[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Williams

Steelhead

during training camp I heard Reggie Williams was tearing it up, but I haven't heard anything during the preseason. Can anyone provide some input as to how he looks? I've got to choose 2 WRs of Reggie Williams, Engram, and Colbert. Colbert's in. Reggie is a #2 same as Engram but he's younger yet Engram is in a better offense although Alexander is a TD hawk. Colbert and Reggie both have the same bye week, but none of my starters have that same bye week.

Any input on Reggie and opinions is greatly appreciated.

I'm not a homer but in watching him he has improved and had a good camp, but needs to improve.

His route running isn't great and he needs to improve there. I have him as a sleeper pick but think Engram would probably be a safer pick. Reggie has more upside though.

I think Leftwich and the Jaguars will have a good year, but there is risk there.

Anyone slse?

From Team Reports on the Huddle's main page.

"HOT TOPIC

They gave a sneak preview in their final preseason game when the first string offense had just six snaps but scored a touchdown when Byron Leftwich threw a 33-yard pass to Ernest Wilford and a 14-yard touchdown pass to Reggie Williams.

Two plays and a touchdown. The Jaguars want to see more of that this year.

"I think the positive for me is we have talked about wanting the ability to be a quick strike offense," coach Jack Del Rio said. "The last two years, even though we haven't generated a lot of points, we have been able to drive on people and methodically go down (on) 14, 15 play drives, but it's just hard to do that. If that's all you can do, it makes it very difficult to sore.

"We would like to be able to strike quickly. You saw that tonight with that two-play drive, a big pass to Ernest, a big pass to Reggie. This is what we are looking to have as part of our attack this year."

The team's inability to score quickly last year cost offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave his job.

Carl Smith was brought in but didn't get immediate results. The first team offense scored just two touchdowns in the preseason.

But both were set up by long passes -- the pass to Wilford against Dallas and a 48-yard pass to Matt Jones in the third game.

Now the question is whether the team can do it in the regular season, especially since the team didn't make many changes in the offseason....

WR Reggie Williams: The ninth pick in the draft in 2004, he was a virtual bust with just 27 catches. The Jaguars expect him to rebound this year. He has a confident attitude. When he was asked if he should remain the starter, he said, "Is the sky blue?" He did catch a touchdown pass in the final preseason game, but needs a big season. He's still having problems running precise routes."