TonyMantana

Cadillac - Tampa Folks

So I picked up Cadillac as my RB4 and am hoping he can take over Curtis Martin as RB3. I have been looking into some local sports writers and it looks like Pittman will be the go to guy to start off the season. Is this what you are hearing or does it look like Cadillac might start right out of the gate. The main reason I ask is I was looking at ease of schedule for RBs and TB has the best match up of my 4 RBs in week one. So, to summarize my questions 1.) What do you think of Cadillac, 2) Will he start week 1? 3) Will he start the majority of TB's games this year?

Thanks

It was my understanding that Cadillac was the starter here, but maybe I am wrong. Does anyone else have any insight into this????

I'm not a homer but he is listed in the depth chart as the starter. Pittman is the backup.

Caddy is the starter, no question. Gruden likes him a lot, but has given him little time this preseason to protect him considering he's a rookie.

From what I understand, Cadillac will be starting. I'm sure there will be a learning curve once the "real" games start.

But if I had C. Martin as my 3rd RB...I'd be pretty happy.

I thought he was the starter when I drafted him, but I was checking out some local sports articles and it wasn't really clear. thats why I was hoping someone that really knows Tampa might chime in. All the fantasy world says he starts but the local papers are saying Pittman gets it, I'll go dig up the links and ad them as an edit later.

As far as C.Martin #3. I am in a 10teamer and there was a crazy QB/WR/TE run rounds 3-5 that I more or less sat out of (except for Andre w/ 4.08) and ended up with the following RBs: McAlister, WMcGahee, C. Martin, Cadillac, Suggs. We start a flex and it was my goal to be able to get three studs so I could start a solid 3 RBs each week. I eneded up with Hassle and Brooks at QB, not bad, but the guy with Duante has no RBs so we are talking trade. I am just trying to figure out if cadillac can fill the shoes at RB3 or RB2 for me if I trade for Culpepper. I think he wants McAlister, Hassle, and Roy W. for Duante, would you do it? (WR: Andre Johnson, Roy Williams, Kennison, Lee Evans, B. Lloyd, )

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not a Tampa homer, but I have read the same stuff on multiple site/articles...Caddy is the starter.

It is possible that Pittman will start week 1, but will split carries. I just read on MFL new articles that Pittman will also be a return man.

I have the #10 pick in a 12-team league, and I figure that my #3 RB is probably going to have to be one of the rookies. As I see it, the only satisfying option at the point is J.J. I like to draft players who are "The Man." I don't want to worry about them losing carries, competing for time, etc.

THere is uncertainty in some form surrounding Ronnie, Caddy, and Cedric. They may break out, they may not. J.J. seems to be "The Man" and is therefore the guy I'm taking.

As far as Caddy- Michael Pittman is a very quality player, who showed it last year. He played really well in the Superbowl, and because of these reasons I don't see Gruden just giving out 25 touches a game to a rookie. Even if he does become The Man, it may not be until mid-season, and hopefull J.J. will have 150 carries by then.

Ugh, It was between JJ and Caddy when I picked him and I had planned on JJ the whole time, just because I didn't think Caddy would be available. Williams was higher on all my lists, so I went against instinct and picked based on my print-outs. Now that I have him, I can defintely see Gruden using both backs effectively all season long, with no clear cut monster back. (But don't count out Shipp!)

If I can shop him for a solid WR3 I will. Otherwise, I have to hold onto him because he could become HUGE!! God I hate/love FF. Thanks for the replies, hopefully this i useful to others looking at Carnell.

Okay, last draft I passed on JJ for Caddy, tonight I passed on Caddy for JJ, a little hedge.

So revised post, who will be bigger, JJ or Caddy?

(edit: sp)

Edited by TonyMantana

JJ will be bigger this year because he is the main man in AZ right now. Caddy will have a great bust out year, I got him as well and feel great about him tearing it up. But I do agree that he will most likely be splitting carries with Pittman through the 1st quater of the season. Pittman is too valuable <when healthy> to be used a returner!

pittman wont be on waivers this year in anything but a 8 team league i would say.

Okay, last draft I passed on JJ for Caddy, tonight I passed on Caddy for JJ, a little hedge. 

So revised post, who will be bigger, JJ or Caddy?

(edit: sp)

960709[/snapback]

That is the question. The winner may be ROY.

Tampa backs get hurt all the time, because their offensive line sucks.

Pittman will gather alot of playing time again this year.

All coachspeak out of both TB and AZ have Cadillac and JJ as the starters. Now granted Pittman is talented and we would be ignorant to think that Gruden won't utilize both of these backs, but to think that JJ is gonna be the go to guy in ARZ all season is a bit off center.

Marcel Shipp is back from a horrendous injury last year and has looked extremely hungry in the pre-season. JJ appears to have a bit of a fumbling problem (much like Pittman) and hasn't looked so strong in the pre-season that Denny Green will just keep Shipp on the bench. Marcel was the starter last year over Emmitt, and after his injury, Emmitt tacked up close to a 1,000 yards. Shipp has skills and will spell JJ just like Pittman will spell Cadillac.

All in all, I believe both rookies have their starting jobs in pocket going into the season, but will share carries (to what extent, only time will tell). However, if either of them are not getting the job done, both TB and ARZ have veteran back-ups that can step in and tote the rock.

Edited by Fenokee

I think you have a great team (probably because I have many of the same players).

What Rb's are you starting in week 1?

For my second back I have Cadillac, Benson, and Willie Parker. I know I may be crazy but I am thinking about starting Parker in week 1. I think Duce and Bettis are both beat up.

Give me your starters please.

I think you have a great team (probably because I have many of the same players).

What Rb's are you starting in week 1?

For my second back I have Cadillac, Benson, and Willie Parker. I know I may be crazy but I am thinking about starting Parker in week 1. I think Duce and Bettis are both beat up.

Give me your starters please.

961776[/snapback]

Hassle/Brooks (Haven't decided)

Deuce, McGahee, Martin

Andre J, Roy W

D. Clark

Denver D

Stover

(I have W.Parker in another league and am thinking of starting him too)