[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start/Bench List: McGahee?

orieNJ

The Bucs stymied the Minnesota running game last week and will likely do the same this week against Buffalo. On the positive however was McGahee's 5 carries last week inside the 10 yard line. Will get 25+ touches each week, but a borderline starter this Sunday.

BOARDERLINE starter??? :D:D McGahee runs for 100+ with a TD

I agree...He might have stymied the Minn. running game, but do they reallyt HAVE a top notch running game? I dont think so. Mike Tice likes to make people think so, but Buffalo will show this week just how tough they will be all year.

Ya I might be a homer, but I live in Tampa, and Im ready to watch McGahee run wild on them.

What ever happened to the phrase..."Always start your studs"?

991634[/snapback]

Maybe he's trying not to be a slave to conventional thinking.

Considering that 1) Losman is struggling in the passing game; 2) the Bucs throttled the Viking running attack (and passing attack) last week; and 3) the game is at Tampa Bay, I consider McGahee a marginal starter, too.

I agree that a lot of owners won't have the option of benching him, but in an ideal world, it's very reasonable IMO to say that McGahee is a not-so-good play this week.

I agree...He might have stymied the Minn. running game, but do they reallyt HAVE a top notch running game? I dont think so. Mike Tice likes to make people think so, but Buffalo will show this week just how tough they will be all year.

Ya I might be a homer, but I live in Tampa, and Im ready to watch McGahee run wild on them.

991586[/snapback]

and lose! :D

Ya since when is a top 10 pick a borderline starter?

What ever happened to the phrase..."Always start your studs"?

991634[/snapback]

Many who have practiced that faith have passed on. Many went insane when everything they believed in came crashing down around them. Many lost so much money following those words, that they could no longer afford to join leagues, much less internet service or the Huddle fees.

:D "Play the matchups!!! When it is a toss-up or you can't decide, THEN start your studs."

:D Several players in the Start/Bench list had the same comments from Week 1. A couple even kept referenced to Week 1 opponents. Come on DMD......you are better than that. At least provide fresh "thoughts" on each player/each week so we can patronize ourselves and believe your insight is thought through. I'm a big fan of The Huddle.....but you can't leave Week 1 info on the Week 2 Start/Bench List.

Not really... :D

994788[/snapback]

Losman struggled in the preseason, and then last Sunday had a fairly decent passing game (170 yds, 1 TD) at home against a mediocre defense. Not bad for his first NFL start, but considering the circumstances, I don't think it's anything to get excited about, and it certainly doesn't ease my concerns about the Buffalo passing attack. Let's see how the kid does this week on the road against the Bucs (I'm not expecting much).

In any case, I still agree that McGahee is a borderline start this week.

:D Several players in the Start/Bench list had the same comments from Week 1. A couple even kept referenced to Week 1 opponents. Come on DMD......you are better than that. At least provide fresh "thoughts" on each player/each week so we can patronize ourselves and believe your insight is thought through. I'm a  big fan of The Huddle.....but you can't leave Week 1 info on the Week 2 Start/Bench List.

995312[/snapback]

Last time I checked DMD's name wasn't on the Start/Bench List. Never has been for the past nine years. Guess I'm not the only one around here that isn't perfect.

FYI - out of the over 240 players on the SBL there were 3 that I missed updating, and they were immediately corrected when brought to my attention.

Last time I checked DMD's name wasn't on the Start/Bench List.  Never has been for the past nine years.  Guess I'm not the only one around here that isn't perfect.

FYI - out of the over 240 players on the SBL there were 3 that I missed updating, and they were immediately corrected when brought to my attention.

995844[/snapback]

I wish I could say stuff like that to my customers.

Oh gee, I'm sooooo sorry. I didn't realize mixing it up with you guys was off limits to the person that owns the place. Thanks for setting me straight.

I thought it was funny to watch WW smack around a couple of newbies. You know WW if you went to pay message boards you wouldn't have to put up with all this shucks. And like Vet said I'd like to talk to some of my clients that way too, but if I did they wouldn't be my clients much longer.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I thought it was funny to watch WW smack around a couple of newbies.  You know WW if you went to pay message boards you wouldn't have to put up with all this shucks.

996029[/snapback]

Oh yeah, that would help. You vets are so well behaved. :D