). If you can trade any receiver 'cept Andre for Dunn straight up, that's a coup for you. I would think a craftier opponent would realize you're gaining more value out of that (even if the averages were the same, your records dictate the value you're gaining over your opponent) and will often pressure to extract more value out of the trade. I'd certainly be willing to part with Jamal Lewis along with a 2nd receiver given your circumstances.

Btw, Chad Johnson is likely on a short rope right now for expectation for fantasy production. We are likely nearing the end of his true value. Besides, all your backup WR's are very serviceable, and can likely produce at least what Chad's been producing ytd, and provide you with a road to the playoffs.

Please respond: Trade Westbrook for Torry Holt?

Edited by scuba chuck

Don't give up on Chad just yet.. the Bengals are getting it going. When Chris Henry retuns in a couple weeks they will have a Colts-like WR corp. Chad, TJ, Henry, Washington... they can't all be covered... and right now TJ may get more attention than Chad.

You WANT CHAD for your playoff run... and he WILL deliver.

I look at your RB and how could you be any better than LJ and Westbrook?

You lose Chad J and who do you start in his place that from now until the end stands to get you more points? It would have to be Hines and recent success doesn't mean future success when you look at his slow start.

See mine