[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker in 2005 is Equal

Jumpin Johnies

People love this kid. I like him as well and I'm kicking myself for not drafting him or picking him up but man some people are taking this to the next level. I saw some huddler named Footballmom(or something like that) asking if she should trade Willie for Priest. :D First of all someone else offered her the trade and instead of jumping on it she started a thread asking for advice. I thought everyone was gonna rip her a new one but almost half the folks told her to hold Willie :doah: . All of this hype reminds me about the Mewelde Moore craze that swept through this place for 2 or 3 weeks last year. Everyone was hyping this kid up and before you knew it he was third string again. I don't mean to pee in the Kool-Aid but there's still a good amount of risk around this kid. Does anyone else feel the same about this?

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People love this kid.  I like him as well and I'm kicking myself for drafting him or picking him up but man some people are taking this to the next level.  I saw some huddler named Footballmom(or something like that) asking if she should trade Willie for Priest. :D First of all someone else offered her the trade and instead of jumping on it she started a thread asking for advice.  I thought everyone was gonna rip her a new one but almost half the folks told her to hold Willie :doah: .  All of this hype reminds me about the Mewelde Moore craze that swept through this place for 2 or 3 weeks last year.  Everyone was hyping this kid up and before you knew it he was third string again.  I don't mean to pee in the Kool-Aid but there's still a good amount of risk around this kid.  Does anyone else feel the same about this?

992443[/snapback]

Whoah! Priest for Willie...Let me think that over. :D

I agree with you 100%. Willie might turn out to be good/great for the whole season but there sure is no guarantee of that. It's more likely that in a couple of weeks, they have a 3-way RBBC going on in Pit and you wouldn't count on any of the RB's there as more than a bye-week filler.

That said, I have Willie in all 3 of my leagues and life is good right now! :D

Whoah!  Priest for Willie...Let me think that over.   :D

I agree with you 100%.  Willie might turn out to be good/great for the whole season but there sure is no guarantee of that.  It's more likely that in a couple of weeks, they have a 3-way RBBC going on in Pit and you wouldn't count on any of the RB's there as more than a bye-week filler.

That said, I have Willie in all 3 of my leagues and life is good right now!   :D

992462[/snapback]

Check This Out It Gets Funnier at Post #20

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

Maybe she was in a keeper league like mine? The flavor of keeper league does really matter. In our league, since I picked Willie up in the 13th round, he will be an 10th round keeper for me next year. Every keeper is -3 points from the previous year.

So this is how 'ol Willie would look for me in upcoming years:

2006 - 10th round keeper

2007 - 7th round keeper

2008 - 4th round keeper

2009 - 2nd round keeper

If he becomes a first round type back in the drafts next year or the year after, I am in the money...meanwhile Holmes will be dust in the next couple years.

Would I trade him for Holmes in my league? Nope!

If that lady you mentioned was not in a keeper league, then I agree, she is nuts!

S.T.

Maybe she was in a keeper league like mine?  The flavor of keeper league does really matter.  In our league, since I picked Willie up in the 13th round, he will be an 10th round keeper for me next year.  Every keeper is -3 points from the previous year.

So this is how 'ol Willie would look for me in upcoming years:

2006 - 10th round keeper

2007 - 7th round keeper

2008 - 4th round keeper

2009 - 2nd round keeper

If he becomes a first round type back in the drafts next year or the year after, I am in the money...meanwhile Holmes will be dust in the next couple years.

Would I trade him for Holmes in my league?  Nope! 

If that lady you mentioned was not in a keeper league, then I agree, she is nuts!

S.T.

992489[/snapback]

I've posted a link and it's not a keeper.

Obviously many questions to be answered still, but lots of signs are starting to point towards Willie emerging on a grand scale here. Bettis and Staley are old, injury prone, and seem tired with football, therefore ready to hand over the job. Plus, Willie just looks good, and probably has more on-field threat, due to speed and cutting abiltiy.

But yes, he had an easy week one matchup, and things probably won't get better, but that doesn't mean they can't stay good/great. Ride it while it's hot.

The Griffin/Moore comparisons make sense sure, but so do McGahee/J. Jones comparisons. Could be a flash of hottness or the passing of the torch.

Obviously many questions to be answered still, but lots of signs are starting to point towards Willie emerging on a grand scale here.  Bettis and Staley are old, injury prone, and seem tired with football, therefore ready to hand over the job.  Plus, Willie just looks good, and probably has more on-field threat, due to speed and cutting abiltiy. 

But yes, he had an easy week one matchup, and things probably won't get better, but that doesn't mean they can't stay good/great.  Ride it while it's hot.   

The Griffin/Moore comparisons make sense sure, but so do McGahee/J. Jones comparisons.  Could be a flash of hottness or the passing of the torch.

992506[/snapback]

Would you pass up Priest for "Fast Willie"? The guy sounds like a used car salesman.

Would you pass up Priest for "Fast Willie"?  The guy sounds like a used car salesman.

992518[/snapback]

No, no way, I just got sidetracked. But I would definately still take Priest for Willie. Nobody in my league would EVER offer that though.

The Griffin/Moore comparisons make sense sure, but so do McGahee/J. Jones comparisons.  Could be a flash of hottness or the passing of the torch.

992506[/snapback]

One big difference is that mcgahee/j jones have much more impressive resumes. I believe willie parker was undrafted. not saying an undrafted player can't become successful (priest holmes i don't believe was drafted) but it's less likely. The original post had a good point - people are very quick to annoint this guy as some awesome future stud after one game against a bad defense. Let's watch him for at least 5 or 6 games first

One big difference is that mcgahee/j jones have much more impressive resumes.  I believe willie parker was undrafted. not saying an undrafted player can't become successful (priest holmes i don't believe was drafted) but it's less likely.  The original post had a good point - people are very quick to annoint this guy as some awesome future stud after one game against a bad defense.  Let's watch him for at least 5 or 6 games first

992588[/snapback]

Totally agree. A couple points though, for what they're worth (not much)...

1. Looked really solid in preseason too

2. Seems to have "for real" skills, although I don't know where they came from

3. Runs for a team with a great o-line, and a team that loves to run

Sure over the course of 5 more games, he won't be gathering up 200 yards and a score, no doubt. But assuming he takes over, there's no reason why he won't be an excellent #2 RB. Even WITH Bettis as a vulture.

No, no way, I just got sidetracked.  But I would definately still take Priest for Willie.  Nobody in my league would EVER offer that though.

992563[/snapback]

Priest is getting old also. Don't forget the LJ equation, more LJ and les Priest. Its not like 2 years ago when Priest was the undeniable stud, there's a new stud in town named Larry Johnson, don't forget. If LJ stays out of trouble, he'll deeply gash into Priest's numbers. Hell here's what Duce Staley is quoted as saying in Rotoworld:

RB Duce Staley (hamstring) is encouraging the Steelers to stay with RB Willie Parker as the starter even when Staley returns.

''If he's out there running and he's doing what he's doing, and putting up great numbers and we're winning, without a doubt - leave him in there,'' Staley said. We'll see what Staley says once he's 100% healthy. Sep. 15 - 9:56 am et

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Jeez dude, I smoke as much Josh Gordon as anyone and even I can remember it was last year Q had his big game.

992583[/snapback]

add heavily drinking for the last 11 months and then you'll realize why I can't remember... That plus the Bronoco's backfield changes up way too much.

Priest is getting old also.  Don't forget the LJ equation, more LJ and les Priest.  Its not like 2 years ago when Priest was the undeniable stud, there's a new stud in town named Larry Johnson, don't forget.  If LJ stays out of trouble, he'll deeply gash into Priest's numbers.  Hell here's what Duce Staley is quoted as saying in Rotoworld: 

RB Duce Staley (hamstring) is encouraging the Steelers to stay with RB Willie Parker as the starter even when Staley returns.

''If he's out there running and he's doing what he's doing, and putting up great numbers and we're winning, without a doubt - leave him in there,'' Staley said. We'll see what Staley says once he's 100% healthy. Sep. 15 - 9:56 am et

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

992645[/snapback]

You're Repeating Yourself, Look at #20 Again

That's about the third time you've said this to me.  What does Jesus have to do with anything?  Are you a minister or something trying to give me positive reinforcement?

992659[/snapback]

It's actually the 10th or 11th time I've said it to you. No, I'm not a minister, just a smart a$$. :D Relax guy, it's all good. :D

People love this kid.  I like him as well and I'm kicking myself for not drafting him or picking him up but man some people are taking this to the next level.  I saw some huddler named Footballmom(or something like that) asking if she should trade Willie for Priest. :D First of all someone else offered her the trade and instead of jumping on it she started a thread asking for advice.  I thought everyone was gonna rip her a new one but almost half the folks told her to hold Willie :doah: .  All of this hype reminds me about the Mewelde Moore craze that swept through this place for 2 or 3 weeks last year.  Everyone was hyping this kid up and before you knew it he was third string again.  I don't mean to pee in the Kool-Aid but there's still a good amount of risk around this kid.  Does anyone else feel the same about this?

992443[/snapback]

Reminds me of Quentin Griffin after he tore up KC in week one.