Sign in to follow this  
nhoops

Just Drafted

Hey All,

drafted today in my long time local, 10 team serpentine, redraft, standard scoring, passing TD's are 4 pnts. Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, D

(_) indicates draft round, had 5th pick

QB: Manning (1), Warner (12)

RB: Portis (2), A.Green (3), C.Martin (4), Benson (13), Suggs (15)

WR: S.Smith (5), Driver (6), TJ Housh (9), T.Williamson (10), McCardell (16)

TE: McMichael (7), B.Watson (14)

K:Akers (11)

D: NE (8), Colts (17)

really suprised that Martin dropped that far almost took him where I took Green, had to take him over D.Bennett, Ward.

Burelson went just ahead of me so I took Smith. Lelie went before me so I took Driver.

If Benson every signs and Suggs gets healthy my RB are sweet. I may need to trade some for a WR upgrade. WR went fast, some have 6 on their team.

WR on waiver wire are: Givens, McCareins, R.Williams, Calico, Glenn, Toommer, Caldwell etc.

Thanks for the input, I'll reply when I can.

Edited by nhoops

I don't care for Portis and if it were me I'd have taken either J.Lewis/Dillon over him. I would look to deal A.Green though for an upgrade in wr. Maybe shoot for the stars and hope that the TO owner is weak at rb. Green-TO? Or look for R.Wayne. Let's see some rosters so we can tweak your team :D

I really don't like the RB's...but they are mostly on a personal preference...

I'd end up packaging Manning with a back to a team that has a stud RB and stud WR with a decent QB like delhomme or somebody....

if qb's td's are 6 points and you get rewarded for yardage, DO NOT trade Manning. Keep him. But definitely work A.Green for an upgrade at wr. The Packers suck this year. Their defense is awful and Green has fumbilitis.

I don't care for Portis and if it were me I'd have taken either J.Lewis/Dillon over him.  I would look to deal A.Green though for an upgrade in wr. Maybe shoot for the stars and hope that the TO owner is weak at rb. Green-TO? Or look for R.Wayne. Let's see some rosters so we can tweak your team :D

953518[/snapback]

Lewis and Dillon were well gone when I took Portis, only other back was Rudi Johnson. Westbrook was there when I took Green. I think Green in the 3rd and Martin in the 4th are good value.

:D

I've been curious to see how "manning" first drafts would go for people. I think you did VERY well considering no RB in round 1. Portis/Green/Martin should be very solid given that you have a big difference maker at QB. Good job. Obviously your WR's hurt a little going qb early. I think Smith will be solid, but you could be wire scouring for production out of WR2. I'm not a big Driver fan, I actually like TJ more and you got him rounds later, good pick. McMichael will be a serviceable TE and your K/D situation is fine. Good luck, I think you did well with the 'manning' draft. A guy in my 10teamer last night had an AWFUL draft with Manning as his first pick.

I think you did well for grabbing Manning in the 1st. The RB's you have are decent, but a bit risky. I would stick with what you have right now.

Thanks for responding to my poll.

Thanks for the reply.

I think you fared well for taking Manning with 1.01.

Your RBs are not bad. Hopefully Suggs can get & stay healthy.

Your WR's could be better, but servicable. I'm not sold on Williamson (most rookies do not make a huge splash) and McCardell is getting old.

Was that Reggie Williams (JAX) or Roy Williams (DET)?

Reggie is having a great camp, hopefully that translates to the field (J.Smith) will not cut it this year (36yrs old). He will be good, but not like years past.

Caldwell should make a comeback this year, but he is returning from a major injury.

By mid-season Benson & Suggs should produce for you (Trade bait). Portis , A.Green & Martin should be fine until then.

Calico is sleeper canidate due to TEN sad defense. McNair or Volek should have to play catchup alot and injury prone RBs (Henry & Brown) does not help.

Toomer is still a #1, but a very green Manning throwing to him. Not sure yet if he favors Plax or Shockey over Toomer.

I would wait at least for week 1 to finish and reevaluate the league status.

Good Luck!

Drafted Manning first as well in my 12 team big money re-draft league last Sat.

I knew my pick for 24 hours and I really struggled between Manning and LT #1. Ultimately, my league's scoring rules (all td's 6-12 points depending on length, bonus pt for every 50 yds passing vs. 20 yds rushing and receiving) swayed me to take Manning.

However, doing so really pigeonholed my draft strategy. I prettymuch was forced to go RB/RB at picks 2.12 and 3.01, taking Steven Jackson and Curtis Martin in those slots (best that was left before rookies).

And then this meant I had to wait until 4.12 and 5.01 to get receivers, all of whom were middle tier guys...

My saving grace could have been M. Anderson in round 9!

For all you Manning First guys, my resulting team from a 12 team redraft selecting Manning first is listed as "League #1" below.

Manning will need to carry me.....

I've been curious to see how "manning" first drafts would go for people.  I think you did VERY well considering no RB in round 1.  Portis/Green/Martin should be very solid given that you have a big difference maker at QB.

956799[/snapback]

I agree you did well even for a 10 team. As someone above said your RBs are not my personal favorites, but I would be surprised if 2 of them didn't have good years. Too many owners passed on Martin, haven't seen him drop that far.

can't believe you got Green in 3rd and Martin in 4th is less beliievable. Nice draft.

can't believe you got Green in 3rd and Martin in 4th is less beliievable.  Nice draft.

957942[/snapback]

Which is why I waited on my WR....couldn't believe he fell.