[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

willie parker

hooknladder

Sep 9 Running back Duce Staley was downgraded from questionable to doubtful for Sunday's season opener against the Titans. He took a few reps with the Steelers' first-team offense during Thursday's practice, but Willie Parker received most of the work with the first unit. Jerome Bettis did not practice at all.

Views: Bettis has already been ruled out, and with Staley now doubtful it's clear Parker will receive the bulk of the workload against the Titans. Considering that Steeler backs were the most productive unit in the league last year, and Tennessee's defense is a mere shell of its former top-ranked self following two years of salary cap purges, Parker is a dynamite week-one fantasy play.

just drafted 2 days ago. 8 man league...probably more competitive than yours. :D

979162[/snapback]

We've been talkin' about this guy for weeks. We know the potential. Either he was picked up on ww (which I did) or drafted late in drafts. and what is ...probably more competitive than yours. What kind of comment is that?

before you quote me, observe old Randy started the hostilities. One of my leagues is an 8 man IDP...so your limited with the number of picks you have and you have to submit a DEF roster...can't always afford to draft every back-up RB. In an 8 man league you don't draft every RB in the league- theres not enough picks and your 2nd RB is generally more potent than a back-up, i.e. Tiki Barber or Barlow. ( I should'nt have to explain because I told you it was a 8 man league.) (with IDP and limited FA)

As for "killing them", that is a 10 team league I just joined, (OFF only)

...sice you asked-

1.Tomlinson

2.J.Jones

3.Holt

4.Gates

5.Horn

6.Anderson (DEN)

7.Hasselback

8.Harrington

9.Barlow

10.ATL

11.Carr

12.Edwards

13. T.J. Housh (CIN)

14.SD

15. Pollrad

16. Lindell

17. Brown

-I'd say that's killing them smart guy.

This forum used to be a place where you could make an observation and have some friendly chat. Now it's a race for dick-heads to see who can post a "that's so obvius-type comment. Anybody can make someones post seem stupid or arrogant,-it's not that tough to do. so, grow up...if you don't like my observation just ignore it. You guys are so knowledgeable I'm sure nothing can be posted you don't already know.

FWIW:

I am in a 10 team league,our 9th season, we drafts 20 rounds. We drafted on August 28. At the time it wasnt obvious he was a guy that should be taken.

I got him in round 15 and really only one guy knew who he was. At the time I was looking for some RB's to take a flyer on becuase I felt I needed to.

What caught my eye was watching him perform in a preseason game and watching Bus limp off the field, if not for watching that game the day before our draft I probably wouldnt have drafted him and he may have gone undrafted in our league.

Depending on the size of a league's roster, the number of teams in the league, when they drafted, and their starting requirements he may still be available in some leagues!

Edited by RussMan

again...are you in any 8 team, IDP with limited FA?-doubtful.

not to worry...I'll keep an eye on all your very useful posts.

979535[/snapback]

:D

What does that have to do with anything? You just said you made room for him on your roster. The rest of us did that weeks ago.

and 8 man leagues are a joke ... it's all luck no skill

pssst .... don't tell anybody I told you ... but you should snap up that LT guy. He is the starting RB for SD and could have a pretty good year. I know, I know you are only an 8 man league so nobody probably had room for LT ... everybody wanted to hang on to their Drew Bledsoes, Kyle Bollers, Ike Hilliards and the like.

You heard it here first!

pssst .... don't tell anybody I told you ... but you should snap up that LT guy.  He is the starting RB for SD and could have a pretty good year.  I know, I know you are only an 8 man league so nobody probably had room for LT ... everybody wanted to hang on to their Drew Bledsoes, Kyle Bollers, Ike Hilliards and the like.

You heard it here first!

979573[/snapback]

You're a fool. Everyone knows Sproles will take over by week 4, if not earlier!

You have chosen to ignore hooknladder. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder hooknladder

Browns Fan :D

Dude, after reading several of your posts, you are clearly an a$$hat.

Hook,

The reason you got replies like you did is not the info you provided, but when you provided it. I agree, Parker will be a fantastic RB to start this week, and may even outscore a handful of the top studs. Hell, if he runs well on Sunday, Cowher might decide Duce still needs healing time and start Parker vs Houston next week. I think week 3 is where we really will see if Parker is "the man". If he can hold onto the starting role and have a decent game vs a fine New England defense, then Duce may need to start worrying. But until then, Willie is only a RB holding someone's starting position temporarily. Had you posted this before Duce went under the knife, or before Jerome limped off the field, you would've gotten a different response. But to clue everyone in on the fact that a Pittsburgh Steeler starting RB may be a good pickup after the entire FFL community knows it, you had to expect the heckling you got.

Hook,

The reason you got replies like you did is not the info you provided, but when you provided it.  I agree, Parker will be a fantastic RB to start this week, and may even outscore a handful of the top studs.  Hell, if he runs well on Sunday, Cowher might decide Duce still needs healing time and start Parker vs Houston next week.  I think week 3 is where we really will see if Parker is "the man".  If he can hold onto the starting role and have a decent game vs a fine New England defense, then Duce may need to start worrying.  But until then, Willie is only a RB holding someone's starting position temporarily.  Had you posted this before Duce went under the knife, or before Jerome limped off the field, you would've gotten a different response.  But to clue everyone in on the fact that a Pittsburgh Steeler starting RB may be a good pickup after the entire FFL community knows it, you had to expect the heckling you got.

979735[/snapback]

Absolutely, Parker may just be a 1 or 2 week fil in. He looks good this week because the Titans D has fallen significantly. But then he could be another Barry Foster and keep the job. He did look good last year against the Bills in a game they had to have and they were a top D so who knows.

I'm starting him as a flex this week. Next week maybe not.