[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WTS: Flex position

mk53220

I actually like Flacco and Avery. Denver's D may be bad, but Benson will have to prove his worth before I'd start him. The Ravens run a lot, but there will also be a lot of dump passes to Rice, who may may be able to some plays. Avery is the primary target in STL, and should be able to get you some pts.

Who do I start at my Flex position:

M Hasselbeck vs STL

J Flacco vs KC

D Avery @ SEA

C Benson vs DEN

J Shockey vs DET

It is a PPR league, other than that it is basic scoring. Will answer yours. Thanks

Being able to start a QB at FLEX, makes me question the scoring system.

Usually QBs score more total points per week on average than other positions in a basic scoring system.

Meaning the #12 QB usually scores as much as the #5 RB.

But because in most league you can only start 1 QB its all about relative points.

Unless you guys tweaked the QB scoring where QBs get 1 point per 50 yards passing or something like that. How could you not start a QB in your flex spot?

Every week you should have Hasselsuck or Flaggo in this flex spot. Don't bother looking at the matchups of your WR RB or TEs. QB. QB. QB. Let other teams stick in the #30 RB while you clean up by starting the #15 QB. From a relative points perspective you almost always win that Flex position if you have a QB there.

Even if you dont take my very helpful and astute advise, Hasselbeck is still the best option out of your choices.

Edited by RuffBuff

Benson should run ALL over that Denver D...EASILY

good luck

I would disagree. Denver didn't make a whole lot of moves in the off season but one major one. Mike Nolan is now the Defensive coord and the preseason (I know, preaseaon), Denver was able to shut the run down nicely.

I'm not saying that is a reason to not run Benson, just don't put today's Denver D in the same league as last years Denver D.

Being able to start a QB at FLEX, makes me question the scoring system.

Usually QBs score more total points per week on average than other positions in a basic scoring system.

Meaning the #12 QB usually scores as much as the #5 RB.

But because in most league you can only start 1 QB its all about relative points.

Unless you guys tweaked the QB scoring where QBs get 1 point per 50 yards passing or something like that. How could you not start a QB in your flex spot?

Every week you should have Hasselsuck or Flaggo in this flex spot. Don't bother looking at the matchups of your WR RB or TEs. QB. QB. QB. Let other teams stick in the #30 RB while you clean up by starting the #15 QB. From a relative points perspective you almost always win that Flex position if you have a QB there.

Even if you dont take my very helpful and astute advise, Hasselbeck is still the best option out of your choices.

+1 on everything that ruff said above...if your scoring is indeed "standard" then it's going to be tough not to start a QB at every opportunity...I give Hass the nod over Flacco in that situation