Sign in to follow this  
chinatown dragons

caddy splitting time?

alright got some good feedback as to whether or not leave D Jax in..thanks everyone....now, with Gruden stating that Pittman and Caddy will both be used, do i go with

Favre

Edge

Deuce

Jackson

S Smith

and leave Caddy on bench, and put in Bruce or TJ Housh, or does Caddy have more upside than Bruce and Housh? I also got Crumpler on bench....

Thanks....!!!!

Have you read somewhere where Gruden said they will be splitting time? Link? With that said I think Caddy still is worth more than any of the others excpet maybe Bruce because of the ST offense. Wouldn't play the other two over Caddy though. I think pittman will mainly be used on 3rd downs whcih will limit Caddy but not that much.

Caddy is the main man. Pittman is playing fullback. Lining up "everywhere" in the offense. He knows he won't be running the ball much. He is playing as a blocker and a pass catcher. Caddy will be the runner on this offense, and he'll do it well

Cowboy Killa basically said it. There was a post about this earlier with a link. Check it out if you want, but Caddy is the "starter" and will do well this week and this season.

Thanks, everyone. Per the news on main page of The Huddle, looks like Pittman could be used a little more than a fullback to begin with:

Michael Pittman - RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 09/09/05

The St. Petersburg Times reports RBs Michael Pittman and rookie Carnell Williams will be featured in what is being called the "Rocket" backfield by head coach John Gruden this year. The formation, which has been kept under wraps during the preseason, will feature Pittman primarily lining up as the fullback and Williams at halfback. "Both of us are going to be on the field at the same time, with me playing fullback, and tailback and reciver and tight end," Pittman said. "I'll be able to line up anywhere. I can't give away too much. But I'm on the field, and catching the ball is as just as good as running the ball to me."

Huddle Up: Hmmm...seems like Pittman will retain some fantasy value after all. In many drafts where running backs fly off the board early, Pittman is a crafty selection toward the latter rounds to provide quality depth to your squad since he will still get meaningful playing time this season and has a nice upside should Cadillac struggle with injuries.