Sign in to follow this  
luke davenport

W. Parker for Portis?

It would not have seemed possible in pre-season, but what do you think of me giving up W. Parker for Clinton Portis? I also have L. Betts and he has D. Staley so that part works.

Do I trade new school stud for old school stud?

Thanks.

I would do it. That's an awesome upgrade from a WW pick-up.

Portis is the undisputed stud in WAS and Gibbs is dedicated to the run, so you know what you're getting in return all year long.

Parker is the rave right now, but such an unknown commodity. What will be his starting status in Week 4? Week 8? Week 12? Nobody knows. People can speculate all they want, but in the end, ya just dont know.

I'd do it as well, Portis is the offense in Washington...

Parker may end up in a RBBC....you never know...

do it..

I hope this is a joke...if it is not...PULL THE FRIGGIN TRIGGER NOW!! and count your blessings.

It would not have seemed possible in pre-season, but what do you think of me giving up W. Parker for Clinton Portis?  I also have L. Betts and he has D. Staley so that part works.

Do I trade new school stud for old school stud?

Thanks.

993069[/snapback]

If you can't make THAT decision on your own, you are in hugh trouble.

I can't believe some idiots out there are seriously considering giving up their solid draft picks for a guy like Willie Parker. Think Q. Griffin, Mewelde Moore. Whats even worse if people are posting "should I trade Willie Parker for a top RB" posts. Yes, of course you should trade Willie Parker for Clinton Portis. You'll be better off come week 5 when Parker is splitting time with Bettis/Staley.

you mean you haven't done it yet.

You shouldn't be askin about the trade.........YOU SHOULD BE TELLING US ABOUT THE TRADE YOU JUST MADE!!! :doah:

Agreeing with this here as well. I'm searching discussions on Parker right now, just nabbed him and deciding whther to play him or not. Just saw this post and have to say - YES - to that trade! A 2nd round pick being traded for someone off the waiver wire, and there's been only 1 game played so far this season!

No question. Get Portis on your roster now and watch the other dude squirm for the rest of the season.

Don't let the prospects for a nice week 2 from Parker cloud your thinking. FF is a 16 week season.

Swammi says: Grab Portis, and send the guy a thank you card (unless you can hold him off a week, in which case you can realize the huge Parker day yourself, and trade him on Tuesday next week). If Parker goes nuts this Sunday (he will), his value will be even higher next week.