[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo gets a 2 year extension & signing Bonus

Jrick35

It has been recently reported in an article on Dallascowboys.com that Tony Romo has been signed to a 2 year extension that included a $300,000.00 signing bonus. He was given this extension and bonus despite never having thrown a pass in a regular season game.

Why doesn't Bill let this kid play? He's big enough at 6'2" and 220 lbs. His senior year at Eastern Illinois University he completed 63.4% of his passes for over 3100 yds and 34 TD's in 11 games. Those are good numbers.

He's even shown signs, in preseason games, that he can play at the NFL level. Take the game against the Raiders last preseason, he came in and engineered a game winning drive that culminated in his spontaneous QB Sneak to score the winning TD. Then in the last preseason game last year against KC he went 12 of 14 for 141 yds and a TD. Again those are good numbers, actually they are excellent numbers, even for a preseason game.

And yet he still has not appeared in a regular season game. And now he gets a 2 year extension and a bouns. This is the Cowboys making a move to hold onto his rights for 2 more years, in effect they are saying, "We may not play him but we're not going to let anyone else play him either."

My question is, why not play him? Last year he was the 2nd QB for 8 weeks behind Vinny, now Vinny was not the reason the Cowboys played so badly last year but he obviously wasn't the answer either. If the Cowboys didn't think Romo had what it takes to play last year why would they have extended his contract for 2 years before this years training camp even opened?

I have been saying that Romo should be playing QB for the Cowboys since the day they drafted him I just don't understand why Bill hasn't pulled the trigger and let the kid play. I hope they do this year because I think they will find out he is a winner.

In a show of his athletic skills Romo just played in a US Open qualifying Tournament in which he won a 5 player Playoff to get within 1 step of qualifying for this years US Open as an amature. And in a possible omen, or sign of things to come, the guy carrying his bag, the guy "backing him up" in the Golf Tournament was none other than Drew Bledsoe.

• 1 year later...

It has been recently reported in an article on Dallascowboys.com that Tony Romo has been signed to a 2 year extension that included a $300,000.00 signing bonus. He was given this extension and bonus despite never having thrown a pass in a regular season game.

Why doesn't Bill let this kid play? He's big enough at 6'2" and 220 lbs. His senior year at Eastern Illinois University he completed 63.4% of his passes for over 3100 yds and 34 TD's in 11 games. Those are good numbers.

He's even shown signs, in preseason games, that he can play at the NFL level. Take the game against the Raiders last preseason, he came in and engineered a game winning drive that culminated in his spontaneous QB Sneak to score the winning TD. Then in the last preseason game last year against KC he went 12 of 14 for 141 yds and a TD. Again those are good numbers, actually they are excellent numbers, even for a preseason game.

And yet he still has not appeared in a regular season game. And now he gets a 2 year extension and a bouns. This is the Cowboys making a move to hold onto his rights for 2 more years, in effect they are saying, "We may not play him but we're not going to let anyone else play him either."

My question is, why not play him? Last year he was the 2nd QB for 8 weeks behind Vinny, now Vinny was not the reason the Cowboys played so badly last year but he obviously wasn't the answer either. If the Cowboys didn't think Romo had what it takes to play last year why would they have extended his contract for 2 years before this years training camp even opened?

I have been saying that Romo should be playing QB for the Cowboys since the day they drafted him I just don't understand why Bill hasn't pulled the trigger and let the kid play. I hope they do this year because I think they will find out he is a winner.

In a show of his athletic skills Romo just played in a US Open qualifying Tournament in which he won a 5 player Playoff to get within 1 step of qualifying for this years US Open as an amature. And in a possible omen, or sign of things to come, the guy carrying his bag, the guy "backing him up" in the Golf Tournament was none other than Drew Bledsoe.

yep. I don't think this was his only post about it though. He was talking Romo up all the time well over a year ago. might have even been two years ago. he was right.

Edited by CaptainHook

Classic. :D