[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Crock Pot is bigger than your Crock Pot

Chief Dick

Heading to Costco in a minute to grab a 15-18 pound brisket. Also will grab 6 slabs of baby back ribs. Getting ready for Sunday.

Going to inject the brisket with a garlic oil mixed with some cayenne pepper. Then I'll use a dry rub over the outside and put the whole thing in a plastic bag overnight. I'm going to smoke it Saturday since it will take about 15-18 hours. 220 degrees and I'll use a mix of hickory and apple wood. Maybe a little mulberry thrown in.

On Sunday morning we'll fire up the smoker for the babybacks. They only take about 4 hours, so they will be ready for the late games. I'll use a dry rub on them.

Of course there will be beer involved, and then the games.

55" HDTV. Two smaller 20" TV's, all three hooked up with their own Direct TV receiver. The main TV has the all high def package Direct TV offers.

A joyous day, to be sure.

What you cookin', especially you PantherDave. I know that crock pot will be humming.

Heading to Costco in a minute to grab a 15-18 pound brisket. Also will grab 6 slabs of baby back ribs. Getting ready for Sunday.

Going to inject the brisket with a garlic oil mixed with some cayenne pepper. Then I'll use a dry rub over the outside and put the whole thing in a plastic bag overnight. I'm going to smoke it Saturday since it will take about 15-18 hours. 220 degrees and I'll use a mix of hickory and apple wood. Maybe a little mulberry thrown in.

On Sunday morning we'll fire up the smoker for the babybacks. They only take about 4 hours, so they will be ready for the late games. I'll use a dry rub on them.

55" HDTV. Two smaller 20" TV's, all three hooked up with their own Direct TV receiver. The main TV has the all high def package Direct TV offers.

What you cookin', especially you PantherDave. I know that crock pot will be humming.

978866[/snapback]

I hate it/love it when you do this. :mustgetsmokersoon: :D

Enjoy! :D

My network game on the 13 inch black and white with tinfoil rabbit ears and the Swansons Turkey Dinner are lookin' pretty bleak now.

But I popped for the Hungry Man and get the Cherry Cobler.

:D

978974[/snapback]

Holy cow, that is completely depressing - are you in prison?? Which one, and what are you in for? I guess the party is not at your place then...

978866[/snapback]

Can I come? Man that sounds awesome. :D

978866[/snapback]

Now thats doing it right. Sounds awesome. Do you make your own dry rub for them? Even though I did them last week, I'll be doing another crawfish boil on Sunday....and drinking plenty of good beer.

Now thats doing it right.  Sounds awesome.  Do you make your own dry rub for them?  Even though I did them last week, I'll be doing another crawfish boil on Sunday....and drinking plenty of good beer.

979325[/snapback]

Yeah, I mix a little of this, a little of that.

Mainly paprika, pepper, sea salt, little bit of sugar, cayenne pepper, allspice, few other little things.

Yeah, I mix a little of this, a little of that.

Mainly paprika, pepper, sea salt, little bit of sugar, cayenne pepper, allspice, few other little things.

979330[/snapback]

Truly an artist at work on the grill. Simple, yet easy things that make the BBQ all the better. Can only *drool* at the possibilities. :D

Myself? I wanna do some brats. But then again...i have access to free food from the craziest pasta making place on the planet http://www.pappardellespasta.com/ . I may make a sauce and just gorge myself with ravioli all day long.

:D

Edited by snakebyte

978866[/snapback]

Ah, yes the crockpot will be working it's magic, and the fare will be a very hearty seafood stew recipe that I have uncovered. The works- fish,scallops,shrimp, mussels(still in shell), stone crab claws, taters, maters, carrotts, onion, green pepper...man I'm looking forward to it!!!! Also, going to have some french bread to dip into it.

Yes..Yes...the greatest slice of Americana has returned another season anew is here :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ah, yes the crockpot will be working it's magic, and the fare will be a very hearty seafood stew recipe that I have uncovered. The works- fish,scallops,shrimp, mussels(still in shell), stone crab claws, taters, maters, carrotts, onion, green pepper...man I'm looking forward to it!!!! Also, going to have some french bread to dip into it.

Yes..Yes...the greatest slice of Americana has returned another season anew is here  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

979356[/snapback]

I was wondering when you were going to show up.

I hope your crockpot is as big as a VW Bug. :D

Have I just entered the "Iron Chef" chat room? I can only prepare 2 main courses, but I've got 3 on my roster. The ribs are a no-brainer, but do I bench hot wings in favor of brats in week 1? Last season my hot wings went down in week 8 with a bad case of diarrhea, so I am leaning towards the brats. And can't decide between potato or macaroni salad for the side dish.

Get your credit card out!  I'm looking at purchasing one of these for myself! :D

979400[/snapback]

If you're going to get your credit card out and you wish to buy a smoker/grill, I recommend you purchase what God himself actually uses:

http://www.biggreenegg.com/index.php?optio...ntpage&Itemid=1

Have I just entered the "Iron Chef" chat room?  I can only prepare 2 main courses, but I've got 3 on my roster.  The ribs are a no-brainer, but do I bench hot wings in favor of brats in week 1?  Last season my hot wings went down in week 8 with a bad case of diarrhea, so I am leaning towards the brats.  And can't decide between potato or macaroni salad for the side dish.

979740[/snapback]

I say screw your rules, make all three.