[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings release Bobby Wade

SeductiveNun

Saw it on Sportsline. He was their leading receiver the last 2 years and just reworked his contract to stay with the team. To replace him, they signed Greg Lewis. :D

Maybe it's me, but I see that as a downgrade.

yes it is! But greg is one of chilly's pets from the past. Thats why he'll go down as the greatest coach in Minnesota history! :wacko:

Additional tidbits from Sportsline

WR Bobby Wade led the Vikings in catches the last two years, but he stirred the pot a bit too much when relaying alleged words from Bears LB Brian Urlacher on QB Jay Cutler in late July. Coach Brad Childress is not a big fan of players who draw lots of attention to themselves.

:wacko: You've gotta be kidding me.

Another reason for WR Bobby Wade's release: Coach Brad Childress is very familiar with WR Greg Lewis from their days together in Philadelphia and with WR Bernard Berrian nursing an injured hamstring, Lewis can bring additional speed to the outside.

What, because Harvin has the speed of a 3-toed sloth and couldn't replace Berrian on the occasional fly route of this Kick Ass Offense?

In response to Seductive's post - I don't know how to quote in his quote about attention to themselves.

Yea Favre hates attention?????

I bolded the part of the quote I thought was ridiculous, it wasn't an editorial comment that I included in the sportsline quote. I thought it was pretty ironic if that was the reason they released Wade. I think that's where you were going with that.

I bolded the part of the quote I thought was ridiculous, it wasn't an editorial comment that I included in the sportsline quote. I thought it was pretty ironic if that was the reason they released Wade. I think that's where you were going with that.

Position wise, I guess it may make sense if Harvin is taking over the slot and Lewis can fill in on the outside with Berrian dinged.

Additional tidbits from Sportsline
WR Bobby Wade led the Vikings in catches the last two years, but he stirred the pot a bit too much when relaying alleged words from Bears LB Brian Urlacher on QB Jay Cutler in late July. Coach Brad Childress is not a big fan of players who draw lots of attention to themselves.

:wacko:You've gotta be kidding me.

+1

That's gotta be what I love most about Chilly...he's such a consistent man of his word. Not many coaches have the integrity to pass on Cutler because he has "character issues" but then draft Percy"throw me the damn bong" Harvin, Phil "gimme the keys...I am ok to drive" Loadholt, and Jamarca "let me steal that car stereo and get arrested" Sanford and openly pursue Brett "I'm done. Maybe I'm not. No, I am finished. Come to think of it, maybe I wanna play some more" Favre and then cut the team's leading receiver over the last two years 3 days before the first game because he made a silly comment on a radio show.

That's just the recent stuff in a long line of solid moves he's made that show's he is indeed the boss and no one will undermine his authority... :D

Saw it on Sportsline. He was their leading receiver the last 2 years and just reworked his contract to stay with the team. To replace him, they signed Greg Lewis. :wacko:

Maybe it's me, but I see that as a downgrade.

I don't want anymore Eagles on the team. Chilly can move to Philadelphia if he so desires.

I don't want anymore Eagles on the team. Chilly can move to Philadelphia if he so desires.

Wade was on the way out anyways with the addition of Harvin and the improvment from Jaymar Johnson and Darius Reynaud. Until Berrian gets healthy again, I would rather see somebody other than Wade on the outside.