[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO Reaggravated Groin

Primetime9287

From NFL.com...

Owens Aggravates Groin Injury

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid, following the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 26, said WR Terrell Owens (groin) re-tweaked his groin against the Cincinnati Bengals. Reid said he would have more information on Owens' status Saturday, Aug. 27. "He just kind of reaggravated it a little bit," Reid said.

Looks like that might be a season long injury that he is going to have to just play through. I may be wrong, but I don't think a groin can just heal up, you have to have a significant amount of time off of it. Time that TO and the Eagles can't afford right now. Sounds like the same thing LT2 had last year.

it's not like it was a serious injury from the jump...and we already know how bad primetime wants to rain on TO's parade and his owners...

if anything, he just doesn't have to practice during the season...and from last night, I don't think he needs it...

I'd love to see TO drop into the 3rd round of my 10-team. The media should keep talking about how he and Mcnabb hate each other, how he and Reid don't see eye-to-eye and how Hugh Douglas is looking to kick his a$$. Pick no. 30 sounds great, sore groin or not. :D

I think we all need to take account in how bad the Bengals defense is..

951775[/snapback]

Yeah, you gotta agree they looked horrible last night. Greg Lewis even had 72 yards and a td. Im not saying TO is gonna suck this year and I don't have any hatred towards TO. I think he is a steal in every league that he slips past the 2nd round. I was just putting the injury news up there because it was emailed to me. What I just couldn't understand last night is why the Bengals just let him blow by. Everyone associated with the NFL, knew that first play was going to him...except the Bengals? When you know what is coming, and you still don't stop it, that is terrible D!

Yeah, you gotta agree they looked horrible last night.  Greg Lewis even had 72 yards and a td.  Im not saying TO is gonna suck this year and I don't have any hatred towards TO.  I think he is a steal in every league that he slips past the 2nd round.  I was just putting the injury news up there because it was emailed to me.  What I just couldn't understand last night is why the Bengals just let him blow by.  Everyone associated with the NFL, knew that first play was going to him...except the Bengals?  When you know what is coming, and you still don't stop it, that is terrible D!

951784[/snapback]

I look at it like it was PS and they played a vanilla zone D...and granted the Bengals D isn't all that good...but with TO out there...last night was an example of how many options he relieves when he is out there...it's either he kills you or Lewis, LJ, Westy, Brown or McNabb will burn you...

I look at it like it was PS and they played a vanilla zone D...and granted the Bengals D isn't all that good...but with TO out there...last night was an example of how many options he relieves when he is out there...it's either he kills you or Lewis, LJ, Westy, Brown or McNabb will burn you...

951789[/snapback]

I agree. I was just wondering how I was trying to rain on TO and his owners parade. To say I like the guy, that would be a lie. I love him as an NFL player though. I even like the end zone celebrations. But I just really thought the Bengals D was awful. I had a feeling that was going to happen though. All this talk about the Eagles not being on the same page. And now there will be all the talk about the Eagles are easily going back to the Super Bowl. It's gotta be easy to be in the media. You just go along with whatever is happening.

I agree.  I was just wondering how I was trying to rain on TO and his owners parade.  To say I like the guy, that would be a lie.  I love him as an NFL player though.  I even like the end zone celebrations.  But I just really thought the Bengals D was awful.  I had a feeling that was going to happen though.  All this talk about the Eagles not being on the same page.  And now there will be all the talk about the Eagles are easily going back to the Super Bowl.  It's gotta be easy to be in the media.  You just go along with whatever is happening.

951798[/snapback]

it just seemed like you were "hating" on him with the comments in the other post and now how you started this post...

When I saw the title I thought, "Even his groin is aggravated with him" :D

952051[/snapback]

The news is that T.O. groin has hired Drew Rosenhaus as it's agent, and it threatens to hold out this year unless it gets a new contract. Reportedly, T.O.'s groin is not bonding well with it's Eagles teamates, and it misses having Jeff Garcia around to play with.... :D

I at first was thrilled with how they (and he) played....but there is no way a team can go 16 games plus playoffs with the two top off. players not talking, and one of them just sitting by himself on the sideline - simply won't work over a full season. Hoping they can somehow get back to a decent relationship within the first few games and feel at least like it's not a bad thing if eveyrone stands together on the sidelines.

Anyone think that TO is malingering and that he is embellishing the severity of the injury to further his position in the contract demands?

952672[/snapback]

he's not...especially since he's playing for a contract after this year....

wonder why he's been so quiet?...you'd think the FO told him something... :D

Im not saying TO is gonna suck this year and I don't have any hatred towards TO.  I think he is a steal in every league that he slips past the 2nd round.

951784[/snapback]

I have plenty of hatred towards TO, but you're absolutely right. He's a gamer and plays his a$$ off when he's on the field.

I think that the injury is a way for the Eagles to let him skip events such as the carnival today, without it looking like they gave in.

Let the fans remember his performance the other night and not screw up this PR session at the carnival.

I think that the injury is a way for the Eagles to let him skip events such as the carnival today, without it looking like they gave in.

Let the fans remember his performance the other night and not screw up this PR session at the carnival.

953335[/snapback]

You are 100% correct he didn't hurt his groin at all. Just a PR move so he doesn't have to attend the carnival.