[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Doctor's Office is Open...

Dr. Love

Week one is in the books. The first installment of The Doctor's Office was pretty good. According to my scoring, I was 24-16, for a winning percentage of 60%. One of my big picks, Willie Parker, had a great week. My biggest downfall was the Jets offense and Joey Harrington's reasonably good performance.

So here we are with week two. Post your dilemmas, and I'll give you the best pick I can.

Rules:

1. Please summarize your scoring system. Standard performance scoring will be assumed otherwise*.

2. Please don't merely ask "should I start I. Bruce or Derrick Mason?". Please give your lineup and thought process that helped you arrive at the dilemma. I may have a different perspective and choose a third option as a suggestion*.

3. Please realize that some decisions are going to be "gut feels". If I don't feel strongly one way or the other, I'll still give you that gut feel. However, I will not be counting those in my W-L record.

*if you've already posted this info in a separate thread, posting a link would be fine

Please realize that you may not get an immediate answer, and that if you post too closely to game time, you may not get an answer on time. I don't work for the site, and I have other obligations to attend to, including work and Lions football. Thanks.

Edited by Dr. Love

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My starter is Witten and I want to pick up a backup. I am dropping Redskins D to make room since my starting Defense is Falcons.

Rank these TEs that are available. This is what I think:

1. Baker

2. Anderson

3. Smith

Baker is my top selection because Pennington has thrown to TEs in the past and until he adjusts to the new offense he'll rely on Baker.

Not sure about Anderson or Smith. I gave Anderson the nod because he's in a better offense. Although I doubt he'll get a lot of TDs with Moss, Porter and Jordan in there.

--------------------

12 team performance 2 keepers

1pt/2 rec; 1pt/5 completions

1pt/20yd rush/rec; 1pt/50yd passing

3pt bonus @ 150 rush/rec; 2pt bonus @ 200 rush/rec

3pt bonus @ 300yd passing, 2pt bonus @ 400yds

6pt TDs, 4pt pass TD

Start 1 QB,2 RB,3 WR,and 1 TE,K,DEF

987786[/snapback]

Prescription: Take Baker. He beat out a guy the Jets spent a first-rounder for, so you know they're going to continue to use him, especially with Pennington appearing to struggle with the offense.

i like to think i know it all. then came sunday. what are your general thoughts - hit the panic button and start trading like mad OR give it another week or two and let them warm up? Of course, there is always: Other.

Standard scoring

Pos Player Team Pts * Week #

--- -------------------- ---- --- - ----------------------------------------

QB Aaron Brooks NO 12 P:18-24-0-192 R: 3- 32

RB Jamal Lewis BAL 4 R:16- 48 C: 1- 4

RB Curtis Martin NYJ 7 R:20- 57 C: 3- 20

WR Anquan Boldin ARI 6 C: 4- 62

WR Joe Horn NO 6 C: 5- 66

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh CIN 7 C: 5- 75

PK Josh Brown SEA 2 XPs:2/2

Def Baltimore BAL 0

_____________________________ ___ __________________________________________

Starter Points = 44

RB J.J. Arrington ARI 2 R: 8- 5 C: 4- 22

QB David Carr HOU 13 ! P: 9-21-3- 70 R: 7- 40 TD:R1

QB Jeff Garcia DET 0

RB Derrick Blaylock NYJ 0

RB William Green CLE 1 R: 4- 12

RB Marcel Shipp ARI 1 R: 7- 10 C: 2- 5

RB Chester Taylor BAL 4 R: 4- 27 C: 2- 22

WR Reggie Brown PHI 0 C: 1- 7

WR Reche Caldwell SD 0 C: 1- 9 R: 1- 7

WR Terry Glenn DAL 4 C: 3- 42

Bench Points = 25

Potential Points = 45

Prescription: Take Baker.  He beat out a guy the Jets spent a first-rounder for, so you know they're going to continue to use him, especially with Pennington appearing to struggle with the offense.

987796[/snapback]

Thanks Doc! Of the other 2 what order would you rank them in case I don't get Baker off waivers.

Hey Doc,

I need some help with my WRs for Week 2. I decided to draft RB/RB/QB in my first three rounds of a 10 team performance league (i.e. both yards and TDs), so I drafted 6 (non-stud) WRs to essentially play matchups each week. I have the following receivers:

1. N. Burleson

2. A. Johnson

3. L. Fitzgerald

4. R. Williams (DET)

5. TJ Housh

6. K. Curtis

My gut tells me to play Fitzgerald (huge week 1 and nice Rams match up), Burleson (good matchup w/Cincy), and R. Williams (good red zone target against Bears).

I have a hard time sitting A. Johnson, who I drafted as my top WR, but I think he is going to run into a wall against the Pittsburgh secondary this week. I also think that TJ Housh will have a tougher time this week against the improved Minnesota secondary. Finally, K. Curtis just does not get the looks (yet) that the other three WR's I'm planning to start, so I think he should also be benched in Week 2.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Splotchman

Doc a couple of ???

Performance Scoring with bonuses. Scoring favors RBs as TDs are worth a few points more.

I am able to use a QB, WR, or RB as my Flex. I drafted to solid QBs, as it worked well for me last year. Farve had a bad week, J Walker is out for the season.

1: Do I sit Farve a start Larry Johnson in the Flex?

2: Do I stick with Palmer and Farve as QB and Flex?

3: Do I drop Farve and pick up Ferrote or Leftwich?

Probable starters are at the bottom, along with my bench.

Thanks in advance!

Doc, Look at my team and let me know where I need to improve. I am always looking to improve my team with wavier wire transactions. 10-team league

RB and WR Scoring 1 per 10 yards QB – 1 per 20 and 4per td pass

QB - Hasselbeck and Brooks

RB – Jordan, K. Jones, Alexander, Benson, and Arrington

WR – C. Johnson, Engram, Clayton, R. Smith, and Lelie

Janikowski and Carolina

Best Free Agents QB - Griese RB – S. Davis, Gore, Jacobs and Moe Williams WR - Booker, Battle, Lloyd, and Curtis PK – Lindell, Carney, Graham.

I think I have a good team but had a bad week. Should I stay with what I got or try and pick someone up? How about a kicker. Should I drop a Denver WR since I have both?

:D

Team and scoring in sig line.Just 3 things Doc.I am up in the air about my defenses this week,Cowboys vs. Skins or Jets vs.Phins.Holt is my #1 WR thinking of starting Branch over Coles as my #2.I only have 1 TE in L.J Smith do you think I should keep him or go after Chris Baker?

Thanks

i like to think i know it all. then came sunday. what are your general thoughts - hit the panic button and start trading like mad OR give it another week or two and let them warm up? Of course, there is always: Other.

Standard scoring

Pos Player              Team Pts * Week #

--- -------------------- ---- --- - ----------------------------------------

QB  Aaron Brooks        NO    12  P:18-24-0-192 R: 3- 32

RB  Jamal Lewis          BAL    4  R:16- 48 C: 1- 4

RB  Curtis Martin        NYJ    7  R:20- 57 C: 3- 20

WR  Anquan Boldin        ARI    6  C: 4- 62

WR  Joe Horn            NO    6  C: 5- 66

WR  T.J. Houshmandzadeh  CIN    7  C: 5- 75

PK  Josh Brown          SEA    2  XPs:2/2

Def Baltimore            BAL    0

Starter Points =  44

RB  J.J. Arrington      ARI    2  R: 8- 5 C: 4- 22

QB  David Carr          HOU  13 ! P: 9-21-3- 70 R: 7- 40  TD:R1

QB  Jeff Garcia          DET    0

RB  Derrick Blaylock    NYJ    0

RB  William Green        CLE    1  R: 4- 12

RB  Marcel Shipp        ARI    1  R: 7- 10 C: 2- 5

RB  Chester Taylor      BAL    4  R: 4- 27 C: 2- 22

WR  Reggie Brown        PHI    0  C: 1- 7

WR  Reche Caldwell      SD    0  C: 1- 9 R: 1- 7

WR  Terry Glenn          DAL    4  C: 3- 42

Bench Points =  25

Potential Points =  45

987827[/snapback]

Prescription: Honestly? I don't like your team very much. You've got a bunch of guys that typically go higher than I want to draft them. That doesn't mean you can't win. However, you may be better off trading a stud like Lewis to one of the top teams to get a couple of guys you could plug into your starting lineup. Just my thoughts after week one. Good luck!

Hey Doc,

Standard scoring

I have 4 RB's and start 2

1. Priest @ Oak

2. Portis @ Dallas

3. Jackson @ Arizona

4. Parker @ Houston

I'm thinking Priest for sure, need advice on the other starter, leaning toward Jackson.

987846[/snapback]

Symptoms: Excessive strength in RB corps

Diagnosis: Retarded league mates

Prescription: How on earth did you end up with two first-round type backs with a second-round back thrown in there? Regardless, you're in an enviable position. This week, as you suggest, Priest is a must. With Martz, it's tough to forsee what's in store for Jackson. The kid is a beast, but if he's never given the ball, he can't do a whole lot. He may run wild this weekend, or he may get 12 carries for 50 yards. Parker, on the other hand, is more of a sure thing this weekend. The Steelers will run, as sure as the sun rises and sets. Their O-line is good, and Parker obviously has talent. I'd play him.

My Pick

Parker over Jackson

Hey Doc,

I need some help with my WRs for Week 2.  I decided to draft RB/RB/QB in my first three rounds of a 10 team performance league (i.e. both yards and TDs), so I drafted 6 (non-stud) WRs to essentially play matchups each week.  I have the following receivers:

1.  N. Burleson

2.  A. Johnson

3.  L. Fitzgerald

4.  R. Williams (DET)

5.  TJ Housh

6.  K. Curtis

My gut tells me to play Fitzgerald (huge week 1 and nice Rams match up), Burleson (good matchup w/Cincy), and R. Williams (good red zone target against Bears). 

I have a hard time sitting A. Johnson, who I drafted as my top WR, but I think he is going to run into a wall against the Pittsburgh secondary this week.  I also think that TJ Housh will have a tougher time this week against the improved Minnesota secondary.  Finally, K. Curtis just does not get the looks (yet) that the other three WR's I'm planning to start, so I think he should also be benched in Week 2.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Splotchman

987880[/snapback]

Symptoms: Weakness in WR extremities

Diagnosis Fourth round and later wideouts

Prescription: I couldn't have written it better myself. Your logic is sound.

My Picks:

Fitz, Burleson, and Roy Williams over Housh, A Johnson, and K Curtis

Hey Doc,

Gotta reciever dilemma going this week. Big game, need some production. I start 3 with rest of lineup below:

DJax vs Atl.

Burleson @ Cinci.

Muhammad vs Det.

Lelie vs San Di.

Randle El @ Hou.

Greg Lewis and Kerry Colbert riding the pine.

After last week, I am leaning DJax, Nate and Mush .... but Lelie is at home and RnEl was solid last week. Any thoughts?

hi doc.

my team and scoring is in the signature.

i have been offered one trade and thinking about offering another

1st trade: d.driver for b.leftwich

i'm strong at wr's but qb is ifee. is leftwich the answer.

2nd trade: w.dunn,i.bruce,and c.chambers for c.johnson

i'll be strong at wr with little dropoff at rb.

should i make either trade? thanks for the advice

Edited by bent1969

Doc a couple of ???

Performance Scoring with bonuses. Scoring favors RBs as TDs are worth a few points more.

I am able to use a QB, WR, or RB as my Flex. I drafted to solid QBs, as it worked well for me last year. Farve had a bad week, J Walker is out for the season.

1: Do I sit Farve a start Larry Johnson in the Flex?

2: Do I stick with Palmer and Farve as QB and Flex?

3: Do I drop Farve and pick up Ferrote or Leftwich?

Probable starters are at the bottom, along with my bench.

Thanks in advance!

987896[/snapback]

Symptoms: Pain when flexing

Diagnosis: Favre-induced pains.

Prescription:: Excuse me for a second... :D:D:D. Sorry, as a Lions fan, I had to get that out of my system. I even take joy in watching people with Packers on their team lose. Seriously, though, you can stick a fork in Favre. Be prepared for a season with as many picks as TD's. If you're not penalized for INT's, Favre is still an option, as the Pack will be throwing a lot, albeit not effeciently. I'd try to pick up Leftwich. I want to see a week or two more of solid production from Johnson in a supplemental role before I recommend him.

My Pick:

Leftwich over Favre

Doc, Look at my team and let me know where I need to improve. I am always looking to improve my team with wavier wire transactions.  10-team league

RB and WR Scoring 1 per 10 yards QB – 1 per 20 and 4per td pass

QB - Hasselbeck and Brooks

RB – Jordan, K. Jones, Alexander, Benson, and Arrington

WR – C. Johnson, Engram, Clayton, R. Smith, and Lelie

Janikowski and Carolina

Best Free Agents QB - Griese RB – S. Davis, Gore, Jacobs and Moe Williams WR - Booker, Battle, Lloyd, and Curtis PK – Lindell, Carney, Graham. 

I think I have a good team but had a bad week. Should I stay with what I got or try and pick someone up? How about a kicker. Should I drop a Denver WR since I have both?

:D

988054[/snapback]

Second Opinion: Your team is reasonable. I'd stand pat with QB and RB. Consider Booker and Lloyd.

Doc!!

My team did horrible in Week 1, but i really dont think it's too bad.

My Team:

QB-T.Green, J.Plummer

RB-J.Jones, D.Davis, M.Anderson, R.Droughns, C.Benson

WR-J.Horn, Ro.Williams, K.Curtis, A.Toomer, T.Williamson

TE-D.Clark, E.Kinney

D/ST-Pittsburgh

K-Stover

I know I am thin at WR and am looking to upgrade through waivers this week. Do I need any help anywhere else?

Who would you drop/pick up?

Possible drops: Toomer, Williamson and Kinney

Possible adds (that i can recall cuz ESPN sux):

WR-Galloway, Battle, KRob, Crayton, Engram

RB-Dayne, Moe Williams

TE-Baker, Pollard. A.Smith

Thanks!!

Edited by Clark W. Griswold

Doc, who should I start this week at WR?

1 pt per 20 yds receiving

Pick 3

S. Smith

M. Clayton

A. Boldin

T.J. Housh

I'm leaning towards Smith, Clayton and Boldin. However, not sure with the emergence of Fitzgerald how many looks Boldin's going to get. Any advice would be appreciated

Hey Doc,

Normally, I don't do this sort of thing, but the matchups this week are frustrating me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(All info in my sig line.)

League 1 Question:

Pick 1:

Lee Evans v. TB

Michael Clayton v. BUF

I'm playing Cadillac and the BUF defense, so my loyalties are mixed.

League 2 Question:

Pick 2:

Dominick Davis v. PIT

Ronnie Brown v. NYJ

Larry Johnson v. OAK

Pick 1:

Lee Evans v. TB

Donte Stallworth v. NYG

Kevin Curtis v. AZ

(Edit to add Kevin Curtis.)

Edited by Qdaddyo

Team and scoring in sig line.Just 3 things Doc.I am up in the air about my defenses this week,Cowboys vs. Skins or Jets vs.Phins.Holt is my #1 WR thinking of starting Branch over Coles as my #2.I only have 1 TE in L.J Smith do you think I should keep him or go after Chris Baker?

Thanks

--------------------

Standard scoring 1-QB 2-RB 2-WR 1-TE 1 DST 1-K

Brady,E.Manning

LT,Westbrook,Cadillac,Ronnie Brown,Michael Turner

Holt,Coles,Branch,Moulds,Greg Lewis

L.J Smith

Jets,Cowboys

Mike Nugent

Thanks

988110[/snapback]

Diagnosis: Fixation on the past

Prescription: Don't fall into the fantasy football trap of playing the guys who scored big last week. There will always be a week-to-week element of FF that's tough to avoid, but I've never seen anyone succeed in the long term by playing the previous week's hot hand. Personally, I think Coles is better than Branch, especially considering the way that the NE offense has spread the ball around traditionally. Likewise, I'm not sure I'd drop one of the better tight ends in the league to chase Baker. At this point, my recommendation is to stay the course. For your defenses, I'd play matchups. WAS has a terrible offense, so I'd go with DAL.

My Picks:

Coles over Branch

LJ Smith over Baker

DAL over NYJ

Waver wire quandry

Shoudl I dump C Benson and Pick up W Parker. He is my only choice to drop. I have S Jaclson and P Holmes as my other running Backs. Std Performance scroing

Thanks

Bill

988124[/snapback]

Prescription: Parker on the waiver wire? Yikes. Pick him up if you can.

Doc,

Will the rookie Arrington ever fulfill the promise he once held.  The Cardinals O-Line was exploited by the Giants and Warner had more rushing yards!!!  Should I cut him loose or wait for better days?

988299[/snapback]

Prescription: I hope Arrington pans out, as he's my third RB (behind a shakey Ahman Green... yikes!). Tough to tell at this point. The decision of whether or not to cut him loose depends on who you have the option of getting in return. If your waiver wire is like most I've seen, there really isn't a lot out there, especially at RB. I think we're both stuck hoping that things turn around for JJ.