[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hurricane katrina...

junta

I agree... the Saints moving, if not inevitable before, certainly appears more so now.

I know the NFL would like a team in LA, and they may very well get their wish. But I can't help but think that if the Saints have to leave the party of Bourbon Street and N'Awlins, the party of the RiverWalk in San Antone would be a natural change. And if I'm not mistaken, that is where their team owner made all us cash.

It's not the foremost issue at hand regarding the tragedy in New Orleans, certainly. But the team HAS to play on... for the sake of the city. They need something to cheer for right now. I agree with the post that said they'll be the Saints for this season (though not playing in New Orleans at all - or maybe one token, fund-raiser type game late in the season, is my guess). After that, it only makes sense that they would go elsewhere.

Well, I don't know about what they'll do with what's left of the city, but here's a pretty thourough - and grim - prognosis for the city of New Orleans in the coming years, which underscores many of the points I and others have made here. It looks like it will be many, many years, if ever, before the city is in any shape to support major-league sports again.

The Saints are still weighing their options for where to play this season, and surprise, surprise - the L.A. Coliseum is now one of the candidates being considered. Indeed, ESPN's Mark Kriedler seems to think playing in L.A. is a swell idea. Kriedler makes clear that he's only talking about this season, but he's not fooling anyone except maybe himself.

UPDATE: Now the Saints are denying that they're considering L.A. as a temporary home for this season. Of course that doesn't rule out an eventual permanent move there in another year or two...

Edited by Pack Mentality

I just heard on SportCenter that the mayor of San Antonio offered the Almo dome in an incentive package for the Saints to play all their games there this year and gaurenteed a sell out of 65,000 every game. They did not say what else was in the incentive package.