[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2009 Projections

rhino

Finally, it's here! Hope you enjoy it.

EDIT TO ADD: GO HERE TO FIND THE 3RD RELEASE OF THE SPREADSHEET (08/24/09)

There are 3 different Excel versions of the same spreadsheet in each folder:

a. v2002 -- This is the version you want to open, if at all possible. This workbook was created using MS Excel 2002. It's best to use this version.

b. v1997 -- If v2002 cannot open for you, then try this one. It's larger and more clugey.

c. v1995 (5.0) -- If you can't get the above to work, then this is your last resort. Some of the v2002 features are lost in this version (such as conditional formatting, etc).

These are .zip files, due to their original size. Must have winzip (or other like program) to unzip them and get the .xls file out of it.

Important Notes about the workbook

There are macros in this workbook. You should be prompted to <Enable Macros> when you open it.

The Automatic Calculation feature has been turned off, due to the number of formulas inside this spreadsheet. You do NOT want it to be automatically recalculating every time you change a number. To recalculate the formulas, hit <F9>.

Sorting must be done by the user, after the user's latest numbers have been entered and the recalculation has been performed. Buttons and macros have been provided to do that.

The huddle's PREMIUM projections are included in this spreadsheet. It's highly encouraged you keep this tool to its intended audience -- Huddlers.

Also included in this spreadsheet are free projections from FFToday, Fantasy Sharks, Football Guys (Dodd), Fantasy Sports Central, and CBS Sports.

Yes, updates will be made to the spreadsheet, as time allows. A new post will be created here to indicate as such.

Outstanding items

a. Profile entries for the WRs have not been entered. NFL.com seems to have a bug when you try to list the players by position > WR.

b. Past Stats are not entirely correct, as there were some bad numbers I received from the source. The source has it fixed, but I have not updated the spreadsheet with these fixed numbers yet.

c. Finding more FREE projections online. Feel free to provide any websites that have FREE projections, and I'll do my best to get them included in the next release of the spreadsheet.

How to use

a. Play with it.

b. First thing -- enter your league's scoring rules. See tab: SCORING

c. Second thing -- enter the WEIGHT you prefer to assign to each website. Leaving them all as "1" will provide a true average of all the projections cocollected. However, let's say you trust the Huddle projections more, and the Fantasy Sharks less, then up the Huddle to "10" (as an example), and then the Fantasy Sharks weight down to ".0001" (for example). NEVER set a weight to "0", as it can cause "divide by zero" errors. See tabs: QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, DEF.

d. Third thing (optional) -- enter your own projections, and weight it. See tabs: QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, DEF.

e. Fourth thing (optional) -- enter any "scoring anomalies" you expect that are not covered here. Example: Your league gives a bonus for a 300 yd passing day to QBs, and 100 yd rushing/receiving for others. These are not highly projected stats, so I don't account for them. However, you can make adjustments to a player's fantasy point output by entering something in the "Annual Points Adj". See tabs: QB Rank, RB Rank, WR Rank, TE Rank, PK Rank, DEF Rank.

f. Fifth thing -- Hit <F9> to recalculate.

g. On each <Rank> Tab, sort by "YR PTS".

That should be enough to get you started.

I'm sure there will be some questions, some issues, and some suggestions. All are welcome. Post them here.

Hint: My PM box is full. Do not attempt to use it.

Edited by rhino

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhino arrives for his annual thread.

Seriously, other than the "wtd avg projections" stuff, how much do you post?

While I don't use the tool (b/c I'm in only one league, and its semi-dynasty in nature), I just love it that you keep showing up doing this for everyone ever year.

Rhino hangs elsewhere now. Despite that, he's a damned fine guy and has always graced us with his effort.

While I don't use the am a tool (b/c I'm in only one league, and its semi-dynasty in nature), I just love it that you keep showing up doing this for everyone ever year.

:wacko:

:D

All, thanks for the kind words. Feel free to post any issues or suggestions you may have with this.

Fair question, muck. My posting days on the forums have dwindled quite a bit, mainly due to my job responsibilities and family responsibilities. If my posting must suffer, it will suffer here first, before suffering in my league forums (which has already suffered some there too).

One more thing... The PRICE for using this Wtd Avg Projections tool -- you must put up with my WDIS questions throughout the year. ;-)

Enjoy!

While I don't use the tool (b/c I'm in only one league, and its semi-dynasty in nature), I just love it that you keep showing up doing this for everyone ever year.

I can't tell if you're seriously thanking him for this despite - gasp - not posting a lot here or just being a douchebag. :wacko: ie why do you care how much he posts?

Not sure how much I'll use this thing but it is a really nice compilation of stats and all.

I wish you'd posted this before I'd fried $6 on an FF mag (mostly as a handy stat ref). :D:D

Edited by BeeR