[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stop Rating Teams...

aaronvh

Personally, I enjoy them, but I can understand how people who don't can get very frustrated with all of the posts when they come over here to ask for and give lineup and trade advice.

960544[/snapback]

It's because any actual advice questions are buried in minutes in a sea of... "Just drafted, how'd I do" posts. It amazes me that someone who goes RB/RB/RB/WR/RB needs someone else to tell them their QB and WR's are weak.

If we could just get rid of all the insecure newbies who don't feel confident about the teams they just drafted moments earlier....

960634[/snapback]

I've never viewed asking for feedback on a draft as a lack of confidence. It's a good way to check your own assessment of strengths/weaknesses and trade opportunities vs. the knowledgeable set of owners on this board.

And going into my draft, I find it (sometimes) helpful to browse the rate my draft posts as a supplement to the published mock drafts and the draft tracker average results to get a likelihood on how long I can wait on certain players.

Moving it to its own forum this time of year is a great idea, though.

Aaronvh....I was just looking at your team in your sig and if you arent in a keeper league you need to find a new league to play in.  huh...Favre, McAllister, James, Johnson, Benson, Johnson, Walker, D. Jackson, S. Smith.  You drafted with idiots.  That can't be fun unless money is involved.

960538[/snapback]

Yes I did draft with a bunch of idiots this year. Even though it's the same group of guys from last year. Don't know how it happened. They were all drinking and I wasn't, maybe that had something to do with it.

And yes the money ususally gets to about 3 grand or so.

NICE!!

I like this idea. The huddle should have WDIS and RMT forums. DMD? FWIW, rate my team posts all read about the same. Where they have value (if any), is when you have the same draft slot and want to see how other drafts went. All rate my team post should contain the draft slot in the header.

960244[/snapback]

exactly...one main reason i posted mine, actually...leading up to my draft last night, i liked seeing drafts where guys chose in the #9 slot, helped give me an idea of who might be available if it was a similar league (# of teams, re-draft, scoring, etc.)

oh, and i also posted mine so hugh could rail against of jake plummer. :D

I've never viewed asking for feedback on a draft as a lack of confidence.  It's a good way to check your own assessment of strengths/weaknesses and trade opportunities vs. the knowledgeable set of owners on this board.

And going into my draft, I find it (sometimes) helpful to browse the rate my draft posts as a supplement to the published mock drafts and the draft tracker average results to get a likelihood on how long I can wait on certain players.

Moving it to its own forum this time of year is a great idea, though.

961286[/snapback]

:D 'Feedback' ... You want somebody to say you did good so you can get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

But the bottom line is that you ALREADY drafted your team and can't have a 'do over' if we all say your team sucks. They are a waste of band width.

And looking at them to see how your draft might go doesn't do any good unless you can see how the other teams in the league drafted and you think the owners in your league might draft in a similiar fashion.

How'd I do? I think i'm a shoe in for the Super Bowl myself:

QB: Timmay Rattay

RB: Ron Dayne

RB: Mike Alstott

WR: Dez White

WR: Rashaun Woods

WR: Peerless Price

TE: Ken Dilger

DT: Packers

PK: Conway

:D

961690[/snapback]

Ged rid of Dayne and White and pick up Maurice Clarett and Koren Robinson.

If we could just get rid of all the insecure newbies who don't feel confident about the teams they just drafted moments earlier....

960634[/snapback]

Oh, come now. There are a lot of folks who are real casual at this past time, new to it, or just plain suck. The vets around here are like mentors. And that's part of what makes the Huddle so cool: its more than just info, stats and projections. There's advice from people who know more than us, or at least people who have opinions worth hearing.

That said, I'm done rating teams for this year. :D

Edited by yo mama

Isnt that what this board is all about...asking for advice.  if you dont like the question, the dont respond!!!!  should be easy enough

961912[/snapback]

I have more tolerance for the people that actually put their own thoughts into their post. If thye will say here is the team I drafted, here are my thoughts on my strneghts and weaknesses, etc., then so be it. But, 95% of them do not have this, it is merely a cut and paste of a roster and someone looking for a pat on the head.

Same goes for the trade advice posts and starting lineup posts. If people would put some of their own thoughts into it, there would actually be something to gain from the posts, as it is, most people just post a couple of playr names, with no info on the league, and then people actually respond with a simple yes or no with no thoughts involved when it is impossible ot give any sort of advice with such a lack of information.

Isnt that what this board is all about...asking for advice.  if you dont like the question, the dont respond!!!!  should be easy enough

961912[/snapback]

Asking for advice about eminent decisions you have to make in regards to drafting, trading or starting lineups. So hopefully you can digest the advice given and make a better or more informed decision.

Asking how you did after a trade or how you did after a draft has no value. You are not getting advice to help with said trade or draft rather you want somebody to say 'good job'.

Asking how you did after a trade or how you did after a draft has no value.  You are not getting advice to help with said trade or draft rather you want somebody to say 'good job'. 

961937[/snapback]

Disagree to an extent. Others yet to draft can pick up bits and pieces of insight from a debate on how people view a particular owner's players/choices/rounds in which they were chosen, etc etc. Again, I point to my Plummer debate with Hugh....he thought my QB's sucked, and had reasons whhy; I thought I had sound reasoning taking Plummer in the 7th and McNair as my backup in the 11th based on what other QB's had been taken, what my team needs were, etc.. I wasn't looking for a post-draft pat on the head/validation because I knew I drafted a far from perfect team -- some good picks, some shaky ones -- but if I felt that I could defend a certain pick (i.e. Plummer) by explaining my reasoning at the time of the selection, it might help someone else out....either they'd say "hmmm, maybe I'll try that 'late QB' strategy?" or "he's out of his friggin mind, no way I'm doing that!"

Just don't open the RMT posts if they bug some of you. It's not a difficult concept.

Disagree to an extent. Others yet to draft can pick up bits and pieces of insight from a debate on how people view a particular owner's players/choices/rounds in which they were chosen, etc etc. Again, I point to my Plummer debate with Hugh....he thought my QB's sucked, and had reasons whhy; I thought I had sound reasoning taking Plummer in the 7th and McNair as my backup in the 11th based on what other QB's had been taken, what my team needs were, etc.. I wasn't looking for a post-draft pat on the head/validation because I knew I drafted a far from perfect team -- some good picks, some shaky ones -- but if I felt that I could defend a certain pick (i.e. Plummer) by explaining my reasoning at the time of the selection, it might help someone else out....either they'd say "hmmm, maybe I'll try that 'late QB' strategy?" or "he's out of his friggin mind, no way I'm doing that!"

Just don't open the RMT posts if they bug some of you. It's not a difficult concept.

961988[/snapback]

Here's a clue for you ... people don't post them so you can see how their particular draft went ... they post them because they want you to say 'good job'. Showing the results of your draft with insight on each of your selections would have the value you stated but simply saying here is the players I took how did I do does not.

Here's a clue for you ...

962033[/snapback]

:D Yeah, thanks.

Look, I agree witih you, and understand some people just post their 8-team drafts with Daunte, LT, Jamal, TO, Moss, Gates, Vinatieri, and Baltimore and expect everyone to be thrilled for their retarded selves. And that's useless. But when someone adds round drafted, and some explanation of the thought process behind why they chose which player/in which rounds, it might help someone. 'Tis all I'm saying.

(Cue Jerry McGuire) Blitz, let the Huddle help you....let the Huddle....help...you....

i wish i could post RMT, but i don't have a team. i just hang out of the BB and pick up on chicks who pretend to be dudes with really awesome FF teams.

maybe RMT means Rate My T*tties, i'd bet no one would mind Rating mother-jugs-a-plenty if there large gratuitous pictures insted of the little ones underneath the monikers

:D Yeah, thanks.

Look, I agree witih you, and understand some people just post their 8-team drafts with Daunte, LT, Jamal, TO, Moss, Gates, Vinatieri, and Baltimore and expect everyone to be thrilled for their retarded selves. And that's useless. But when someone adds round drafted, and some explanation of the thought process behind why they chose which player/in which rounds, it might help someone. 'Tis all I'm saying.

(Cue Jerry McGuire) Blitz, let the Huddle help you....let the Huddle....help...you....

962058[/snapback]

Pretty much agree with this. If a RMT forum was set up, these could be posting guidelines.

RMT doesn't really make any sense.

Like it has been said here time and time again. You already have your team, so who cares.

Now if you want to ask, who should I trade from the team I just drafted that is great.

Or "I think I am lacking at the WR position who would you trade to upgrade"

Things like that are great. But Hey look at my team isn't it great is silly.