[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cargo carrier -- rooftop or pull-behind

muck

I'm looking for a way to carry stuff when we take trips.

Anyone have experience with those 4X6 pull-behind trailers vs. those 18" (ish) high aerodynamic boxes for the luggage rack?

I'll need to get one or the other before heading out of town for Thanksgiving...

Pulling a trailer takes a bit of time to get used to, definitely adds a different dynamic to your driving.

I've used both in moves and on vacationing and I prefer the rooftopper when I can get away with it (size constraints drive me to trailer occasionally)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PEQMNA/ref=as...ASIN=B000PEQMNA

This is the one that I use, very handy, I don't usually notice a significant difference driving with it on the SUV unless it's a very windy day, and it folds down nicely to take up very little space in the garage when not using it.

WD

depends on yer personality.....i pull a tool trailor all the time and am constantly watchin the f'er in the mirror.....plus if the weather gets chitty ya gotta deal with that.....a friend that travels all the time has one of those luggage deals on top and swears by it...trailor =plates/insurance/place ta store it :wacko:

Good points all.

We'd store it in the barn.

I'm used to pulling trailers (but it is one more safety thing to fiddle around with regarding the tires, etc).

Any idea which one is a bigger drag on fuel efficiency?