[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Explain Your Login Name!

Shotgun Messiahs

Skippy is a name that one of my best friends calls everyone. He can not remember anyones name ever. So now everyone is "hey Skippy" to him. Way back when I came here to the Huddle I was trying to think of a name that I would remember just in case I ever happen to come back and Skippy was born. Now my kids like to joke and call me Skippy but in real life I am not Skippy.

Edited by Skippy

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I was in an IDP auction league with DMD.  We did the draft over the internet in a chat room.  David was the auctioneer and he loved saying, "Going, Going, Gone" before a player is sold.  After a while it became a lot of typing so he abbreviated it by putting the current bid price followed by 'g', 'gg', and finally, 'ggg.'

I took my defensive player way too early and paid $10 for him.  Maybe I burned an early pick, but I wanted to make sure I got a defensive back from the A-list, or as I used to say, a "DBA."

Ever since then, he's been busting my chops about drafting that guy too early and paying too much.  Anytime I get excited about something DMD kids me by saying something like, "what's up, did someone just say 10g DBA?"

936029[/snapback]

And I thought you were an Oracle 10G DBA :D

When my beloved Mrs. Jelly was just a sparkling undergrad from "across the hall", I'd ply her with romance on Saturday mornings while together on a shared "donut run" for the two apartments ... Donutrun became a phrase and from there sprang the Jellies and their legendary powdery wrath ... and I, naturally, became the Jellyman.

Deacon Bill...I am an ordained deacon in the Catholic Church...and my name is Bill. The laughing Jesus avatar is there because Jesus is laughing that I am an ordained deacon in the Catholic Church.

936150[/snapback]

:D I thought the avy was Charles Manson.

Deacon Bill...I am an ordained deacon in the Catholic Church...and my name is Bill. The laughing Jesus avatar is there because Jesus is laughing that I am an ordained deacon in the Catholic Church.

936150[/snapback]

That's a softball if I've ever seen one, but out of deference to the big JC, I am not even going to take a swing.

That's a softball if I've ever seen one, but out of deference to the big JC, I am not even going to take a swing.

936155[/snapback]

Good info here.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 9:10

It was my pledge name in my fraternity because they said I look like one of those guys in the band "Menudo".

935974[/snapback]

Actually, Men-u-do is secret code speak for being gay, not that there is anything wrong with that. :D

When I was younger I had long skinny fingers, & after an evening of drunken debauchery a suitably hammered buddy of mine dubbed me thusly. Who am I to question the gods of drunken naming?

Since then I've gotten over the skinny part...

When I was a kid my friend had an aluminum bat named the "Whomper" whenever we used to say we wanted to beat someone up when we were kids we used to say Ill crack him with the whomper. So till this day im still friends with this guy and he still has the bat. But we never hit anyone with it :D