[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cincinnati-Washington

Dirk Digler

Not really excited about any of the matchups tonight but this one has a couple of interesting points going for it.

First off you have two coaches who were very pissed off with their teams performance in Week 1 of the preseason. Cincinnati losing to NewEngland and Washington losing to Carolina. The biggest things they were pissed off about were the performances of their offenses. Here is one of the things that I do like about my bet, at least Cincinnati can doing something about it, Washington on the other hand are PITIFUL on offense.

Washingtons offense continued where it left off last year, looking like they didn't have a clue what to do with the ball when they had it. Ramsay looked like he was trying out for a ballerina club more than a football club with how happy his feet looked last week against Carolina, Brunell did look alot better but he is still Brunell the same guy that lost his job last year after Gibbs realized this is 2004/5 and not 1994/5 when both his offense and Brunell were good. Portis will probably not play tonight, and if he does he will have his plays limited due to an injury, and to make this offense have any success you need that running game going to give either one of the QBs that Washington will use some chance for success. Cincinnatis defense believe it or not has got better under Marvin Lewis, not alot but it has got better. Lewis was pleased with how his defense played last week, has been pleased with how they have looked in practice and I believe after facing this UGLY offense of Washington should be pleased after tonights game with his defense.

Cincinnatis offense looked a mess last week, but they still do have a good offense with alot of talent at the WR position and the RB position. Palmer will get extended time tonight as I believe Lewis will make it a priority for his offense to look alot sharper tonight especially after their performance last week. Kitna will follow and I know alot of people don't like Kitna but I have always been impressed with what he can accomplish with his abilities and I will definitely give the advantage to him over Brunell. The reason I believe the Bengals should have some success against Washington tonight is the RedSkins are absoloutely decimated with injuries in their secondary, I believe if you are in the stands tonight they might actually bring you out of your seat and give you a chance to play cornerback or safety with how bangedup they are right now Again where this will really become an advantage is when you start getting into the second and third stringers. I believe this game will be close for the first half and it will be later in the game that the Bengals will take control and win this game by 3-7 points.

Cincinnati +2

guess i was the bad guy....look at my thread and the one i was directed too....you all should have a age limit in here... i will not be posting again.......what a bunch of idiots....try and ask for info....get called a jacka$$.....call the guy on it and be insulted the rest of the night.....clean this place up... i will start by excluding myself. Oh.... and FU Mr. Hook.

936518[/snapback]

Well I guess your still here... :D

I like your analysis on the games you choose...but would like to see you discuss what went wrong with your prediction :D ...sort of a debriefing. :D

Any thoughts on teh Vikings at Jets game tonight???

Well I guess your still here...  :D

I like your analysis on the games you choose...but would like to see you discuss what went wrong with your prediction  :D ...sort of a debriefing.  :D

Any thoughts on teh Vikings at Jets game tonight???

937639[/snapback]

The Saints starters being in there until the third quarter made absoloutely no difference. In reality the Patriots backups outscored NewOrleans starters by 4 points, so it was no advantage for the Saints, the problem was NewOrleans scrubs outscored the Pats scrubs in those last two minutes and good on them they deserved it but as for the Saints starters being in there again it made absoloutely no difference.

just as an fyi, it's been rainy and nasty all day here in DC. it will be interesting to see how Gibbs' "new" offense can handle the elements. The Hogs were sent to a BBQ and this new breed has not proven a thing. Not sure how long Rudi or chad will play, but they shoud have good games against the 'skins.

the problem was NewOrleans scrubs outscored the Pats scrubs in those last two minutes and good on them they deserved it but as for the Saints starters being in there again it made absoloutely no difference.

937668[/snapback]

that is why spending this much time breaking down pre-season games, and then gambling on them, is ridiculous.

Oh, and by "truckload", do you mean your WHOLE allowance?

Edited by CaptainHook

Not really excited about any of the matchups tonight but this one has a couple of interesting points going for it. 

First off you have two coaches who were very pissed off with their teams performance in Week 1 of the preseason. Cincinnati losing to NewEngland and Washington losing to Carolina. The biggest things they were pissed off about were the performances of their offenses. Here is one of the things that I do like about my bet, at least Cincinnati can doing something about it, Washington on the other hand are PITIFUL on offense. 

Washingtons offense continued where it left off last year, looking like they didn't have a clue what to do with the ball when they had it. Ramsay looked like he was trying out for a ballerina club more than a football club with how happy his feet looked last week against Carolina, Brunell did look alot better but he is still Brunell the same guy that lost his job last year after Gibbs realized this is 2004/5 and not 1994/5 when both his offense and Brunell were good. Portis will probably not play tonight, and if he does he will have his plays limited due to an injury, and to make this offense have any success you need that running game going to give either one of the QBs that Washington will use some chance for success. Cincinnatis defense believe it or not has got better under Marvin Lewis, not alot but it has got better. Lewis was pleased with how his defense played last week, has been pleased with how they have looked in practice and I believe after facing this UGLY offense of Washington should be pleased after tonights game with his defense. 

Cincinnatis offense looked a mess last week, but they still do have a good offense with alot of talent at the WR position and the RB position. Palmer will get extended time tonight as I believe Lewis will make it a priority for his offense to look alot sharper tonight especially after their performance last week. Kitna will follow and I know alot of people don't like Kitna but I have always been impressed with what he can accomplish with his abilities and I will definitely give the advantage to him over Brunell. The reason I believe the Bengals should have some success against Washington tonight is the RedSkins are absoloutely decimated with injuries in their secondary, I believe if you are in the stands tonight they might actually bring you out of your seat and give you a chance to play cornerback or safety with how bangedup they are right now Again where this will really become an advantage is when you start getting into the second and third stringers. I believe this game will be close for the first half and it will be later in the game that the Bengals will take control and win this game by 3-7 points. 

Cincinnati +2

937602[/snapback]

Are Cliff Notes Versions of these analysis posts available? :D

Cincinnati will dominate their division this year.  We're on the brink of a Bengal dynasty.

The NFL can not withstand the Orange and Black attack.

937642[/snapback]

Can you drive to Jerome Bettis's house and repeat that statement?

You're funny.

First thing First Marcus Washington is a player...his name kept getting called time and time again...heeee's a playeeeerrrr. Washington rush defense looked above average. Portis did not play Betts played but not much and really did not do much. I can not believe how bad Ramsey looked he was awful his ball looks real weak it looks like it's in slow motion, he was most succesful rolling out. Ramsey seemed to look for Patten alot. Carlos Rogers had a interception but had some real rookie mistakes and seem to tire out pretty fast. The Bengals threw a bomb to T.J Housh who burned Rogers by at least 2 steps and proceeded to drop the ball which hit him right in the wrong place "his hands in stride"soooo what does Cincy do next play Kelley Washington blows by Rogers by at least 3 steps and jogs in the endzone (THE EXACT PLAY AS THE PREVIOUS) Rogers looked like he was tired or gave up on the play it was ugly almost as ugly as Washington's td dance. Brunell sucks too!!! Campell did not play. I was kinda surprised by Campell's absence.

I give WASHINGTON a C. The defensive starters looked sharp against the rush and they seemed to rattle Palmer early but Palmer shook them off later.

NOW...The Bengals.. Perry is going to be a factor in the Cincy offense this year,he has good hands and runs hard, he seems pretty shifty in the hole for a back his size and delivers a blow to on coming tacklers. Perry is going to eat into Rudi's numbers but Rudi's a tank but I can't see Rudi getting the same numbers as last year. Rudi looked good but did not play much. Palmer seemed shaky and confused early or just needed to warm up he hit Carlos Rogers right in the hands for a pick early and seemed to be staring down Johnson early, but Palmer warmed up later and really looked pretty good. It almost seemed like a lightbulb went off and he figured out what the Skins was doing or was just calmed down and start picking apart the skin's defense. The defense looked okay and little better than last week. The db's looked to be taking more risks and playing alot better. Chad Johnson looked frustrated out there I was not impressed but hey it's CJ it takes him a little time to warm up HE"S a STUD I know but little concerned with his play today. I'm going to chalk it up to a preseason game and when it means something CJ will be there. Perry on those screens is going to be wicked this year definte 3rd down guy. Thurman is the real deal his motor runs in the red the whole time and he hits like a mack truck. The d line was average at best. I was impressed with the improvement of the db's even if Ramsey threaded the needle to Patten for a td was much better than last week..over all I give the Bengals a C+ .

Wahshington Best: Marcus Washington and David Patten

Worst by far Patrick Ramsey

Cincy best: Perry and Palmer

Worst: CJ "ouch", Casey Bramlet