[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is J.J.Arrington definitely the man in ARI?

I may draft J.J. as my #3, but I've always thought that Marcel Shipp is a pretty good player.  Why is everyone so certain the J.J. is gonna be the man?  Is he gonna get 20 carries a game?  What about goalline?

950775[/snapback]

Denny Green loves this kid and he's never liked Marcel shuckst. Denny's already made the kid the starter for game 1 of the regular season. In a deep league(14 or more) this kids being drafted as a # 2 rb. Just look at DMD's mock drafts. Make sure you have a specific spot in the draft to take him.

One big advantage that Arrington has is that his coach loves him. Case in point- Tice and Bennett! Also Arizona is not expected to be rbbc.

950971[/snapback]

Mike Tice looks like the kind of guy that wears FU-BU clothes, cocks his hat sideways and wears gold chains. The man's definetely a full fledged wigger. :D

I think this is the biggest over-rated factor in evaluating running backs, and if that's a concern for you, not sure what RBs will be on your roster this season:

JJ Arrington 5-9 214

LT 5-10 221

Priest 5-9 213

DD 5-9 221

Tiki 5-10 200

Westbrook 5-8 203

Dunn 5-9 180

Bennett 5-9 209

I'd be pretty happy with many of those backs on my team this year. JJ's a stud, plain and simple. The guy ran for 2000 yards last year and AVERAGED over 7 tards a carry last year. Now the Pac-10 isn't the most defensively stout conference, but man, 7 yards per carry is impressive at any level. Draft him as your third back, but you'll end up playing him as your 2.

Living in Phoenix, there is no info ever on anybody but Arrington. Shipp is rarely ever talked about. Its a done deal Arrington will get just about every carry if things go well.

To me, Arrington might be a decent #3 back, can't imagine taking him in round 2. I haven't seen him break 1 tackle and the O-Line is having some problems (they had to start the 4th string center last night).

Green is a pass happy kinda guy. At best I see Arrington getting numbers something like Robert Smith used to do with the Vikes. That's if the Cardinals can open things up like the Vikes were able to do back then.

If that happens, Arrington may be a serviceable #2, but I just don't see it.

Denny Green says it's his combo of smaller size, and deceptive power that makes him hard to tackle. Good O-line, improved passing game, decent defense, and Green wants to run more than he has in the past. It's a great situation for JJ, and it's almost hard to believe he's making it to 3rd rounds. So that I can take Chad Johnson in Round 2, I'm hoping to get JJ in Round 3 (pick 6) and laugh all the way to the Super Bowl (if Chad plays to potential) that I got a quality #2 Rb in the 3rd Round.

I think this is the biggest over-rated factor in evaluating running backs, and if that's a concern for you, not sure what RBs will be on your roster this season:

JJ Arrington      5-9    214

LT                  5-10    221

Priest              5-9      213

DD                  5-9    221

Tiki                5-10    200

Westbrook      5-8      203

Dunn              5-9      180

Bennett            5-9    209

I'd be pretty happy with many of those backs on my team this year.  JJ's a stud, plain and simple.  The guy ran for 2000 yards last year and AVERAGED over 7 tards a carry last year.  Now the Pac-10 isn't the most defensively stout conference, but man, 7 yards per carry is impressive at any level.  Draft him as your third back, but you'll end up playing him as your 2.

951141[/snapback]

Good point! I Got arrington with the last pick of the fourth round. I was able to nab Holt & Johnson with the 2/3/ swing. I will be relying on Arrington or Carnell Williams to be my #2RB behind LT.

I am really struggling w/ this one. I'm in a dynasty league and I have the #1.03 pick in the upcoming rookie/FA draft. I'm pretty sure Ronnie Brown and Caddy are going 1 and 2. That leaves me Cedric Benson and JJ Arrington to choose from. I know Benson isn't signed yet and when he does he may not see a lot of action this year considering Jones is still there.

Arrington is in a great situation right now but I've HEARD he's been putting the "rock" on the ground in the preseason, though I haven't seen him play yet myself.

I'm just having a hard time deciding who will be the better player during their entire career.

I think I'm leaning towards Arrington right now just because Benson seems to be a bit of a head case and I hate having those guys on my team no matter how talented they are.

I've seen Arrington in games on NFL network...

he hasn't shown he's ready to breakout on the NFL level...and yes, he has put the rock on the ground 3 times in 2 games...not sure if he fumbled last night...he didn't do anything spectacular...

I think JJ might be what McCown was last year...."the coach's favorite"...but not necessarily that effective...

but for Boldin and Warner's sake, I hope he pulls it together