Sign in to follow this  
pbev421

Speaking of Kevin Jones...

I have the 1st pick in a 2 player 10 team keeper league. I definitely want to go with a RB because we can start 3 (2RB, 1 Flex). My other keepers are DDavis and JLewis. There are a total of 15 RBs being kept so the RBs will be very thin if I pass on one in the 1st round. The best RBs out there are Kevin Jones, Rudi Johnson, Steven Jackson, LaMont Jordan, Curtis Martin, and the 3 rookies. I'm thinking of taking Kevin Jones but I'd like some opinions on this.

KJones has all the right players around him (except QB), but Joey is looking a little better.

Rudi is in similiar surroundings.

KJones has a little more risk, needs to be healthy and show better play against strong defenses. He excelled last season near the end, but against weaker defenses.

Rudi has proved his worth already against good defenses. Safe is Rudi, risky (possibly sophmore slump) KJones.

Faced with the same choice I took Rudi - but it's a tough call.

Chris Perry has also been running really well. I'm hoping it just makes him a more valuable handcuff rather than decreasing Rudi's value. If he goes down, Perry can still help your team.

six of one, half a dozen of the other. Pick the one you like, because there is nothing to say that you are right or wrong at this point.

I like Steven Jackson personally.

940010[/snapback]

I think Jackson is the safer long-term pick. However, Jones will almost certainly produce more this year.