[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cory Simon-restricted free agent

Liverlips

UNrestricted

953784[/snapback]

I was just going to post it...

Eagles remove franchise tag on Simon

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Eagles have withdrawn their franchise tag from defensive tackle Corey Simon, the club announced Sunday.

Simon now becomes an unrestricted free agent and can sign with any other team.

"We appreciate all that Corey has done for this organization over the last five years," Eagles head coach Andy Reid said. "With the great amount of depth and talent we have along the defensive line, we chose to give Corey an opportunity to sign with another team."

Not sure why people are so down on him...seems like a fairly good guy and a productive DT...remember he is not a DE...

Link

The Packers could use him....wonder how badly they are kicking themselves for giving into Franks, further tightening their cap

Not sure why people are so down on him...seems like a fairly good guy and a productive DT...remember he is not a DE...

Link

The Packers could use him....wonder how badly they are kicking themselves for giving into Franks, further tightening their cap

953839[/snapback]

he is a good guy...but he overvalues himself as a DT...he's a passrushing DT that barely led the DT's in sacks...and he stinks against the run...

Link

953839[/snapback]

He's obviously looking for a big payday, which would leave the Pack out of the race. And Franks' deal, according to this article, actually saved the Pack some cap room this season.

Yep, I'd rather hold out for a contract making me 3 times as rich as I'll ever need to be and not get it than face the insult of having to take one that makes me twice as rich as I'll ever need to be and get a chance to play pro ball for a contending team. :D

Free agent defensive tackle Corey Simon is now on the clock. And he is not expected to be on the clock long.

Simon's agents said they spoke with eight teams, including the Colts, Giants, Bengals, Packers, Bills and Seahawks.

The Colts' interest is intriguing on many fronts. Indianapolis head coach Tony Dungy would be able to deploy Simon in much the same way he used Warren Sapp in Tampa Bay. But the question becomes whether the cap-strapped Colts can afford Simon, who rejected a $12 million signing bonus from the Ravens during the offseason.

Simon is seeking enough money that the Ravens, who once really wanted Simon, admitted they will be unable to pay him what he wants now. And so Simon, who was released by the team, is seeking the best offer and best situation before deciding where to play.

A decision should be made by early next week, but to date no visits were scheduled. And none might be. Numbers will do the talking here, and Simon is vowing to be ready to play in the regular-season opener -- wherever that is.

Adam Schefter, NFL.com

I read somewhere that the Bengals are making a push for him. Further adding to the speculation that Warrick will be cut.

954469[/snapback]

Nice avatar. That's Greg Jones knocking Dexter Reid on his a$$ right? I watched that game with my in-laws(they're hugh Carolina fans), I couldn't stop laughing. All season the networks would sho that hit as a promo for college football. When Dexter Reid was drafted by the Patriots in the 4th round, that was the clip that Kiper played. Poor bastage can't get away from that clip. :D

The COLTS are interested. Cool.

Is there any chance they can afford this guy to sure up

a small and weak D-Line?!?

Could the Colts get that lucky? :D

Could Polian do it?  :D

Is it possible?

957795[/snapback]

2 words

cap hell