[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Finished my IDP Keeper Draft

XFlash

Thanks in advance for your comments. :D

This was our 1st year for IDP (kept 2 offense players) That seemed to throw a lot of owners off their usual game plan.

Round 4 the IDPs started (LB) I missed the top 2 so elected to go QB. I recovered later with Vilma & Grant and pretty much filled the bulk of my IDPs from there.

There was not a runs to LB, DL or DB as I was expecting, but due to where I had just picked, I missed out on the top players.

After the few top TEs were picked, I waited as long as I could to get at least someone decent.

Player, Round Drafted

Portis, Clinton WAS RB - 3 Keeper

Owens, Terrell PHI WR - 6 Keeper

McAllister, Deuce NOS RB - Traded my 1.07

Westbrook, Brian PHI RB - 2.04

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 3.07

Palmer, Carson CIN QB - 4.02

Vilma, Jonathan NYJ LB - 5.09

Grant, Charles NOS DE - 6.03

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR - 7.08

Pierce, Antonio NYG LB - 8.07

Witherspoon, Will CAR LB - 9.04

Schobel, Aaron BUF DE - 10.08

Wilson, Adrian ARI S - 11.03

Wilson, Gibril NYG S - 12.06

Hartwell, Edgerton ATL LB - 13.05

Ogunleye, Adewale CHI DE - 14.07

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. CIN WR - 15.04

Anderson, Mike DEN RB - 16.06

Williams, Madieu CIN S - 17.05

Lewis, Michael PHI S - 18.05

Douglas, Marques SFO DE - 19.06

Longwell, Ryan GBP PK - 20.03

Alexander, Stephen DEN TE - 21.08

Pollard, Marcus DET TE - 22.09

Carr, David HOU QB - 23.02

Nugent, Mike NYJ PK - 24.03

Saints, New Orleans NOS ST - 25.08

Dolphins, Miami MIA ST - 26.06

Williams, Reggie JAC WR - 27.04

LB's are the RB's of the defense, and you did extremely well there.... not sure what you mean about not getting top players? You might get more responese if you said how many teams and what the starting requirements are, but this team is so good, I almost think yer putting one over on us. You have 3 VERY good safeties, in Wilson, Wilson and Williams. Vilma, Pierce, Witherspoon and Hartwell? C'mon, this is a joke, right?

Edited by Rovers

LB's are the RB's of the defense, and you did extremely well there.... not sure what you mean about not getting top players? You might get more responese if you said how many teams and what the starting requirements are, but this team is so good, I almost think yer putting one over on us. You have 3 VERY good safeties, in Wilson, Wilson and Williams. Vilma, Pierce, Witherspoon and Hartwell? C'mon,  this is a joke, right?

943024[/snapback]

Thanks Rovers.

We start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 2LB, 2DL, 2DB, 1ST

10 teams. Kept 2 offense players (1st year IDP, next year will also keep 2 defensive players).

No joking. What I should have said was the top 3 based off rankings. I still drafted some very good players.

I had just picked Steve Smith when Bullock was picked. By the time it got back to me, Edwards, RLewis, Thomas were gone. QBs were getting low and I rolled dice and picking a QB 4.02 vs Peppers.

The long stretch to the next pick the Top 3 safties were gone, but I recovered.

Since this was our league's first IDP, only a few of the top 3-4 in each were taken. I had played IDP last year (my 1st IDP) giving me the slight edge and also recently completing the BOTH Confusion Dynasty IDP draft.

Next year we will bump up the IDPs to starting 3 for each. We kept it at 2 each position so the owners can get a good feel and be more comfortable next season.

I'm the commish of the league and I had e-mail out the comparisons of defense to offense positions and how they relate. About half heeded my advice (that I got from the IDP forum; Thanks Guys) the other still were focusing on offense.

I hope this helps paint a better picture.