[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Games Missed(Injury) Data: Starting RBs and WRs

keggerz

OK so with all the talk of WR/WR and risk surrounding RBs like Westy, Reggie Bush etc along with all the other draft stuff I thought it would be interesting to take a look at the top 24 RBs & 36 WRs for the past 3 years....reason I went with 24/36 is that many leagues start 2RBs/3WRs

Also since it isn't very easy to research who missed a game due to injury, suspension etc I just utilized games missed by looking at games played(yes I counted Steve Smith's 2 missed games due to suspension in this research)...I think it is safe to assume that the % games missed due to injury is an extremely high %

Here is what I found:

Remember these are 3 yr averages

RUNNING BACKS:

Top 24: 45 of 72 (63%) of all top 24 RBs over the last 3 yrs missed at least ONE game

Top 12: 18 of 36 (50%) have missed MULTIPLE games

Top 24: 35 of 72 (49%) have missed MULTIPLE games

Top 12: miss on average 2.7 games/year

Top 24: miss on avearge 2.8 games/year

WIDE RECEIVERS:

Top 36: 49 of 108 (45%) of all top 36 WRs over the last 3 yrs missed at least ONE game

Top 12: 13 of 36 (36%) have missed MULTIPLE games

Top 24: 23 of 72 (32%) have missed MULTIPLE games

Top 36: 34 of 108 (31%) have missed MULTIPLE games

Top 12: miss on average 1.6 games/year

Top 24: miss on average 1.5 games/year

Top 36: miss on average 1.6 games/year

FWIW:

SJax avg games missed the past 3 years: 2.7 (top 12 RB ADP 3 of the last 3 yrs and missed just .1 games more then the other top 12 RBs)

Westy avg games missed the past 3 years: 1.3 (top 12 RB ADP 2 of the last 3 yrs and misses 1.4 games less then other top 12 RBs)

RBush avg games missed the past 3 years: 3.3 (top 12 RB ADP 1 of the last 3 yrs and misses just .6 games more then other top 12 RBs)

:wacko:

Edited by keggerz

So if i'm reading this correct ?

2 of the most talked about RB's that are injury prone SJax & Westy

Actually have 2 of the best track records for staying on the field ?

kinda but not really....it shows that SJax who has the "injury prone" label only misses on average .1 more games then what the average for missed games by top 12 ADP RBs miss....now westy on the other hand misses about HALF the time of the average of the top 12 ADP RBs.....and it shows that basically you have a 50-50 shot at drafting a top 12 RB that misses time

and before someone says "well SJax is the reason the number is so high" let me counter with....if you remove the games SJax missed in the 2 years he missed games it only changes the overall games missed from 2.6 to 2.7