[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Serisouly thinking about going Qb,Qb,Rb

BigMikeinNY

I have the #4 pick in a 10 team league. Performance scoring. Start 2 Qbs, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, k , dee. 6 pt TD's!

Could I get Peyton at #4 and Daunte at #16? I think its possible! Anyone ever made some picks "they told themselves they wouldnt EVER do", and went ahead and did it anyways.

I would have a chance at Lamont Jordan at 24. Is it even worth thinking about? I know it goes against all of us have "learned" about drafting, but it sounds tempting!!

BigMike

With the requirement of starting 2 QBs, Manning makes sense, and if Cpep is there that late he will be well worth it. However, you would be ataking a big hit at RB, which is generally much harder to fill. I'd prefer the stratey if you could start just one RB.

With Manning, you can afford to wait on your 2nd QB a bit. I think I'd be tempted to take Manning, then go RB/RB/QB if a guy like Bulger, who has made it to the 5th round in 1 QB leagues, is there.

okay bro... the other guys already said it, but my opinion is that you will be chasing your tail the entire draft, and if your not drafting with dummies, then you are only gonna be grabbing a tier 3 rb with your 3rd pick, and that leaves you way weak on your rb2...I guess you have to look at how many points your league has for qbs and rbs. My league is 33 yds/ 1 point for qb, v.s. 10 yds /1 point for rb, with 6 points each for a td... I am just saying watch how your league scores, and don't draft for necessity, draft for want!!!

Doc Love mentions it as well, and the others may be overlooking it or have no experience with it, but the 2 QB requirement is HUGH and gives the top QBs a very big boost, enough that it can overcome a subpar RB corp, though, as mentioned in my first reply, I really doubt that Cpep will be there in the 2nd, and if he isn't, go RB/RB and look for your #2 QB a bit later.

Also, there is almost no way you will get Manning at #4, unless you are playing with dummies, because he is either 1st or second to fly of the shelf, besides Tomlinson, and then the only Quarterback of worth woud be Culpepper, although I don't know how well he will do without his right hand man Moss, I mean sure he is a great Qb, but there are lots of Qbs that will make a flash, having a good running back is essential, when there is no guarentee that you will get Manning/ Culpepper

Results of Huddle 12-team mocks (granted, none required 2 QBs)

Where was MAnning selected

#1 - 6th overall pick

#2 - 4th overall pick

#5 - 10th overall pick

#7 - 2nd overall pick

#9 - 8th overall pick

I am excluding the TD only and IDP 12-man mocks. In the 10-teamer, he went 1st, in the 14-teamer he went 4th.

I think this shows there is a very decent chance Manning will be there at the #4 pick, and if he isn't, makes the choise to go RB all the easier.

The tough decision is whether or not to take Cpep in the 2nd in the off chance he is there.

I wouldnt even consider it, being a 10 team 2 QB league...With 2 qb's it kinda leveys the field a bit, compensates within itself............with 2 qb's you can grab em latter after you stack ur RB's, then come around and grab one.....but of course it depends on runs come your 2nd round pick.....but then you'll be close to the swing by then anyways........ya just gota use ur gut once in a while

Also, there is almost no way you will get Manning at #4, unless you are playing with dummies, because he is either 1st or second to fly of the shelf, besides Tomlinson, and then the only Quarterback of worth woud be Culpepper, although I don't know how well he will do without his right hand man Moss, I mean sure he is a great Qb, but there are lots of Qbs that will make a flash, having a good running back is essential, when there is no guarentee that you will get Manning/ Culpepper

931507[/snapback]

You sure can get Manning at 4. I've done two leagues already with guys that have been doing this for several years (not rookies). Manning went 5th and 6th respectively. People understand the need for RBs so Manning could very well be there for you at 4.

I don't think you'll get Culpepper with your next pick though. With a 2QB league, someone is going to want to grab him. Remember, there are six guys behind you that will pick twice before you pick again. I'm betting someone will grab him before you pick again.

I have the #4 pick in a 10 team league.  Performance scoring.  Start 2 Qbs, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, k , dee.  6 pt TD's!

Could I get Peyton at #4 and Daunte at #16?  I think its possible!  Anyone ever made some picks "they told themselves they wouldnt EVER do", and went ahead and did it anyways.

I would have a chance at Lamont Jordan at 24.  Is it even worth thinking about?  I know it goes against all of us have "learned" about drafting, but it sounds tempting!!

BigMike

931435[/snapback]

I am not familiar with that typr of league rosters but I'll give it a shot:

I'd 1st draft either P. Manning, L.T., S. Alexander, or Edge. In that order at 4. If Peyton is there take him and then monitor the owners drafting pattern and be prepared for if there is a run on QB's and if there is a run on RB's. I'd follow the flow because there are only 19 quality RB's and 10 quality QB's. Remember yer 3rd draft isn't far behind. Anticipate what those guys might take too.

Edited by SuperBalla

In a league where you start two QBs and two RBs, QBs and RBs are equally scarce. If you take Manning at #4, the best bet, IMO, would be to go RB/RB/QB with your next three picks, to keep things balanced. You would not get great value with Daunte at #16, since he will be without Moss this year. If Daunte is available in the 3rd round, however, grab him.

Big Mike, I'm in the same situation, 10 man league with 2qb's starting and in my pre-rankings (drafting Sunday) I have Manning #2 and C-Pep # 6 followed by Bulger at #13 and Mcnabb and Farve going late 2nd/early 3rd. So I understand why you would want both and actually I'm thinking that if I can get Manning or C-Pep in the 1st rd then I could possibly snag Bulger in the 2nd, but I would rather have a RB in the 2nd rd. honestly. This is the 2nd year I'm in this league and trust me, you can scrape by into the SB with a backup or subpar qb. I had C-Pep and Roth last year and even C-Pep and Volek at one point, and I went to the SB and Roth sucked as a FF player. I would just see who is available, but make sure you get at least 1qb before the end of the 3rd round, you won't win without that.

Edited by mhayhurst

I honestly can't believe that both of those QB's will be there for you. I think that if you grab Manning first, then go RB that there is still alot of value at QB left. I just wouldn't want to go so strong at one position that it leaves deficiencies elsewhere. This will only lead to you making a deal later to fill voids.

I agree that I doubt you will be able to get both. I would get Manning with the 4th pick if you can and if Pepper is there at 14, take him! You'll have to find some sleeper RB picks but I don't know how anyone could pass up on having Peyton and Pepper that would be unbelievable! Pretty much, it's a risk but considering how many TDs Manning and Pepper get every year it'll more than make up for the hit you'll take at RB.

QB, QB would be crazy, but throw in a RB in between, or preferably 2, it could work.

I think this would also work in your favour in terms of manipulating the draft, ie, the next guy who wanted Peyton will go C-Pep, guy who missed C-Pep may go McNabb etc, seen it happen quite a few times.

This will mean a better RB will drop to you in the 2nd, and even the 3rd. I honestly cant see the difference of taking Green/Bulger in the 3/4th then taking Palmer, Plumer, Delhomme around the 7-8th, esp with Peyton as QB1.

My league runs the same roster and number of teams. Last year I had the ninth pick. I took Manning and then Culpepper in the second. In the third I took Dominic Davis, then Faulk in the fifth and got Curtis Martin in the sixth.

I won the elague title for the most part on the backs of Manning and Culpepper. If Icould get them both again I would in a heart beat. 6pt TDs for QBs in a ten team league in a year with some RB depth is a great league to go QB-QB, but it would have to be Manning and Culpepper.

Take Manning at 4 and if Culpepper comes back to you great, if not take the best RB and will still have a solid foundation and you can go for a Bulger or Green a few rounds later-

My league runs the same roster and number of teams.  Last year I had the ninth pick.  I took Manning and then Culpepper in the second.  In the third I took Dominic Davis, then Faulk in the fifth and got Curtis Martin in the sixth. 

I won the elague title for the most part on the backs of Manning and Culpepper. If  Icould get them both again I would in a heart beat.  6pt TDs for QBs in a ten team league in a year with some RB depth is a great league to go QB-QB, but it would have to be Manning and Culpepper.

Take Manning at 4 and if Culpepper comes back to you great, if not take the best RB and will still have a solid foundation and you can go for a Bulger or Green a few rounds later-

932115[/snapback]

He'd have to get extremely lucky in the RB dept like you did. CuMar really made your team a lock.

CPep will put up good numbers again, but without Moss I don't think he will greatly exceed the next 2 QBs. The dropoff from CPep to the next few QBs will be less than the dropoff of RB production from rds 2-3 as opposed to rounds 3-4. Your WRs will be a mess of average players.

I wouldn't do it in a $$ league, but if its free give it a shot!

2 QB requirement makes QB's as valuable as RB's.  I don't think this strategy is bad if you can get both Manning and Culpepper.  Other QB's would make me more leary.

931468[/snapback]

I agree. If you have Daunte and Peyton, its worth a shot but if it isn't working out after a few weeks, you can easily trade one of these guys for a top RB I would think. Just hope your later round RBs pan out for you.