[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You make the call.....

Massamule

Just got an email from another guy (who happens to be a huge Chargers fan ) stating that he wanted L.T. and was wondering if he was tradable. I have the 1.3 pick in our rookie draft and I was going to use that to grab either Benson or Arrington.

This is a 12-man dynasty league with our rules:

We start:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 D

Here's our scoring:

QB - 6pts TD, 250 yds+ 5 pts ( plus 1 pt every 50 additional yards)

RB - 6pts TD, 100 yds+ 6pts ( plus 1 pt every 25 additional yards)

WR - 6pts TD, 75 yds+ 5pts ( plus 1 pt every 25 additional yards)

TE - 6 pts TD, 50 yds+ 5pts (plus 1 pt every 25 QQadditional yards)

And here's my team

QB

Collins, Kerry OAK

Green, Trent KCC

McCown, Josh ARI (going to cut)

RB

Brown, Chris TEN

Dunn, Warrick ATL

Duckett, T.J. ATL

Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC

WR

Branch, Deion NEP

Burleson, Nate MIN

Gaffney, Jabar HOU (going to cut)

Holt, Torry STL

Horn, Joe NOS

TE

Gonzalez, Tony KCC

Here's his team

QB

Carson Palmer

JP Losman

Jake Plummer

RB

Willis McGahee

Julius Jones

Larry Johnson

Michael Bennett

WR

Chad Johnson

Jimmy Smith

Muhsin Muhammed

TE

Antonio Gates

Do you think I should offer him something, or say forget it?

I was thinking McGahee, Palmer and Johnson for LT and another that I haven't decided on yet.

What do you think?

I hate that..."Is a player tradable?"...EVERY player is tradable if the circumstances are right....or, at least, ridiculuous enough. The way I see it, you hold all the cards here....you have the player HE wants. Let him make you an offer. If he wants him that bad...see who he's willing to part with. JMO

I wouldn't trade LT2 unless the guy is willing to give you both McGahee and Chad Johnson in return, which he isn't likely to do. You already have two good WRs, so dealing LT@ for McGahee and a lesser WR makes little sense. Your best move, IMO, is to offer Chris Brown to Travis Henry's owner for one of his other RBs. He then ties up the Tennessee RB, and you possibly get back a RB who will play more than P/T.

Haskel gives good info there... make him make an initial offer and jack it up from there.

I'd be more linclined to go for McGahee and Jones from him for LT and something like Dunn or Duckett or both if need be as part of a deal.

You don't really need a QB as you have Green as your main guy with Collins as a legit backup.

You are fine at WR with 4 legit starters. Obviously CJ would be a nice addition, but he isn't a neccesity.

Rb is a mess other than LT, so a two for one RB trade is ideal

You are fine at TE as well.

Good advice to have him initiate the first move.

I did that and he offered me Mcgahee and his 1.06 rookie draft spot. Well, I told him he was nuts and counter-offered this:

LT, Collins, Dunn and Duckett

for

Mcgahee, J Jones and Palmer

That would give me a solid starting backfield and a somewhat proven, high upside, young qb.

What do you guys think?

Good advice to have him initiate the first move.

I did that and he offered me Mcgahee and his 1.06 rookie draft spot. Well, I told him he was nuts and counter-offered this:

LT, Collins, Dunn and Duckett

for

Mcgahee, J Jones and Palmer

That would give me a solid starting backfield and a somewhat proven, high upside, young qb.

What do you guys think?

907276[/snapback]

I like it. That is tough to give up LT, but your RB2 was weak anyway. If he bites, congrats.

Well, he didn't bite....

He said he likes his Palmer to C.J. connection too much and that he isn't a fan of the RBBC in Atlanta (that part I totally understand).

We'll see if he counter-offers, but for now it looks like he was trying to get a bargain deal for the best fantasy football player out there.

Well, he didn't bite....

He said he likes his Palmer to C.J. connection too much and that he isn't a fan of the RBBC in Atlanta (that part I totally understand).

We'll see if he counter-offers, but for now it looks like he was trying to get a bargain deal for the best fantasy football player out there.

908370[/snapback]

Which is why you let him make the first offer in the first place. The guy doesn't want LT that bad, he's just seeing if he can get you to give him up for nothing. This is a good time of the year for that. There are two times of the year when a normally shrewd person can be a sucker: 1) When they're on a big losing streak. You start to think of your FF team like a real team, and you do something crazy to "jump-start" it. 2) During the off-season. Speculation and optimism run rampant and people start believing things that aren't so.