[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Doctor's Office is Open...

Dr. Love

Hey Doc,

Gotta reciever dilemma going this week. Big game, need some production. I start 3 with rest of lineup below:

DJax vs Atl.

Burleson  @ Cinci.

Muhammad vs Det.

Lelie vs San Di.

Randle El @ Hou.

Greg Lewis and Kerry Colbert riding the pine.

After last week, I am leaning DJax, Nate and Mush .... but Lelie is at home and RnEl was solid last week. Any thoughts?

988311[/snapback]

Diagnosis: WR anxiety

Prescription: DJax and Burleson are musts. I like Lelie as your third guy. Muhammad is going to have a rough year, and hanging out with Dre Bly for the afternoon while Shaun Rogers and James Hall meet at the quarterback isn't usually good for a WR's numbers. Randle El likely put up his biggest game of the season. I would expect him to return to earth in a huge way this week.

My Picks:

DJax, Burleson, and Lelie over Muhammad or Randle El

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi doc.   

my team and scoring is in the signature.

i have been offered one trade and thinking about offering another

1st trade:  d.driver for b.leftwich

i'm strong at wr's but qb is ifee. is leftwich the answer.

2nd trade:  w.dunn,i.bruce,and c.chambers for c.johnson

i'll be strong at wr with little dropoff at rb.

should i make either trade? thanks for the advice

8 team league.

strandard scoring league

10 points td's and 5 point bonus for td's over 40 yards

5 point bonus for 100 yards rb and wr

5 point bonus for 300 passing

my team( 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dt)

qb: b.farve, t.green

rb: w. mcgahee,w.dunn,t.henry,r.johnson,and l.jordan

wr: r.moss,i.bruce,c.chambers,d.mason,d.driver,and r.wayne

te: l.j.smith,c.cooley,and j.shockley

k: j.wilkins,s.graham

dt: jets,bears

988312[/snapback]

Prescription: Get rid of Driver as fast as you can. GB is going to have a very, very bad year, and Leftwich may be in his breakout season. As to the second trade, if you can get a stud for a bunch of bench guys, that's always a good deal. Don't expect the other guy to be ecstatic to hear the offer, though.

Ok good doctor, this is a legit question. In the GVE league, my RB’s are sorry. I have lost M. Anderson, D. Rhodes (I know, but this is a 16 team league), and L. Suggs to injury. Right now I have T. Jones as the only real starter that will get any carries, but I also have Ricky in the wings (reach I know). This week I have to start…(cough)…M. Morris as my starting RB. In the draft I did get Manning, TO, and Gates, but there was a price. Do I wait for Suggs or Anderson to heal, or do I deal Gates? I also have McCardell, but I think his value is deemed one-hit-wonder until a few more consistent outings, so his trade value would probably net me a better slug. Only five waiver moves for the year, so I have to spend them cautiously. The RB pool is so deep even Gore is gone. What to do doc? I plan to wait it out two more weeks and hope Mr. Anderson comes back.

Doc!!

My team did horrible in Week 1, but i really dont think it's too bad. 

My Team:

QB-T.Green, J.Plummer

RB-J.Jones, D.Davis, M.Anderson, R.Droughns, C.Benson

WR-J.Horn, Ro.Williams, K.Curtis, A.Toomer, T.Williamson

TE-D.Clark, E.Kinney

D/ST-Pittsburgh

K-Stover

I know I am thin at WR and am looking to upgrade through waivers this week.  Do I need any help anywhere else?

Who would you drop/pick up?

Possible drops:  Toomer, Williamson and Kinney

Possible adds (that i can recall cuz ESPN sux):

WR-Galloway, Battle, KRob, Crayton, Engram

RB-Dayne, Moe Williams

TE-Baker, Pollard. A.Smith

Thanks!!

988339[/snapback]

Prescription: You are thin at WR, but I don't know if there's anyone there who is stud caliber. Williamson is definite drop material, and of the guys you list, I like Engram the best. Crayton may break out, but he may also get more attention from #1 cornerbacks. If you want a solid, but not spectacular, contributor, go with Engram. If you want to take a home run swing (and likely strike out), try Crayton.

Doc, who should I start this week at WR?

1 pt per 20 yds receiving

Pick 3

S. Smith

M. Clayton

A. Boldin

T.J. Housh

I'm leaning towards Smith, Clayton and Boldin. However, not sure with the emergence of Fitzgerald how many looks Boldin's going to get. Any advice would be appreciated

988357[/snapback]

Prescription: I like your lineup. It's kind of a toss up with Clayton, Boldin, and Housh, but if I were forced to choose, I'd go with the lineup you have.

My Picks:

Smith, Clayton, Boldin over Housh

Hey Doc,

Normally,  I don't do this sort of thing, but the matchups this week are frustrating me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(All info in my sig line.)

League 1 Question:

Pick 1:

Lee Evans v. TB

Michael Clayton v. BUF

I'm playing Cadillac and the BUF defense, so my loyalties are mixed.

League 2 Question:

Pick 2:

Dominick Davis v. PIT

Ronnie Brown v. NYJ

Larry Johnson v. OAK

Pick 1:

Lee Evans v. TB

Donte Stallworth v. NYG

Kevin Curtis v. AZ

(Edit to add Kevin Curtis.)

988406[/snapback]

My Picks

League 1: Clayton over Evans

League 2: Davis and Brown over Johnson (I think last week was likely a fluke)

League 2: Evans over Stallworth and Curtis

Keeper league. We keep 4 players

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE

6 pts per passing TD & 6 pts per rush/rec. TD

Got an offer of CPep, Key Johnson, Benson & Arrington for P. Manning & L. Jordan.

Not really fond of this offer, but I figure I can try to work something out with the guy that I like more.

I don't have any interest in Johnson & would rather have Ronnie Brown instead of Arrington (This guy has all 3)

I think I need help @ WR more than Rb & this guy also has a great starting WR stable w/R. Moss, Harrison & S. Smith.

Here is my roster:

QB: P. Manning, Griese

RB: KJ, L. Jordan, Bell, B. Jacobs

WR: Mike Clayton, Bruce, Rogers, Fergie, Battle, B. Edwards

TE: Troupe

His roster:

QB: Delhomme, CPep

RB: Ronnie Brown, DD, Arrington, Benson, Bettis

WR: R. Moss, Harrison, S. Smith. Key Johnson

TE: Jolley, McMichael

I don't think I can win it all w/my team as is so I'd like to shake things up, but I don't want to screw my chances for this year if I can avoid it.

So what do you guys think I should counter with? Where do I need to improve the most?

990824[/snapback]

Diagnosis: I hate trade questions

Prescription: Sorry, dude. I should have put something in the opening post about trade offers.. You should decline the trade offered to you. I'm not going to try to come up with trade scenarios, as FF trading is like hitting yourself in the head with a mallet. Except it hurts more. Guys are only happy if they're screwing you.

Ok good doctor, this is a legit question. In the GVE league, my RB’s are sorry. I have lost M. Anderson, D. Rhodes (I know, but this is a 16 team league), and L. Suggs to injury. Right now I have T. Jones as the only real starter that will get any carries, but I also have Ricky in the wings (reach I know). This week I have to start…(cough)…M. Morris as my starting RB. In the draft I did get Manning, TO, and Gates, but there was a price. Do I wait for Suggs or Anderson to heal, or do I deal Gates? I also have McCardell, but I think his value is deemed one-hit-wonder until a few more consistent outings, so his trade value would probably net me a better slug. Only five waiver moves for the year, so I have to spend them cautiously. The RB pool is so deep even Gore is gone. What to do doc? I plan to wait it out two more weeks and hope Mr. Anderson comes back.

990929[/snapback]

Prescription: You're up a creek. Try to figure out a trade.

I was fairly optimistic on my team at the beginning of the season. Deep at RB and WR and left QB to the end. Took a hit right away with WR(also had S. Smith last year). Do I panic and try to replace Walker or can my team survive and wait to see if some of the available WR's gain some consistency. (must play all free agent pickups the week they are picked up). Currently my team can get through all bye weeks and have plenty of options with flexible line-up.

Available WR's

K.Johnson DAL

F. Jackson CLE

P. Crayton DAL

K. Curtis STL

S. McDonald STL

B. Engram SEA

G. Galloway TB

M. Jenkins ATL

Any of these guys tickle your fancy?

League details and scoring in Sig line.

Byron Leftwich or Carson Palmer?

Team:

QB - C.Palmer*, B.Leftwich

RB - E.James*, S.Jackson*, L.Suggs, L.Toefield, Moe Williams

WR - C.Johnson*, T.Owens*, J.Smith*, Michael Clayton

TE - A.Crumpler*, C.Anderson

K - J.Carney*

D - Lions*, Buccaneers

* = current starters for week 2

I'm leaning toward C.Palmer as I started him last week and I like to stick with the players that have done me good and not drop them for the flavor of the week. I think the rest of my lineup is strong it's just that I'm torn between which QB to start.

Edited by tosberg34

what's up doc?

my team's in the sig, scoring is 6 pts all TDs, 1 pt/20yds rushing receiving, 1pt 50yds passing

1)I would say Rudi and jackson are sure starters this week, but do you like D.Davis in another tough matchup or A.Green against relatively soft Cleveland?

2) is it worth taking a risk to start C.Anderson against the Chiefs given Shockey's shakey ankle? (I know the odds CA's as good as last week are low, but maybe they keep going to him in the red zone)

3) which FA do you like best :B.Jacobs, M.Booker, M.Pollard

many thanks.

Hey Dr.

12 team performance scoring

Bulger

Roy Williams

L.Coles

S.Moss

Mcmichael

Stover

ATL D

I have to pick 2 of 3 for running backs

Jamal Lewis @ Ten

Corey Dillon @ Car

Willie Parker @ Hou

I'm thinking of going with my studs ( I sat jamal last week on a hunch, waiting out in the injury, but I drafted him for a reason and I figure if he's going to do anything it would be this week) I also am hard pressed to sit one of the top 2 for Willie until he shows he can do it again. I'm leaning Jamal and Corey, any other advice?

Hey Doc!

I tied last week( :D Boy I hate that. But, I'm looking at the glass half full here :D

I'm looking for your "gut" feel here.

I looked very good starting Willie Parker last week(yes, I was one of them- :D )

My thought process is to start him again cause according to reports he is starting.

I benched "Cadillac" in favor of Fast Willie last week and went with Julius Jones. Faired well, but I would've won had I started Carnell...

Want to know what your gut feeling is this week with my RB situation first:

Parker @ Houston (phenom emerging-but will he lose goal line carries to the "bus")

Julius Jones vs. Washington (played well last week but is going against a tough skins "D"

Cadillac vs. Buffalo (nice start-but against the buffalo "D"?)

Droughns @ Green Bay(should get the nod and playing against the weak pack "D")-hmmm

Tatum Bell vs. Chargers-(i'm so high on Bell-but couldn't get it in with 4 tries :D)

All mmy RB's are starters(nice depth I may add) who is your "gut-lock to start?)

Whai is your gut on my QB situation?

Brooks vs Giants(mon night)-didn't score last week! can he handle the blitzing giants?

Warner started for me last week and at least scored for me(brooks gave me a fat zero-whew!)

and lastly my wideouts:

quick gut on the wideouts----thanks your input doc. I'm sure you'll be busy this week-any answer from you would be greatly appreciated :D

Doc:

I've got a defensive problem. Is CAR going to slip with Jenkins (sp?) out? Should I go shopping for a D? DET, CHI are a few of the teams available.

Also, I picked Parker up off the WW and dumped the estra TE.

With Parker's impressive last week and Davis's not so impressive outing would it be wise to start Parker over Davis this week. Davis was my 1st round pick at #9...

Thanks for the help...

OK here's my situation. I have 4 wr to choose from. I get 6 points for a td and 6 points for every 100 yds recieving or rushing.

Steve Smith vs Pats. They have injuries in secondary. But they are the Pats.

Burleson vs Bengals. Vikes looked bad last week. Poor secondary.

Reggie Wayne vs Jags. Jags always tough & there are so many targets for Peyton.

Boldin vs Rams. Will he get the looks? Will it be a shootout?

My only other option would be to bench Priest vs Raiders and start 3 of the above. Reason would be that Roaf is out and the LJ situation. Am I being crazy here?

I am feeling the pressure. Please help.

Doc, a couple of tough decisions this week

1. c-pep vs the bengals

leftwich vs the colts

scoring is 1 point every 20 yards passing /1pt every 10 rush/6pts for td

i like all other c-pep owners had a melt down last weekend, all i seen were visions of my entry fee floating away, but the huddle is predicting 300yrds and 3tds this week.i dont see it , and i'm convinced that lefty is going to be soild this year?

2. when i drafted willie parker, i figured i had some trade bait for the staley/bettis owner, then after week 1 and reading a bit , i think he might have stolen the job from deuce/bettis. so this leads me to the dilemma

j.lewis vs. ten

T.barber vs. no

parker vs. hou

1 pt per 10 rush.rec/6pts per td

thanks doc!

Hey Doc, I need help. I have to pick 2 RBs to start from the following:

J. Lewis @ Tenn

Edge @ Jax

W. Parker @ Hou

L. Johnson @ Oak

I'm leaning towards Lewis and Parker.

I know some on this board advocate ASYS.

Am I crazy for benching Edge or should I bench Lewis and start Edge?

I have Shaun Alexander and DeShaun Foster as two of my backs to go with Lamont Jordan, Cedric Benson, and Willie Parker.

Out of the blue an owner offers me Maurice Morris and Mike Williams for DeShaun Foster.

We must start 2 RBS, but can start 3 (or a 3rd receiver, our choice).

He knows I want Morris to insure my #1 draft pick, which I definitely do.

Thought about taking this trade on face, but when I drafted Foster, he was my 5th rd pick - Davis had been pretty much written off until making a strong comeback late into preseason - so I'm not inclined to trade him away just for some insurance. I don't think Mike Williams adds much to the trade. And despite Davis' good week 1 showing, I still think Foster will be the man by mid-season.

That all said, I thought, hmmm, maybe take this up a notch. I suggested that instead of his trade, what about me trading Chad Johnson and either Benson or Foster for Randy Moss and Maurice Morris.

I would get the insurance I want for Alexander plus what I expect will be the top WR point-wise in Moss, and he gets a WR that shouldn't be far behind as well as a likely starter down the road in either Benson or Foster.

Which of those two backs do you think it would hurt the least to lose not just in the short term, but come playoff time as well? Whaddya think of this line of thought? On the mark or horse-sh-t?

I'll hang up and listen to your comments off the air.

Doc,

Standard Performance w/ points for receptions

RB Thoughts: WDIS (2RBs)

DD - Facing a tough D with a lowsy O

Tiki - Good option this week - new guy will steal some points but I think he is a great 2nd this year

Bell - will he amount to anything or should I try and trade him before he totally crashes

LJ - Everyone know s the Priest injury senario, but does this guy make your starting lineup or was week 1 a fluke

Hey Doc-

Need a third receiver to start alongside Horn and A. Johnson...

Who would you start:

L. Evans @ TB

B. Engram vs. ATL

Both play tough defenses, and both performed fairly well last week. I think that Evans has more of a chance for a long TD but Engram will rack up more receptions. Engram was targeted 9 times last week and caught 8 of them... he looked good.

League awards points for receptions and TD's.

Thoughts?

Thanks!