[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick sucks

Guest THEbigred

Yep starting his 5th "year" in the league when his first year was garbage time, and he only has 2 real seasons. One of those being in the WCO. But Vick is supposed to transform every receiver magically into Randy Moss.

Yeah that pass blocking line was awesome when the Eagles could come through whenever they wanted. :D

Call me crazy but decent at best WRs and a crappy passing O-line don't mix. Well, they do when you have a QB who can run away from defenders while his WRs can't get open.

Swerski - ever hear of some guy named Young? Steve Young? #8 for the 49ers?

Take a look at how long it took him to be your "prototype" WCO QB. You'll be surprised. Same problems as Vick. Run first. Run second. Throw errant passes third. AND he had a guy named Rice to throw the ball to. I think he turned out all right.

I agree that from a fantasy perspective, Vick is going to kill me this year (Brady and Delhomme taken right in front of me), but his winning % as a starting QB are very solid.

I hated Young (being a Cowboys fan), but will respect that he became an absolute master of the WCO. With him tutoring Vick, the potential for Vick is still very high. Jenkins performed fairly last night (2nd yr. WR) and Crumpler is there. The only thing the Falcons need is a killer go to WR (ala Harrison, C. Johnson, Torry Holt, etc.). If they can get that before Vick's knees are demolished, it could be lights out for the NFC for a while (except for my Cowboys :P).

Swerski - ever hear of some guy named Young?  Steve Young?  #8 for the 49ers? 

:D Favre was a 63% passer his first year in the WCO, AND had more td passes by his 2nd year as a starter than Vick has in roughly 2 1/2....with a subpar running game.

I agree that from a fantasy perspective, Vick is going to kill me this year (Brady and Delhomme taken right in front of me), but his winning % as a starting QB are very solid.

987572[/snapback]

A wise man once told me "a win is a win is a win", and he is correct. Fantasy-wise, Vick is all flash and inconsistent; real-life wise, the team wins when he's in - but watching two games of his will indicate that he lacks pocket sense, touch, and timing - 3 things you MUST master to be considered a real QB in the NFL. Until he does that, he's Kordell Stewart with pedigree.