[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miami Bandwagon

MikesVikes

To say the JJets are going to BLOW OUT the Dolphins is ridiculous...

994501[/snapback]

I'm predicting a blow out to piss off Miami fans and it appears to be working :D

However, I think the Dolphins aren't as good as they looked last week, and the Jets aren't as bad as they looked. I really don't see the Dolphins putting up more than 10 or possibly 14 points and I think the Jets will score more than that... I guess we'll see.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe.  But it aint too hard to improve on last year's record :p

All I'm saying is that you'll have a little more elbow room on the bandwagon next week as the Jets will knock several people off by whooping the Phins.

994396[/snapback]

I know your poking fun steeler because such a dumb statement has to be done with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

First of all a team coming off a 4-12 record has no bandwagon believe me. Dolphin fans such as myself have had to deal with 4 years of Dave Wannstadt and Rick Spielman wrecking havoc on our beloved team. Selling off draft picks for slugs like Feeley and Gordon and making great draft picks like Eddie Moore (passing on Boldin :D ) has left us feeling pretty angry and depressed.

Seeing the game against Denver gave us a bit of a spark I know. Yeah most of us know were a 7-9 maybe an 8-8 team at best but after watching how we played last week gave all of us some hope for the future. I know it's gonna be a long road back to being respectable again, but at least we're heading in the right direction. Not to metnion the fact that after we finished with a 4-12 record, we were rewarded with the leagues toughest schedule.

Some notable differences in this years' Dolphins compared to the last few years' version. The play calling on offense wasn't nearly as predictable. Lots of passes on first and second downs which during Wanny's reign was rare indeed. While going into the 3rd and 4th quarter, there was no prevent defense which we always had done in the past. They were still blitzing and hitting hard and brought pressure until the last play when JT recovered a fumble and returned it for a TD. In the past we had to agonize over watching them go into a prevent only to see the opposing team march up and down the field and either make the score too close or lose the game outright.

Bandwagon? Nah. I think we just see a little light at the end of a really dark and dreary tunnel that that Wanny era sank the organization into.

And it feels good too.

Edited by 'canes2004

I know your poking fun steeler because such a dumb statement has to be done with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

First of all a team coming off a 4-12 record has no bandwagon believe me. Dolphin fans such as myself have had to deal with 4 years of Dave Wannstadt and Rick Spielman wrecking havoc on our beloved team. Selling off draft picks for slugs like Feeley and Gordon and making great draft picks like Eddie Moore (passing on Boldin  :D ) has left us feeling pretty angry and depressed.

Seeing the game against Denver gave us a bit of a spark I know. Yeah most of us know were a 7-9 maybe an 8-8 team at best but after watching how we played last week gave all of us some hope for the future. I know it's gonna be a long road back to being respectable again, but at least we're heading in the right direction. Not to metnion the fact that after we finished with a 4-12 record, we were rewarded with the leagues toughest schedule.

Some notable differences in this years' Dolphins compared to the last few years' version. The play calling on offense wasn't nearly as predictable. Lots of passes on first and second downs which during Wanny's reign was rare indeed. While going into the 3rd and 4th quarter, there was no prevent defense which we always had done in the past. They were still blitzing and hitting hard and brought pressure until the last play when JT recovered a fumble and returned it for a TD. In the past we had to agonize over watching them go into a prevent only to see the opposing team march up and down the field and either make the score too close or lose the game outright.

Bandwagon? Nah. I think we just see a little light at the end of a really dark and dreary tunnel that that Wanny era sank the organization into.

And it feels good too.

996907[/snapback]

Good post...

This is how we felt after whoopin NE 2 years ago 31-0 on day 1, but we were quickly brought to reality the next few weeks. As a Bills fan, I hope the fish fall on their face, but from a competitive standpoint, I would like to see the rivalry renewed like is used to be in the early to mid 90s.

Heres to hoping that happens - :D

:D

Good post...

This is how we felt after whoopin NE 2 years ago 31-0 on day 1, but we were quickly brought to reality the next few weeks. As a Bills fan, I hope the fish fall on their face, but from a competitive standpoint, I would like to see the rivalry renewed like is used to be in the early to mid 90s.

Heres to hoping that happens -  :D

:D

996914[/snapback]

One of my best friends manages a resturant on the intercoastal waterway near where I work. It's a great place to eat crab leags and drink beer on the water as the sun goes down. Anywho, he is a HUGE Bills fan. Born and raised in Texas he has been a Bills fan for 20+ years. :D He said it was because growing up all his friends were Cowboys' fans and he wanted to be different so he chose the Bills. I mean he has Bills everything in his house. Curtains, pictures, throw rugs, pillows, helmet grille everything. My wife calls him Buffalo Todd. Anyway we used to go to the Dolphins/Bills games every year. It was great fun (mostly for him because the Bills owned us for most of the early 90's) and usually ended up in a drunken haze at Dirty Jims in Hollywood where he got free dances and booze thanks to me and my other Dolphin friends opening our big mouths during the game.

I still have nightmares of Thurman Thomas and those friggin screen passes.

Edited by 'canes2004

Good game by the Jets D.

I went to the game and came away with a few observations:

Miami had a few very costly penalties.

The Jets D, specifically their LB's, played very well.

CMart was contained for most of the game.

Ronnie Brown was giving no room to run by his Oline.

Pennington throws beautiful 5-20 yard timing passes. Anything over 20 yards looks like a wounded duck with his WR's waiting for it to come down.

I don't consider 17-7 a blowout by any means.