[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Server issues

NSab

Yep. And I know this isn't news Mr. Dorey and Mr. Walters, but this is NOT good for business. I'm one of the regular huddlers who loves this site, and, as a result will certainly be more forgiving, and I'm about ready to stop using the boards until this is resolved.

If you guys get the reputation for being the site where the message boards suck it's going to take a LONG time to past that reputation.

I know I'm stating the obvious, and I know you probably don't want to hear it, but this is not good for you guys, regardless of who's responsible.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. And I know this isn't news Mr. Dorey and Mr. Walters, but this is NOT good for business. I'm one of the regular huddlers who loves this site, and, as a result will certainly be more forgiving, and I'm about ready to stop using the boards until this is resolved.

If you guys get the reputation for being the site where the message boards suck it's going to take a LONG time to past that reputation.

I know I'm stating the obvious, and I know you probably don't want to hear it, but this is not good for you guys, regardless of who's responsible.

984797[/snapback]

Please Listen to him, I resemble this remark!

Edited by NSab

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Too many connections (Line: 120 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

mySQL error: Too many connections

mySQL error code:

Date: Monday 12th of September 2005 05:49:10 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect(): Too many connections (Line: 120 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

mySQL error code:

Date: Monday 12th of September 2005 05:49:10 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience

985425[/snapback]

I have been getting that error message for 2 freaking weeks now!

I'm not kissin' ass here (If you REALLY knew me you'd agree), and YES I'm as frustrated by the downage as much as anyone, but pushin' DMD & WW's nose in the poo ain't helpin' any more than it would help in dog training. Probably a poor analogy, but hey, that's the best I could come up with. Questions:

1) Do you really think THE HUDDLE isn't tryin' to fix the problem?

2) Do you really think that they don't know it's pissin' people off?

3) I think Grits made a comment about workin' w/ providers. Hell, it takes 2 weeks just to convince them that there is a problem, I've been there, done that. And when you do, You take a number and wait for service.

4) This is DMD's and WW's livelyhood. Do you really think they suckered all 10K of us in and are gonna orphan us? I think not!

All this pissin' and moan'in ain't helpin'. I think they got the message. So, PLEASE, let's all just sit on our fingers and wait for the announcement that all is well. I think it's short coming.

Go ahead and blast me, dammit, but I don't care. If this costs me a friendship or 10, then so be it! And I am NOT tryin' to make any previous posters look bad. I love this place and feel that the powers that be are workin' hard to correct it. 'Nuff said.

Edited by rocknrobn26

Not trying to bust balls, just that I have rented servers for several years and if there is a problem, I have been able to get it resolved or get another server within 24 hrs. If Invision is so big and has all these high profile customers maybe they don't pay as much attention to the smaller guys. The sqeaky grease gets the oil, that's all.

Not trying to bust balls, just that I have rented servers for several years and if there is a problem, I have been able to get it resolved or get another server within 24 hrs. If Invision is so big and has all these high profile customers maybe they don't pay as much attention to the smaller guys. The sqeaky grease gets the oil, that's all.

985924[/snapback]

True! Just hopin' our wheels squeek more that the rest.

Edit for:

I'm not bustin' anyone's balls either. I guess I just empathize w/ DMD/WW's problem. Been there done that. And HELL is not after death. Not sure where they are on the food chain, but I am also sure they are doin' they're best.

Edited by rocknrobn26
I'm not kissin' ass here (If you REALLY knew me you'd agree), and YES I'm as frustrated by the downage as much as anyone, but pushin' DMD & WW's nose in the poo ain't helpin' any more than it would help in dog training. Probably a poor analogy, but hey, that's the best I could come up with.  Questions:

3) I think Grits made a comment about workin' w/ providers.  Hell, it takes 2 weeks just to convince them that there is a problem, I've been there, done that.  And when you do, You take a number and wait for service. 

4) This is DMD's and WW's livelyhood.  Do you really think they suckered all 10K of us in and are gonna orphan us?  I think not!

All this pissin' and moan'in ain't helpin'.  I think they got the message.  So, PLEASE, let's all just sit on our fingers and wait for the announcement that all is well.  I think it's short coming.

Go ahead and blast me, dammit, but I don't care.  If this costs me a friendship or 10, then so be it!  And I am NOT tryin' to make any previous posters look bad. I love this place and feel that the powers that be are workin' hard to correct it.  'Nuff said.

985491[/snapback]

:D I've had to deal with issues like these so many times. This one really seems to point at itself - the DB is set to limit connections, or that error message is being triggered by a server timeout. I deal with contracts in the millions, and any vendor that hadn't fixed their chit by now would be an ex-vendor eventually. That said, the boards can't just be picked up and moved. Sure, you can re-contract with a new vendor, but that takes time.

I'm not kissin' ass here (If you REALLY knew me you'd agree), and YES I'm as frustrated by the downage as much as anyone, but pushin' DMD & WW's nose in the poo ain't helpin' any more than it would help in dog training. Probably a poor analogy, but hey, that's the best I could come up with.  Questions:

3) I think Grits made a comment about workin' w/ providers.  Hell, it takes 2 weeks just to convince them that there is a problem, I've been there, done that.  And when you do, You take a number and wait for service. 

4) This is DMD's and WW's livelyhood.  Do you really think they suckered all 10K of us in and are gonna orphan us?  I think not!

All this pissin' and moan'in ain't helpin'.  I think they got the message.  So, PLEASE, let's all just sit on our fingers and wait for the announcement that all is well.  I think it's short coming.

Go ahead and blast me, dammit, but I don't care.  If this costs me a friendship or 10, then so be it!  And I am NOT tryin' to make any previous posters look bad. I love this place and feel that the powers that be are workin' hard to correct it.  'Nuff said.

985491[/snapback]

i hear ya, but here's the deal...we're clients of DMD and WW, and they're clients of fubar webhosting or whatever. we're not clients of fubar, so we can't really b*tch at them. to the extent we feel the need to b*tch, the huddle folks are the only ones we have to b*tch at. i'm sure DMD and WW understand this.

either way, i'm sure we'd ALL just like to see the chit FIXED :D:D

What'd I do? :D

987090[/snapback]

Nothin'! my post was intended to just give a wait and see attitude. As I said before, I'm not pickin' on the previous posts, just stating that dailly reminders ain't helping, as I'm sure WW/DMD are trying to solve the problem the best they can. I intended no insults, just a 'be cool' attitude. :D

Love ya Hugh!

xxxooxxx :D

mySQL error code:

Date: Tuesday 13th of September 2005 08:17:41 PM

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

:D

Is everyone still having issues w/ the site? I was, up until I had enough with Internet Explorer (screwwing up on ESPN.com was the last straw) and downloaded Firefox. I am now FLYING through the internet, and The Huddle is 100% good to go. Could be a coincidence, but I am officially very, VERY impressed w/ Firefox.

Nothin'!  my post was intended to just give a wait and see attitude.  As I said before, I'm not pickin' on the previous posts, just stating that dailly reminders ain't helping, as I'm sure WW/DMD are trying to solve the problem the best they can.  I intended no insults, just a 'be cool' attitude. :D

Love ya Hugh!

xxxooxxx :D

987989[/snapback]

I actually responded to your post, but it was deleted. That's why I was asking what I did. I certainly don't think my post was controversial. Besides, with the boards being so messed up, you'd think the admins might show a little leniency with the censorship. :D

:D

Is everyone still having issues w/ the site?  I was, up until I had enough with Internet Explorer (screwwing up on ESPN.com was the last straw) and downloaded Firefox.  I am now FLYING through the internet, and The Huddle is 100% good to go.  Could be a coincidence, but I am officially very, VERY impressed w/ Firefox.

988531[/snapback]

I haven't had any problems since I complained yesterday before lunch. :knocksonwood:

I haven't had any problems since I complained yesterday before lunch. :knocksonwood:

988614[/snapback]

Nah. It crapped out twice last night between 7 and 9pm MST. Other sites were loading fine but the Huddle mb was giving me the SQL errors, and then not finding the server at all.

I actually responded to your post, but it was deleted. That's why I was asking what I did. I certainly don't think my post was controversial. Besides, with the boards being so messed up, you'd think the admins might show a little leniency with the censorship. :D

988613[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw it and now it's gone. Ya gotta watch those words w/ *'s. :D

Crapped out again today.

Here's what I think is happening (as if anyone cares):

The first symptom is that the system starts running slow. Searches don't complete, and requests, new posts and replies take forever to process.

Then, the SQL server starts refusing connections. That's when you get that SQL error screen. I imagine you have plenty of load to handle SQL requests, so I'm assuming that the whole SQL system is crashing.

Then, the server cannot be found, and your browser gives you "cannot connect to forums.thehuddle.com". My guess is that at this point, the server is actually rebooting, which is why the DNS servers can't find it.

So... the database slows down and then crashes... and then to fix it, Invision is rebooting the machine (or it is automatically rebooting). This is happening several times a day.

What are they doing to correct this? Or are they just figuring that it will resolve itself once the first few weeks of the season are over (or people finally give up on coming back to the forums)?

Edited by AtomicCEO

About 5 times in the last hour. Very frustrating when trying to mass-answer questions to my loyal fans in the Advice Forum.

I'm going to shut down my posts over there, do you fine admins have any idea when these momos at Invision might have this resolved? I can only imagine how frustrated you guys are.

Edited by Hugh 0ne