[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Ticket

skylive5

Anyone 'sides me notice that this next year for the NFL Ticket on DirecTV is $224.00?

I can remember when it cost me $99.00. *sigh*

I've never had it because I have cable, but over 17 weeks that's only $13.18 / week. I'm sure I spend about that on average when I go to the bar to watch a game on a Sunday. (Would be more if I drank heavily like most Vikings fans should) Seems like a bargain to me.

I've never had it because I have cable, but over 17 weeks that's only $13.18 / week. I'm sure I spend about that on average when I go to the bar to watch a game on a Sunday. (Would be more if I drank heavily like most Vikings fans should) Seems like a bargain to me.

Oh I will be getting it... no problem there. Run around in my jammies, smoke, drink, no line or waiting to use the head, have my own veggie tray, Huddle on the computer next to me.... you just can't beat that during the football season. Just think that the rate they are going up each year I may have to mortgage the house to get it in the furture.

Oh I will be getting it... no problem there. Run around in my jammies, smoke, drink, no line or waiting to use the head, have my own veggie tray, Huddle on the computer next to me.... you just can't beat that during the football season. Just think that the rate they are going up each year I may have to mortgage the house to get it in the furture.

Hey, that's the same setup I've got! :D

I don't remember it being $100, but I do remember it working out to something less than $10 a game and thinking that was a pretty sweet deal compared to dragging my ass to the sports bar and blowing $20-30 on beer and eats, and the privlege of comming home smelling like an ashtray.

Usually if you call them and tell them that you are a lont time Ticket subscriber, but are contemplating canceling they will give you some sort of credit to offdet the difference. At least they have done it for me the past few years. Only catch is the first cust service rep wont give a rip, but if you talkto the customer retention (sp) dept, they will make things right for you.

Anyone 'sides me notice that this next year for the NFL Ticket on DirecTV is $224.00?

I can remember when it cost me $99.00. *sigh*

Seems like they go up 20 bucks every year. But if I recall correctly, last year was $209 so you're getting a $5 discount this year. :D

NFL Sunday ticket is a hugh rip off now. With more games being placed on Thursday nights and Saturday nights you are losing games but the price is going up.

I cancelled mine.

I concur. They've dipped into taking 8 games from us and still have the balls for a rate increase.

It's every year. And YES I do remember the old $99 days back in the 90's.

Still, I can't just watch what someone thinks I should watch piped into my zone. While my poor friends and neighbors are watching some lame ass Miama/Houston game, I get to watch the game(s) I want to watch. THAT is the main appeal.

I justify the cost by coming out only say $15.00 a week as opposed to the price of a real ticket and parking and food and drinks. A much better value the ticket is.

Edited by jkc217

Still, I can't just watch what someone thinks I should watch piped into my zone. While my poor friends and neighbors are watching some lame ass Miama/Houston game, I get to watch the game(s) I want to watch. THAT is the main appeal.

There it is in a nut shell. Up here in the NW I would never get to see the Redskins if I didn't have the ticket. Heck, half the time we get only two games on network TV on a Sunday...other times we might get three..maybe. With the ticket no one dictates which crappy game of the week I have to watch. I can pick my own crappy game. LOL

Not only that....but ESPN and NFL Network both suck big time. So I seldom watch either on Thursday, Saturday, or Monday. If I watch at all it is with the sound off.

As far as the price.... well... I am not happy they keep going up every year but 224 to watch all the Redskin games is well worth the price. At least to me it is.

As far as the price.... well... I am not happy they keep going up every year but 224 to watch all the Redskin games is well worth the price. At least to me it is.

They should pay you $224 to watch the Redskins.

I moved to HD and my dish could not get a beed on the satalite. No more HDTV

I was getting pissed thought with the price - especially when you add the HD cost... but that is a good way to break it down... I would happily spend $13 a week for my phins. Dang it. I was almost content with losing it and saving money.

My biggest complaint is not so much the cost of the base package but the fact that if I want the games in HD I've got to fork out another $100 on top of that. I wish they would just merge the HD games into the regular package. I can live without all the other stuff they give you in the Superfan package.

I would pay it for only the ability to skip the commercials, getting to watch whichever game I want whenever I want is just icing on the cake.

$224 is a lot, but for the season it's still worth it.

+1

As long as I have the money, I will get direct ticket (and I still go to the bar to watch the Eagles play).

There it is in a nut shell. Up here in the NW I would never get to see the Redskins if I didn't have the ticket. Heck, half the time we get only two games on network TV on a Sunday...other times we might get three..maybe. With the ticket no one dictates which crappy game of the week I have to watch. I can pick my own crappy game. LOL

Not only that....but ESPN and NFL Network both suck big time. So I seldom watch either on Thursday, Saturday, or Monday. If I watch at all it is with the sound off.

You should move over here. There is a house right down the street from me for sale. I've seen the steaks you all grill for draft day...hence you should move near me.

They should pay you $224 to watch the Redskins.

:D

I guess I'm one of those now rare breeds where the hometown I live in is the same town as the team I root for. therefore I can't justify $224 for 8 less games for the NFL package.

You should move over here. There is a house right down the street from me for sale. I've seen the steaks you all grill for draft day...hence you should move near me.

:D

I guess I'm one of those now rare breeds where the hometown I live in is the same town as the team I root for. therefore I can't justify $224 for 8 less games for the NFL package.

You won't be able to watch your Skins when you move to North Carolina.... This is Panthers country now!! :D:tup: Don't forget to add the cost of the NFL Ticket into your moving analysis! :doh::D

I got it to watch the skins' too. And like I said when I first got the ticket about 10 years ago, I'd pay $1000 for it just don't tell that to Directv. There is nothing better. I can watch every one of my favorite team's games and for fantasy football it is amazing. Not to mention almost every game this year in HD now that CBS has gone from 3 to 6 games each week. If I had to watch what was on cable knowing there was a way to be able to watch the game I wanted, I wouldn't be able to take it.

NFL Sunday ticket is a hugh rip off now. With more games being placed on Thursday nights and Saturday nights you are losing games but the price is going up.

I cancelled mine.

I cancelled mine as well.

You won't be able to watch your Skins when you move to North Carolina.... This is Panthers country now!! :D:D Don't forget to add the cost of the NFL Ticket into your moving analysis! :tup::doh:

Its still skins country. But even then I wont spring for it. The NFL is going way overboard on the costs of all of this. Its my way of flinging poo in their face.

Though i'm sure 9,000 people signed up for NFL direct ticket the day I cancelled mine so it doesn't really matter to them.....but still...VIVA LA CLIAZ!