[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there an inside joke?

satelliteoflovegm

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure someone will get brack to hugh on this.

943247[/snapback]

That happened so long ago that I can barely remember the genisis.

Every so often something collectively and entirely stupid happens. It is sort of the same phenomena as mob rioting only different. I am not sure if it was someone's name that everyone took a fancy to or if someone misspelled the word, but "Hugh" has existed at least 3 or 4 years here I think.

"Brack" was about 2 years ago and was someone's last name and for some reason, but for whatever reason everyone latched onto it and also thrust it into the famous category. Any play on the words Brack or Hugh is just an old joke that will never, ever die.

That happened so long ago that I can barely remember the genisis.

Every so often something collectively and entirely stupid happens. It is sort of the same phenomena as mob rioting only different. I am not sure if it was someone's name that everyone took a fancy to or if someone misspelled the word, but "Hugh" has existed at least 3 or 4 years here I think.

"Brack" was about 2 years ago and was someone's last name and for some reason, but for whatever reason everyone latched onto it and also thrust it into the famous category. Any play on the words Brack or Hugh is just an old joke that will never, ever die.

943262[/snapback]

I think someone started a a thread with the title "Hugh trade offer" or something along those lines and the rest was history.. They mispelled huge as hugh.

good I was hoping it was a running joke...

now back to my hugh cup of coffee :D

943271[/snapback]

you mean brack to your hugh cup of coffee..

and be glad too - the Hugh and Brack guys were never heard from again. Some people have a hard time accepting they are the object of everyone's amusement, particularly when it is almost unexplainable why it is funny.

That is correct.  I believe it was zander666 and was his first or one of his first posts.

943293[/snapback]

:D His only post (in 2001), with a typo "HUGH trade". After a couple of pages of making use of the "Hugh", it was locked, but remained a classic, with a few Huddlers changing their names to contain "Hugh".

What about Hugh One? Is he a Hugh or Huge, please get brack to me.. :D this is fun :D

943303[/snapback]

I'm am Huge in the pants, but my huddle name is Hugh. And sunysteelfly is correct, huddler Zander666 was the unintentional starter of this lingo. He started a post about a hugh trade offer, and the rest is history. There are still a few of use that have the hugh in the name, like hugh-mongus, and hughsyerdaddy.

spontaneous man-clapping.  must be a homo.

943689[/snapback]

I was tlaking about this last night with my wife...

The use of the word "homo" is directly tied to Shockey calling Parcells a homo a few seasons ago, right?

Because other than that ridiculous incident, and the subsequent sarcastic use of it here... nobody had seriously used "homo" as an insult since junior high, I'm guessing.

I was tlaking about this last night with my wife...

The use of the word "homo" is directly tied to Shockey calling Parcells a homo a few seasons ago, right? 

Because other than that ridiculous incident, and the subsequent sarcastic use of it here... nobody had seriously used "homo" as an insult since junior high, I'm guessing.

943839[/snapback]

Yeah...but fag is filtered out here :D

Besides...if anyone on the Huddle is getting insulted at being called a homo, they need to play more Mystery Huddler! :D

Yeah...but fag is filtered out here :D

Besides...if anyone on the Huddle is getting insulted at being called a homo, they need to play more Mystery Huddler!  :D

943854[/snapback]

Coming from a non-MH. :D

There are currently five posters whose name starts with "Hugh" and countless others that have been deleted along the way.

943916[/snapback]

Fact or fiction?

Fact.

Hey, that didn't work. :D

Hugh One

Hugh B Tool

Hugh Jass

Hugh-mongus

Hughmor

Edited by Hugh 0ne