[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iPhone Drafting App

DieHard

Two buddies and I created an iPhone app to replace paper cheatsheets. It is called Studs & Duds Fantasy Football Draft Kit. We have overall player rankings, positional rankings, bye week warnings, view of players drafted, and a wish list parking lot for players you might want to draft. It keeps track of your team and players taken by others.

We just released the first version but are looking for feedback on the type of items you would want to see in an app that you can't get on paper. We want to include these items in the next release but sometimes your get blinded by your own work.

What is information is important to you when drafting?

Pricing is tricky. Magazines sell for $6.99, $7.99 and even $8.99. A $1.99 for a reusable electronic cheatsheet that can hold multiple drafts and provides a parking lot to keep track of your favorite players has value for the price.

Also we will provide updates through the preseason to keep player status current. I would like more feedback to make it more usable for both the casual fan as well as the die hard fantasy football fan. It can also be used on an iTouch.

I just bought it - I will check it out later. My only concern is how do you come up with the player rankngs? I trust the huddle's rankings because they have a proven track record. I am not bashing your APP (Its a great idea) I just want to know how you came up with your rankings.

Thanks

ok - I checked out the App - Here are my thoughts:

-Need info on rankings - I put in my leage scoring and Drew Brees is ranked @ 2 overall? Randy Moss is ranked #22 in a PPR league?

It would be cool if you could click on the players and get a blurb about what your thoughts are for the player for the upcomiing year.

Need a legend to understand some of the symbols next to the players. $ for Carson Palmer? What does that mean. I think zzz means sleeper?

I thought it would keep track of what evey team in your leage drafted? I didn't try it, but it did not ask me for other team names or a draft order.

I think it has promise. I think this kind of APP is going to explode in the next couple of years. DMD - Are you listening. lol

ok - I checked out the App - Here are my thoughts:

-Need info on rankings - I put in my leage scoring and Drew Brees is ranked @ 2 overall? Randy Moss is ranked #22 in a PPR league?

It would be cool if you could click on the players and get a blurb about what your thoughts are for the player for the upcomiing year.

Need a legend to understand some of the symbols next to the players. $ for Carson Palmer? What does that mean. I think zzz means sleeper?

I thought it would keep track of what evey team in your leage drafted? I didn't try it, but it did not ask me for other team names or a draft order.

I think it has promise. I think this kind of APP is going to explode in the next couple of years. DMD - Are you listening. lol

Thanks for the feedback. Rankings are based on last years stats and then an avg of three different sites rankings. I would need to understand your league scoring for QBs. With Passing TDs worth 5-6 pts and an avg of 38-40 TDs for players like Brees, Manning, or Brady the fantasy scoring will rank them high. The points work based the league scoring plus the estimated stats. Moss came out low because I did not have him catching more than 80 balls and about 1200 yards. A lot will depend on Brady's health.

A legend does exist in the settings tab on the top right represented by the i button. Looks like I need to make this stand out more.

I have debated about keeping track of every player for every team. It is doable but in mock drafts i ran using the iPhone most people told me they did not care about the other teams just who was taken.

I really appreciate the feedback. I look to continue to provide a useful tool to fantasy users.

I have debated about keeping track of every player for every team. It is doable but in mock drafts i ran using the iPhone most people told me they did not care about the other teams just who was taken.

To a generic person, they don;t care about the other teams. They;ll just grab their guy and go.

To the more diehard/prepared FFer, looking at other teams and their gaps is a key piece in determining/planning who to take with the current pick and perhaps a future pick, so being able to look at the other teams at a glance is a very useful tool.

To a generic person, they don;t care about the other teams. They;ll just grab their guy and go.

To the more diehard/prepared FFer, looking at other teams and their gaps is a key piece in determining/planning who to take with the current pick and perhaps a future pick, so being able to look at the other teams at a glance is a very useful tool.

This was my thought exactly.

Is there an option to implement your leagues scoring rules then get a ranking based on those numbers? You say passing TD's are worth 5-6 points, but the majority of standard scoring leagues give QB's only 4 pts.

And is TheHuddle part of the 3 sites you use to determine rankings? And please don't tell me you use Fanball.

Is there an option to implement your leagues scoring rules then get a ranking based on those numbers? You say passing TD's are worth 5-6 points, but the majority of standard scoring leagues give QB's only 4 pts.

And is TheHuddle part of the 3 sites you use to determine rankings? And please don't tell me you use Fanball.

You plug in your league scoring. So you can put in points for yds, tds, PPR and it will rank based on those numbers. I used NFL.com, CBS Sportsline, and a software I subscribe with to get the avg. I did not use Fanball.

I did not use TheHuddle rankings as I did not ask permission from them to use the numbers.

Not yet. Working on a version for the G1 and Blackberry. Hope to have the Blackberry version by mid august.

AWSOME!! Plz hurry before the season starts lol. The G1 is a open source so isn't it easier since its based on Linux OS??

I bought it...looks good so far.

1. I agree that other teams drafts should be on there.

2. When a player is drafted they darken, pretty good, an option for them to disappear would be nice, Users choice.

3. I really like to know a players, measurables, age, wt, years in NFL, maybe stats. Access this with a side swipe on their name. Or double tap.\

4. This is out there, but if there was a way to send a text automatically when a player was selected.

I realize the wish list feature but if we could drag and drop to tweak our own ratings of players like you can on the wish list.

Very readable and very fast. Pluses so far...looks pretty functional. As a commissioner I would need all drafting teams for sure. Then email results to a given list

yo dude the app is good except for one major problem. when you input your league stats like ppr and 6 pts for touchdowns it never saves it. you click on the "save" button which it saves it for maybe a couple minutes and then it goes back to the default scoring. never saves the settings.

An update will be on the app store soon. It will correct the settings save and also update player data like Mason retiring.

I appreciate the feedback. This group has been very helpful in providing ideas for updates and future versions.

Good luck to all in the 09 season

An update will be on the app store soon. It will correct the settings save and also update player data like Mason retiring.

I appreciate the feedback. This group has been very helpful in providing ideas for updates and future versions.

Good luck to all in the 09 season

I bought the app last week-end, so will this update automatically download to my iphone app?

I bought the app last week-end, so will this update automatically download to my iphone app?

Yes you will get an automated updated when Apple releases it. We will continue to update player changes through out the preseason. These will come via auto updates.