[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

time to dump Ahman Green?

Steelhead

Why put 8 men in the box against a $hitty RB when the best they've got to throw to is Driver and a former A&M WR? If gagooey and the professor are right, which I do not believe they are, then follow Hugh's advice after those two good games and dump his a$$

Edited by Clubfoothead

It really depends on what you can get for him...duh!

Take a look at your ranking of players during the draft and see, from that value, if you can get some quality for him. If, like with most owners, you are only going to get some marginal players, keep him. If someone is willing to come off of a talent, in your opinion, then you may want to make the move.

I don't think his performance is an indication of how he'll do this season. I do, however, feel he'll statistically be closer to 2004 than 2003. The Packers looked like a mess yesterday and this was semi known all off season and preseason. It will take more than one good week for his value to rise as it was fairly low before yesterdays game.

Going forward, I'd rank him somewhere around 18-22 runningback. This would be an average #2. Don't expect much more.

I didn't get to catch the Packers game yesterday, but the stats showed Green stunk it up.  SHould I try to move him or wait this out to see if the O-Line improves.  Losing Walker is not good and I can't see how the Pack is gonna be playing ball control.

984186[/snapback]

agreed!

Similar situation with D Davis.

984328[/snapback]

In what regards? Davis is a young stud with a young QB on an up and coming team with a healthy #1 WR. Green is an aging back with an aging QB on a team on a downward spiral who just lost their #1 WR for the year. I'm having a hard time making the connection. :D

Hugh One - all that may be true, but what I am saying is that DD did not produce good numbers and to offer a trade right now - he whould not bring me anything.  I like DD, but the Houston O looked pretty bad hopefully they can turn it around this year.

Similaries = bad opening performance = bad return for a trade offer

984583[/snapback]

Ahhh, OK, now I see the point you were trying to make. Here's why I think there is a HUGH difference between the 2:

First of all, every RB is going to have a bad day. Davis did it against one of the top defenses in the NFL. Green did it against a mediocre defense at best. Green is now going to be the center of attention with Walker being gone. Not good. Say hello to "8 in the box" Mr. Green.

Here's my point. I don't think D. Davis value has diminished at all. I think A. Green's has dropped significantly. I'm a firm believer in trading high, and trading Green now would not get you value in return.