[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Portis for 1.02 ?

XFlash

Thanks in advance for you opinion.

I offered Portis for the 1.02 pick. I have no 1st round pick, I traded my 1.07 for McAllister.

My keepers are Portis/McAllister/Owens. She picks 1.02 and has PManning/Gates.

I'm looking at KJones. Do you think he would be better than Portis? I like his schedule, but him being a sophmore and not proven yet against good defenses as me a little concerned. Portis still put up decent stats (yards) but lack TD (bad o-line), but this year the line is a little bit healthier and Gibbs is changing plays to suit Portis's strengths.

According to The Huddle's performance cheatsheet, would you have pulled the trigger.

Based on who was kept & not picking until 2.04 & I would be looking at tier 3. So maybe I still might be able to pick up Jordan.

1Ladainian Tomlinson SDC 10 -Keeper

2 Shaun Alexander SEA 8 - Keeper

3 Edgerrin James IND 8 -Keeper

4 Priest Holmes KCC 5 -Keeper

Tier 2

5 Domanick Davis HOU 3

6 Deuce McAllister NOS 10 -Keeper

7 Willis McGahee BUF 9

8 Corey Dillon NEP 7 -Keeper

9 Jamal Lewis BAL 3

10 Kevin Jones DET 3

11 Clinton Portis WAS 3 -Keeper

12 Julius Jones DAL 9 -Keeper

13 Tiki Barber NYG 5

14 Rudi Johnson CIN 10

Tier 3

15 Curtis Martin NYJ 8

16 Ahman Green GBP 6 -Keeper

17 Steven Jackson STL 9

18 Lamont Jordan OAK 5

19 Brian Westbrook PHI 6

20 Carnell Williams TBB

Just to say something not in Portis' defense so much but in fact so much. He missed the last 1.5 games last year and still rushed for 1300 yards on a team with no OL and no O period. On top of that he was still a top 10ish fantasy back. Add in a healthy Jansen at T and the C they signed from Balt, and the fact that they added some new plays this offseason built around Portis' strengths and I do not in any way think a 1400 + yards with 10 TD's season is impossible. Fantasy is funny because people jump off and on bandwagon's so quickly it's funny. Portis if healthy will be a top 10 RB. Until guys like JJ, McGahee, and KJ prove something over a full season, and they certainly might, I will still take Portis over them. Again in a "BAD" year he went 1300+ with 7 TD's and was a top 10ish RB with no O and missing the last 1.5 games.

Just to say something not in Portis' defense so much but in fact so much. He missed the last 1.5 games last year and still rushed for 1300 yards on a team with no OL and no O period. On top of that he was still a top 10ish fantasy back. Add in a healthy Jansen at T and the C they signed from Balt, and the fact that they added some new plays this offseason built around Portis' strengths and I do not in any way think a 1400 + yards with 10 TD's season is impossible. Fantasy is funny because people jump off and on bandwagon's so quickly it's funny. Portis if healthy will be a top 10 RB. Until guys like JJ, McGahee, and KJ prove something over a full season, and they certainly might, I will still take Portis over them. Again in a "BAD" year he went 1300+ with 7 TD's and was a top 10ish RB with no O and missing the last 1.5 games.

940464[/snapback]

I agree and have Portis as my comback player of the year. You also have to throw in the schedule this year I think Portis is the Comeback player of the year and I'm hoping he falls to the second round. I have 2nd pick in a redraft performance scoring league. I would say very doubtful he falls that far but you just don't know. I'm screaming about how bad the skins suck so I can try to snag him. Washington's rush D is looking sweet which should help Portis out.

I'd keep Portis. For some reason the guy is getting no love at all. Sure, he had a disappointing year for what people expected but he's got a year under his belt now and the O-line should be better (can't get any worse). I see him having a great year.

I'd take Jones. Just a little FYI, Jones had 906 yards & 4 TDs in the last 8 games last season. If he picks up where he let off that's 1812 & 8. He was a rookie last season so I don't think an improvement is out of the question either. GL

940581[/snapback]

I would agree with this when KJones goes against some good defenses.

I'd keep Portis. For some reason the guy is getting no love at all. Sure, he had a disappointing year for what people expected but he's got a year under his belt now and the O-line should be better (can't get any worse). I see him having a great year.

940754[/snapback]

Here is a vote for Jones. The Lions have a group of receivers to keep any defense honest. Skins are still a bit 1 dimensional IMO which will make it easier to shut down Portis. That's no knock on his ability, but I don't see a lot of help around him.