[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best draft pick you've gotten

Randall

I mean the most undervalued based on where you got him-SLEEPER.

For me TJ Houshmandzadeh in the 9th round. In this league the last 6 weeks of last year he had the 5th  most points of all WR's.

965497[/snapback]

I got Donald Driver in his breakout season in the 15th round of an 18 round draft.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real question is why you didn't take him in the second.

I find this hard to believe.

966861[/snapback]

Went with Moss with the 1.10

Took Portis with the 2.2

I drafted and I still find it hard to believe myself!

For me TJ Houshmandzadeh in the 9th round. In this league the last 6 weeks of last year he had the 5th  most points of all WR's.

965497[/snapback]

I got Ashlie Lelie in the 11th round. Rod Smith went in the 13th.

I was surprised that TO fell to the 3.2 spot for me.

Got Portis at 2.11 and I thought he would be gone at the latest earlier in the 2nd.

I got Stephen Davis at 11.2 ... That is the one that really surprised me.

Without any doubt, last Sunday night drafted Mike Anderson w/ the 10th pick of the 10th round.  Have Tomlinson, Westbrook, Martin, Larry Johnson (6th round steal) and Mike Anderson in a PPR league.  Now I'm just holding out for the possible trade offers (already was offered Horn or Trent Green for Curtis Martin, still pondering my next move).

BTW, Tatum Bell taken w/ the 9th pick of the 4th round, DOH!

966816[/snapback]

Oh look it's Schleprock ... recinded any trade offers lately?

8-9 years ago, I got Antonio Freeman in his breakout year as my 16th (last) pick in our draft. I can't remember if it was 96 or 97, but it was his first big year with the Packers. He powered me through the playoffs with a 175 yard 3 TD game that allowed me to win after Marshall Faulk had got 120 yards and 2 TDs for my opponent.

Honorable mention was when (in perhaps the same year) I got Terrell Davis in his second season with the Broncos as a 4th round pick.

Finally a year when it all came together. I am in a 8 team league which I had the #2 pick. Here are my top 7, in order.

Manning

McGahee

Gonzo (pts favor TE)

Dillon

Tiki

JJ Arrington

Darrell Jackson

WR's are my weak spot since I waited but still added L Coles & J Porter

Still got Pitt Def & Wilkens/Stover for kicker and picked up Farve in the 11 round for a nice backup to Manning.

Everyone has a decent team in an 8 team draft, but I cannot believe who I got with my first 7 picks. Toughest part this year will be deciding who to start! :D

Edited by slanderson98

965497[/snapback]

In a 12 team performance league with +1 on receptions. R. Moss fell to 2.11. Thought that was nice. Same draft I stoled D. Branch @ 10.11 (didn't even need want another WR)

First year in fantasy football was Randy Moss's rookie year. Drafted him in the third or fourth round and was nearly laughed out of the room. Later drafted Fred Taylor in the next to the last round of the draft.

Two weeks later, James Stewart, the starting tailback for J'ville, tore up his knee and was lost for the year. Taylor took over and never looked back. Both he and Moss scored 16 or 17 TDs that year, leading me to the championship.

How sweet it was.

Only other pick that was even remotely close was picking Clinton Portis (in his rookie year) off of the waiver wire in week 4 or 5 after his frustrated owner (who drafted him in the 4th round) dropped him. Snatched him up and watched him tear it up down the stretch.

Edited by gijunky