[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

just curious ... who else benched volek?

montster

last week at the last minute i started volek in place of brian griese and thought i'd regret it after seeing griese's 392 yards and 3 tds. i almost did that again this week but decided to keep griese in against the saints. i chose ... poorly. now i need dillon to have that 290-yard game he had a few years ago. (my only consolation is that last week, as the eighth seed, i beat the undefeated top seed in the first round, so i guess everything else is gravy ... but i really wanted that gravy.)

just wondering who else lost because of benching volek. (not to mention the added insult of my opponent's having drew bennett.)

last week at the last minute i started volek in place of brian griese and thought i'd regret it after seeing griese's 392 yards and 3 tds. i almost did that again this week but decided to keep griese in against the saints. i chose ... poorly. now i need dillon to have that 290-yard game he had a few years ago. (my only consolation is that last week, as the eighth seed, i beat the undefeated top seed in the first round, so i guess everything else is gravy ... but i really wanted that gravy.)

just wondering who else lost because of benching volek. (not to mention the added insult of my opponent's having drew bennett.)

623248[/snapback]

sorry...started him in 2 leagues. I am now the founder of the "Voleks' Vultures" Fan Club.

I'm surprised so many people benched Volek.

623613[/snapback]

Based on the advice from others, Mason and Brown's uncertainty and Griese going up against NO and I benched Volek for him. If I played Volek I would have tied. If McGahee and Owens didn't get injured I would have won......I out coached myself out of a tie and luck wasn't with me for the other 2....oh well. Next Year!!!

In the 12 Championship Games that I am in, all of them have one common denominator: Billy Volek. Either my team or my opponent has Volek on their roster. Not Peyton Manning...Not Donovan McNabb...Not Daunte Culpepper. Billy Volek! IMO he has been the FA pick-up of the year! Kinda sucks for those of us who have had strong teams all year long and are getting knocked out by a back-up QB, though.