[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Have QB Problems

With Bulger being out this weekend, I'm having a difficult time deciding who to start at QB this week. Like many leagues this is the first round of our playoffs. I'm in a standard performance league with poinst for completions. Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Below are my options...

Vick vs OAK --> I'm thinking Vick will be a lock for at least a decent outing against an average defense under the dome. His turnovers could kill me though.

Chandler vs CAR --> Chandler was only mediocre against a BAD Niners defense in relief last week. The Panthers defense is playing as good as it has all year. However, with a week of first team reps he could have a decent outing with that great set of receivers.

Griese @ SD --> The Chargers have been very good against the run so I see the Bucs passing a lot. This should be a close game which result result in a good day for Griese. Also, I will be starting Clayton which could give me a nice double dip. I consider this my safest play.

Waiver Wire possiblities...

- Carr

- Rattay

- Boller

- McCown (ARZ)

Griese has been consistent for a while and I agree that he is your safest play.

If you need a big game I think Vick is worth the risk.

Chandler will throw alot but like you said - Panthers are playing better and it seems that backup do well when they are thrown in the middle of a game but not so well when the defense has time to game plan for them. Too risky for me with in the playoffs.

Griese has been consistent for a while and I agree that he is your safest play.

If you need a big game I think Vick is worth the risk. 

Chandler will throw alot but like you said - Panthers are playing better and it seems that backup do well when they are thrown in the middle of a game but not so well when the defense has time to game plan for them.  Too risky for me with in the playoffs.

599189[/snapback]

I'm the first seed playing the 8th. I outscored this team last week by ten points even with Bulger going down. I pretty much just need an average/solid week from my QB.

I would start Vick.  He gives you the greatest chance of scoring points, especially against OAK def.

599563[/snapback]

And there's not much downside, he gets enough points with his feet that at worst you get 10 points from him. Let's just hope he buckles his chin strap a little tighter than last week.

P.S. (Bender - you responded to my vinny vs jake post. FYI vick is my #1 QB this week, vinny and jake are only up for my #2 spot)

And there's not much downside, he gets enough points with his feet that at worst you get 10 points from him. Let's just hope he buckles his chin strap a little tighter than last week.

P.S. (Bender - you responded to my vinny vs jake post. FYI  vick is my #1 QB this week, vinny and jake are only up for my #2 spot)

599849[/snapback]

It sounds like you need consistency. I would use Greise or Carr. Greise has been steady and Carr will be playing catch up.

I think Griese is a safe play. Vick could easily get you 80yds passing. You mentioned turnovers being a concern do you get minus points?

I think Carr is a good play. Yes he stunk it up against Indy earlier but the kid is a fiery guy and should rebound to prove himself. Also Houston isn't going to want to be the team that is on every sportscast giving up Peyton's 48 or 49 touchdown. For the rest of their lives.

If you want to play it safe, go with Griese. He has been pretty consistent.

If you are looking for a play that has some upside, but the potential for a big letdown, then play Vick.

Ben