[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones is dropping jaws

Avernus

Guest THEbigred
Totally agree. Thinking McGahee (iffy QB) and J. Jones (can't handle the load Parcells will give him) are the likely candidates.

Kevin Jones ripped off HUGE gains and made them look easy late in the season.

906797[/snapback]

Yeah. Against some of the worst run Ds in the league. :D

lmao @ this thread. I like Jones more or less, but wt-f, one quote from yahoo (??) and a few good games at the end of the year and suddenly he's the next LT?

I wish you could convince my co-owners of all this; I could drive his price up to silly levels.

Edited by THEbigred

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year players step up to become big time studs in FF, and the same number of so-called studs fall from grace to become busts or average.

Look at Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green, and Ricky Williams for example. They've all had monster years mixed in with mediocre years in the past 3 seasons. Jones could be the next big break.

I personally think Kevin has the ability and type of offense to be "that guy" this year, but it's all in what you believe. I thought William Green was a can't miss pick back in 03 and it cost me big, but I've also picked a lot more booms than busts.

Harrington.  'Nuf said.

906731[/snapback]

As a Lions fan everything we say has a touch of sarcasm in it, it's natural at this point except for the true slappies who actually believe that crap.

His market has went up as of today in drafts. He's now considered first round material ahead of Dillon, Barber, & Lewis.

I love to find the new break out players as much as anybody but let's take a step back and consider what he did last year. He had a 200 yard game and a 150 yard game with a few 100 yard games thrown in to finish the season. He had zero multiple td games. Will he score 2-3 tds in games at least once a month? I don't see it.

On a side note, has anyone noticed Jason Hanson's scoring before and after Kevin Jones in the lineup? Amazing difference there. Move Jones up a little, and move a very good kicker with more opportunities up even more from where he's ranked on the list. That's the excitement for the day. You get to pick Jason Hanson over Josh Brown.

Julius Jones had multiple td games last year. Parcells has a terrible poker face and he looked like he was dealt 3 aces after watching him run.

Edited by MikesVikes

His market has went up as of today in drafts.  He's now considered first round material ahead of Dillon, Barber, & Lewis. 

I love to find the new break out players as much as anybody but let's take a step back and consider what he did last year.  He had a 200 yard game and a 150 yard game with a few 100 yard games thrown in to finish the season.  He had zero multiple td games.  Will he score 2-3 tds in games at least once a month?  I don't see it. 

On a side note, has anyone noticed Jason Hanson's scoring before and after Kevin Jones in the lineup?  Amazing difference there.  Move Lewis up a little, and move a very good kicker with more opps up even more from where he's ranked on the list.  That's the excitement for the day.  You get to pick Jason Hanson over  Josh Brown.

Julius Jones had multiple td games last year.  Parcells has a terrible poker face and he looked like he was dealt 3 aces after watching him run.

907941[/snapback]

I said the same thing about Deshaun Foster before last year after he barely played for 10 games and then came in late in the season to run everybody over...

Jones was in the lineup basically all season and just had trouble hitting the holes...I've seen plenty backs come in late in the season for one reason or another and just run all over the place....then do nothing the following season..

I have been burned too many times with young guys who take over at the end of the year and have monster stats the last 4-6 weeks of the year. Kevan Barlow and William Green come to mind immediately. KJ and JJ are good, but they have not proven themselves yet to be called "stud"

I was talking about Kevin Jones when I said that....I had already mentioned how Julius missed like 10 games...

908107[/snapback]

KJ was hurt too, had a bad ankle for a long time.

I would love to draft KJ but it's hard for me to say that he deserves a first round selection in a deep league. I would feel kinda iffy if he was my No. 1 back. That said, I hope I get him as a 2nd RB. I am rooting for hiim to have a good year; he was awesome at VT.

he didnt miss any games..

908187[/snapback]

yeah but if he was 100% he would have been hitting those holes you mentioned he wasn't hitting. Once he got closer to 100%, he hit those holes and he hit them hard only having to beat a line backer or safety to get 20 yards or so.

My guess is close to 1700 yards this year.

Edited by chiefjay

yeah but if he was 100% he would have been hitting those holes you mentioned he wasn't hitting.  Once he got closer to 100%, he hit those holes and he hit them hard only having to beat a line backer or safety to get 20 yards or so.

My guess is close to 1700 yards this year.

908199[/snapback]

julius for 1700?...ur nuts...kevin is likely

chiefjay...I am on the kevin jones bandwagon...you misunderstood the 1st post you quoted me from or whatever...

I am NOT for Julius but AM for Kevin....

I just realized that you seem to be misunderstanding me...I was saying that Kevin started off the season just not seeing the holes and when he finally did...he was killing opposing defenses...

I saw him when he played the Eagles and kept trying to kick it outside and he was horrible...

chiefjay...I am on the kevin jones bandwagon...you misunderstood the 1st post you quoted me from or whatever...

I am NOT for Julius but AM  for Kevin....

I just realized that you seem to be misunderstanding me...I was saying that Kevin started off the season just not seeing the holes and when he finally did...he was killing opposing defenses...

I saw him when he played the Eagles and kept trying to kick it outside and he was horrible...

908234[/snapback]

I hear ya, just trying to make a point about the ankle and hitting holes, but your right, he was taking too many carries outside early in the year thinking he could out run OLB's Safeties, and even Ends, once he realized he need to cut back and find the hole he was awesome.

That said, I like Julius as well this year, if I'm in the middle or the end of a draft, I would like to get a RB combo like JJ or KJ, but I doubt that'll happen now.

I hear ya, just trying to make a point about the ankle and hitting holes, but your right, he was taking too many carries outside early in the year thinking he could out run OLB's Safeties, and even Ends, once he realized he need to cut back and find the hole he was awesome.

That said, I like Julius as well this year, if I'm in the middle or the end of a draft, I would like to get a RB combo like JJ or KJ, but I doubt that'll happen now.

908247[/snapback]

it's possible in a 10 team league...

I know people who have both of them in their top 10...so that means players like Deuce and Rudi will slip to me if I draft later...

I've almost been anticipating the chance to draft late, but I'll probably be slotted between 4-7 as usual...

darn I thought this topic was Kevin Jones is dropping draws... :D

This could be an excellant pick late in the first.  I still would pick S Jackson over him

908333[/snapback]

well, KJ doesn't have a future HoF'er that will be stealing touches whenever he can...not that it'll be even a 70-30 ratio in st.l...but ya just don't know..

KJ is their clear cut starter and will be even more involved in the passing game...he's also taken over Bryson's position as the 3rd down back for passing plays...

I'm drafting #5 in a 10 team performance league, any chance of getting him at 15 overall in 2nd round?  THoughts?

908366[/snapback]

good luck with that one :doah: ...it's wishful thinking, but I've seen him go as early as 6th...