[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts-Ravens thoughts

Glabra

Guest THEbigred

Once again Sanders is an overrated CB....only this time it's not even as a starting CB. lol. I did actually see him make a tackle though, which is amazing.

That was a great game IMO, the first half esp - was like watching two heavyweights duking it out, strength on strength. Hard to believe how much fun a 3-0 half was, but it was. Other random thoughts:

- EJ isn't the fastest or strongest, but he remains one of the smartest RBs in the game, ie makes the most of what the D gives him. Solid game vs a great D IMO.

- The Colts act like they have a D? wt flip??? Gotta love it though.

- Boller is pathetic. You know it's bad when Wright shows you up. lol.

- As I've said all year, D Clark is an overrated wuss.

- What in TF was up with that Colts' possession near the end? Instead of continuing to mix it up to kill the clock, they run up the middle for nothing.....then suddenly Manning makes a pathetic half-hindquarter attempt at a bomb. ??????

- Freeney makes Ogden look bad again. Gotta love that too. :D

- What in TF was up with that Colts' possession near the end?  Instead of continuing to mix it up to kill the clock, they run up the middle for nothing.....then suddenly Manning makes a pathetic half-hindquarter attempt at a bomb.  ??????

985825[/snapback]

Up 24-0 and trying to kneel on the ball, the Ravens called two time-outs. Kinda bush league. If you remember, Manning could have gone for the TD record against the Ravens in Indy last year, but kneeled on the ball. They wanted the same respect from the Ravens. Game was over, so why call timeouts? Colts were pissed so they went for the TD. I wish they'd have caught it.

Billick says they were trying to get Wright more work. :D

Up 24-0 and trying to kneel on the ball, the Ravens called two time-outs.  Kinda bush league.  If you remember, Manning could have gone for the TD record against the Ravens in Indy last year, but kneeled on the ball.  They wanted the same respect from the Ravens.  Game was over, so why call timeouts?  Colts were pissed so they went for the TD.  I wish they'd have caught it.

Billick says they were trying to get Wright more work.  :D

985920[/snapback]

Glad you mentioned this, Captain. IMO, the Ravens looked like total chumps for calling the timeouts and I absolutely loved Manning's reaction. Threw the ball in the endzone(not close enough to be caught or picked, but close enough to get the point across, IMO). I thought it was a good move on PM's part and a great way to say "f*** off" but still be a class act. :D

Up 24-0 and trying to kneel on the ball, the Ravens called two time-outs.  Kinda bush league.  If you remember, Manning could have gone for the TD record against the Ravens in Indy last year, but kneeled on the ball.  They wanted the same respect from the Ravens.  Game was over, so why call timeouts?  Colts were pissed so they went for the TD.  I wish they'd have caught it.

Billick says they were trying to get Wright more work.  :D

985920[/snapback]

per the Baltimore Sun:

"[Dungy] said he understood totally now, given the length of Kyle's injury and understanding Anthony's situation having been out a year," Billick said. "He needed the reps. I wanted to get as many viable snaps, game snaps with Anthony Wright as I could."

The guy has not played in a real game in well over a year. I can see your point though.

per the Baltimore Sun:

"[Dungy] said he understood totally now, given the length of Kyle's injury and understanding Anthony's situation having been out a year," Billick said. "He needed the reps. I wanted to get as many viable snaps, game snaps with Anthony Wright as I could."

The guy has not played in a real game in well over a year.  I can see your point though.

986384[/snapback]

That was still a bush league move. Billick should know better than that. :D

That was still a bush league move.  Billick should know better than that.  :D

986485[/snapback]

Uh, we have to use Ant-ny Wright at QB now, and we just got beeotch slapped on nation TV. Give us a break on wanting to get Wright some reps. Manning got away with an obvious grounding call in the 1st, but no one is going off about things like that.

I think the game was closer than score indicated, but Indy did the right thing and kicked us once they had us down. Reed and McAllister both dropped ints, McAllisters would have give us a 7-0 edge.

Uh, we have to use Ant-ny Wright at QB now, and we just got beeotch slapped on nation TV.  Give us a break on wanting to get Wright some reps.  Manning got away with an obvious grounding call in the 1st, but no one is going off about things like that.

I think the game was closer than score indicated, but Indy did the right thing and kicked us once they had us down.  Reed and McAllister both dropped ints, McAllisters would have give us a 7-0 edge.

987643[/snapback]

Sheesh. If Stover had just converted on his 3 field goals it would have been a different game.

Give us a break on wanting to get Wright some reps.

987643[/snapback]

Yeah, he's gonna need to get used to playing down by 24 against a prevent defense. :D

Manning got away with an obvious grounding call in the 1st, but no one is going off about things like that.

987643[/snapback]

:D

Reed and McAllister both dropped ints, McAllisters would have give us a 7-0 edge.

987643[/snapback]

Yeah, and Donald Strickland dropped one as well. And Manning missed Marvin on a blown assignment. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, didn't.

I have the Colts defense in 3 of 6 leagues. I didn't feel real good about them. Then they signed Corey Simon and I felt a little better. Now I feel a whole lot better.

983569[/snapback]

hate to let facts get in the way of a good discussion, but the Colts' pass D is...

ranked 31st in NFL

...after one week--and they faced Boller and Wright... :D

Edited by skinpig

Guest THEbigred
Glad you mentioned this, Captain. IMO, the Ravens looked like total chumps for calling the timeouts and I absolutely loved Manning's reaction. Threw the ball in the endzone(not close enough to be caught or picked, but close enough to get the point across, IMO). I thought it was a good move on PM's part and a great way to say "f*** off" but still be a class act.  :D

986128[/snapback]

Excellent 'splaining, thx gents. Dungy is either a moron or a limp-wristed PC wuss if he buys that lame explanation though - in fact lol @ expecting respect from a team which can't even spell it, let alone grasp it or agree with the entire concept.

And speaking of ghetto, someone needs to beeotch slap Jason David for that gay Sanders-like no-class jig in the end zone. You play for the Colts, not the Ravens or cowboys, you moron. Grow up or go elsewhere.

Edited by THEbigred

And speaking of ghetto, someone needs to beeotch slap Jason David for that gay Sanders-like no-class jig in the end zone.

988114[/snapback]

:D IT WAS CATO JUNE

:D I'm beginning to wonder how big a Colts fan you really are.

Edited by CaptainHook

hate to let facts get in the way of a good discussion, but the Colts' pass D is...

ranked 3st in NFL

...after one week--and they faced Boller and Wright... :D

988005[/snapback]

They had three interceptions. Three sacks. One forced fumble. Held Jamal Lewis to 48 yards. Gave up 160 yards in the fourth quarter while playing prevent and back-ups. Were missing Montae Reagor, Mike Doss, and Marlin Jackson. Corey Simon was limited to 30 snaps.

They had three interceptions.  Three sacks.  One forced fumble.  Held Jamal Lewis to 48 yards.  Gave up 160 yards in the fourth quarter while playing prevent and back-ups.  Were missing Montae Reagor, Mike Doss, and Marlin Jackson.  Corey Simon was limited to 30 snaps.

988272[/snapback]

All of which helps explain why I'm pretty happy about having them as my D in one league. If Billick hadn't called those stupid TOs, I'd have had the shutout and won this week.

Yeah, he's gonna need to get used to playing down by 24 against a prevent defense. :D

:D

Yeah, and Donald Strickland dropped one as well.  And Manning missed Marvin on a blown assignment.  Coulda, woulda, shoulda, didn't.

987840[/snapback]

No arguement that we got schooled in our own building. However, it was as much because the Ravens blew it than the Colts earned it. 3-0 at halftime against the Colts. Too bad we couldn't help our D more.

Like I said before, good luck the rest of the year. Maybe it's time the football Gods finally let the Colts win the big one.

Uh, we have to use Ant-ny Wright at QB now, and we just got beeotch slapped on nation TV.  Give us a break on wanting to get Wright some reps.

987643[/snapback]

Yeah, because that prevent defense is an accurate simulation of what Wright will be facing when he's not down by 24 points in the waning minutes of a game. :D

Ravens fans should be thanking Larry Triplett for knocking Boller out of the game and possibly the starting QB gig. Even Wright is better than him.

Manning got away with an obvious grounding call in the 1st, but no one is going off about things like that.

Maybe that's because (1) it wasn't intentional grounding and (2) even if it were, it isn't comparable to the classless act of calling a timeout right after the oppsing QB takes a knee at the end of a blowout. Only a blind homer would defend it and then fire back with a knee-jerk comparison to an alleged intentional grounding penalty.

Edited by Bill Swerski