[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the :coolest" rule in your league?

BigMikeinNY

From this forum (the rule), my main league this year will incorporating a new HIGH SCORE rule. Each week:

Low score team gives the High Score team $10.

It's not the craziest rule in the world, but I cant imagine anything more fun than calling another team in the league Tuesday morning, and letting them know they owe ya 10 beans!!

BigMike

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one league, we use a blind-bid system to acquire free agents and waiver wire players. Each team is given a 200 unit budget in the beginning of the year, and you use it to bid on players during the year. You never know what other teams are bidding, so there is alot of strategy involved in trying to acquire players during the season. You don't want to overpay, but you need to make sure you bid enough to get a guy you really want.

I'm sure there are other leagues that have a similar system, but this is the first league I've been in that does it.

Our league rewards double points for TDs that are non-traditional for the given position. For instance, if a RB recieves or throws a TD it's 12 points or a QB running/receiving a TD is 12 points etc....

Also, we payout most of the money to the season points leaders. We give a small amount to the SB winner, just enough to make head-to-head advocates happy. This payout I'm a big fan of because true head-to-head leagues reward luck over skill. I've seen years where a guy who is top 2-3 in overall points have a losing record and that just sucks.

Edit to add: We also pay $25 to the weekly high point guy. This keeps teams who are mathematically out still interested in the season. We also give a 2 point bonus per every 20 yard score. So a 20-39 yd TD is 8 pts, a 40-59 yard TD is 10 pts etc... This is for all positions.

Edited by Brentastic

Our league rewards double points for TDs that are non-traditional for the given position.  For instance, if a RB recieves or throws a TD it's 12 points or a QB running/receiving a TD is 12 points etc....

Also, we payout most of the money to the season points leaders.  We give a small amount to the SB winner, just enough to make head-to-head advocates happy.  This payout I'm a big fan of because true head-to-head leagues reward luck over skill.  I've seen years where a guy who is top 2-3 in overall points have a losing record and that just sucks.

940427[/snapback]

Your leauge is very similar to mine, as we give more points for non-traditional, also we have (traditional) 0-29yds 6pts, 30-69yds 9pts, 70+yds 12pts for TD length. We also have overall points pay out 1st-3rd, and we have a Team vs Team (head to head) as well.

Your leauge is very similar to mine, as we give more points for non-traditional, also we have (traditional) 0-29yds 6pts, 30-69yds 9pts, 70+yds 12pts for TD length. We also have overall points pay out 1st-3rd, and we have a Team vs Team (head to head) as well.

940437[/snapback]

I added to my original post. We do the bonus TD points also, check it out above. I like doing it this way, it really adds the "fantasy" aspect to the whole thing. Know what I mean? I mean, if your guy gets a 70yd TD, that is more exciting and should be rewarded more!! A 70 yarder is much more exciting than a 1 yd run, but most leagues reward the same 6 pts......... WEAK!!!!

Coolest? No.

Unique? (had to back up and make sure I spelled it right...lol)

Yeah, probably so. My local and the one I commish actually voted in a "no whining" rule last year! :D These are all 35 - 50 year old men, but then there is always That Guy. :D Anyway, the penalty for any given whine is $2 paid directly to the slush fund which is to be liquidated each year during the "real" playoffs at our annual "beer/bbq/what are we going to do until pre-season" bash.

Since I make a paltry 5 cents a year as the commissioner to front the money for the web site, get everything up and running, and then handle the moan and groan traffic all year, I delegated the whine police duties to the AssCo (assistant commisioner). :D So far so good. Only $6 bucks and pre-season isn't even half over! :D These guys really are excellent FF players or I would have bailed years ago. :D

So, that's it...

But I thought you might also get a smile out of my post last year while I was debating whether or not to show up for commish camp again this year... :D

"As the White Lightning Almighty CENO, I suppose it is my duty to hang around in order to bring some level of civility to you fantasy football Fokker idiots. Without my capable leadership it would seem inevitable and a true shame indeed to see you all end up in Yahoo FF AA....lol...

While my masterful team management skills, averaging a mere 80 points per week, only landed me in 4th place this year, (after being decimated by injuries, and many other varied excuses previously provided to my wife), be forewarned the upcoming season will be drastically different!!!

P.S. Having stated the obvious above, I must tell you that as a new free agent commissioner this year, the league can anticipate hearing from my agent in the near term. It has come to my attention that my league lagging salary of 5 cents per annum is simply embarrassing and is clearly not sufficient enough to allow me to undertake yet another year of pathetic whining, moaning, groaning etc. I would anticipate, and will negotiate towards, an increase of roughly 83.333333333%. While this may at first glance seem unreasonable, I believe that my abilities and respectable off-field behavior (as far as you know) clearly warrant one of the top level salaries. The Beaver Lover league, who play in the ESPN division, have tentatively offered such an increase and are willing to boost my salary to an unheard of 6 cents a year. I would hope that all of you have the insight and intestinal fortitude to at least match this offer.

P.S.S. For those in need, (Michael, Robert, Dave, Gary etc.), my FF Team Management 101 Seminar is now open for registration. The nominal fee of $15, 1499 cents, case of Bud, non-working TV or car, or any used left rear truck tire, is payable in advance. The location and further details will be provided upon payment.

Again, thanks for a great year and I look forward to the next."

Thank God football is here!!! :D:D:D

We have a few unique rules.

The first, during draft/auction night if a team nominates a player that has already been picked they must buy a round for everyone in the league. It never fails, as there is always a team that is not paying attention and nominates a player again. We even had a team nominate someone who was in jail and would not play the year.

We allocate 50 dollars to the first player arrested during the season.

Another is that our commissioners track the weekly starter points for each position (QB, RB, WR, DEF, and K). We charge 3 dollars for wavier wire pickups and at the end of the year, we divide wavier wire dollars five ways to the teams with the most starter points for each category.

Whoever finishes in last place, we set on fire.

940406[/snapback]

:D

at our draft (everyone is together), if you pick someone who had been drafted, you do a shot. We always get a couple of people in rounds 18-21...most are pretty buzzed at that point anyway. :D

We have OT ( offensive team), the points are 1pt per first down, and 400yds total offense gets you 5 bonus pts.

940410[/snapback]

We have 1 pt. for every 25 yards of total offense, and the OL unit starts with 5 points when the game starts. Each time they give up a sack, -1.

So 300 yards of total offense is 12 pts. 5 sacks given up is 0, 7 sacks is -2, no sacks is +5, etc.

Our K gets 3, and 5 >49 yards. . . but if your kicker gives his team the lead with under 2:00 remaining or in OT, AND it is the final score of the game. . . the value is doubled. For example, your K wins it from 52 yards in OT = 10 pts.

In my local draft league, we have the option of keeping one player the following year. The criteria is that that player has to be a rookie that you drafted and stayed on your roster the entire year. If you picked up a rookie as a FA, it doesn't count. If you traded for a rookie, you can't keep him. If you drafted a rookie and kept him on your roster the entire year, you get to keep that rookie for the following season in the same round that you originally drafted him in. I will be keeping Kevin Jones in the 4th round this year.

In our local auction league, each team can keep a maximum of 2 players each. The catch here is that you have to pay double for what that player went for the previous year. The only catch here is that the player had to have been auctioned by someone. No FA pickups allowed to be kept. In this I have the option of keeping JJones for $32, SJax for $20 or Burleson for $2 and can keep up to 2.

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

My keeper league has a couple of unique rules to it.

Our keepers cost you two rounds higher than where you drafted them the previous year. So a guy drafted in round 5 will cost me my 3rd round pick next year, and my 1st rounder the year after. This eliminates keeping just your studs and rewards those who paid attention and drafted people before the blew up.

To keep our non playoff teams playing, we're allowing teams to pick their draft positions the next year. So- the winner of the toilet bowl picks his spot first, TB runner up goes next and so on. The the remaining spots are picked following reverse finishing order of the playoff's - leaving the superbowl winner to pick last.

Edited by tonyr0802

Have a seperate Special Teams position.

940533[/snapback]

Likewise, as we have seperate DT, OT, and ST.

We also have two starting line-ups to choose from:

Pro Set-QB, RB RB, WR WR WR, TE, PK, DT, OT, ST

Run-n-Shoot-QB, RB, WR WR WR WR, TE, PK, DT, OT, ST

I like to have 11 starting positions, just like real football.

Edited by PantherDave